Indian Economy: News and Discussion

SKC

Country flag
Those are marketing material. That is not the truth on the ground.

Most industries don't even use cloud services to store R&D data as they will have to put data on internet and in servers not in their control.
Why spreading such nonsense?? :frusty::frusty:
All kind of Industries are using cloud services nowadays whether for general data or propriety data. Cloud does not means it will get compromised easily.
Most companies are already using the Cloud version of microsoft office now. Does that means the data is getting on general network?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Why spreading such nonsense?? :frusty::frusty:
All kind of Industries are using cloud services nowadays whether for general data or propriety data. Cloud does not means it will get compromised easily.
Most companies are already using the Cloud version of microsoft office now. Does that means the data is getting on general network?
Read the post carefully. I said industry does not uses cloud services to store R&D data.
I can even say with certainty that pharmaceutical industry doesn't use cloud services to store production data.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Those are marketing material. That is not the truth on the ground.

Most industries don't even use cloud services to store R&D data as they will have to put data on internet and in servers not in their control.
But I'm not talking about storing r&d data?
I'm talking giving instructions and changing commands at high speeds like you would imagine industry would need for iot enabled machines.

Although I'm a finance guy no engineering background that's why I'm asking

karn

Country flag
Read the post carefully. I said industry does not uses cloud services to store R&D data.
I can even say with certainty that pharmaceutical industry doesn't use cloud services to store production data.
You have to have data on a cloud .. how would labs collaborate otherwise?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
But I'm not talking about storing r&d data?
I'm talking giving instructions and changing commands at high speeds like you would imagine industry would need for iot enabled machines.

Although I'm a finance guy no engineering background that's why I'm asking
These high speed machines are interfaced over wired network. Same goes for IoT enabled machines. They are interfaced either on LAN (more that 80% of time in my experience) or via WiFi with backup LAN.
Nothing beats speed and reliability of wired connection.

Second thing to consider is cost of operating and maintaining a wired connection is close to zero compared to cellular 5G connection.

It may sound fancy to market 5G connected devices but it is not practical.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
You have to have data on a cloud .. how would labs collaborate otherwise?
First majority companies of research work in labs that are in same building/premise or in geographical proximity.
Very few products are developed in labs that are separated by huge geographical distance.

Those companies that execute such complex project have capabilities to deploy their own servers and VPNs.

Last edited:

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
These high speed machines are interfaced over wired network. Same goes for IoT enabled machines. They are interfaced either on LAN (more that 80% of time in my experience) or via WiFi with backup LAN.
Nothing beats speed and reliability of wired connection.

Second thing to consider is cost of operating and maintaining a wired connection is close to zero compared to cellular 5G connection.

It may sound fancy to market 5G connected devices but it is not practical.
So you are not seeing any performance improvement due to 5G? What is the business use then?

karn

Country flag
First majority companies of research work in lab that are in same building or in geographical proximity.
Very few products are developed in labs that are separated by huge geographical distance.

Those companies that execute such complex project have capabilities to deploy their own servers and VPNs.
VPNs sure .. own servers not so much because there is no need ..
I have friends in Biotech R&D that know how to spin up Azure servers for their work. And their work is pretty secretive. Same with mechanical ... borsch for example.. They have their own net and passing around large CAD models slows them down a lot.
I too am not sure what 5G has over wifi when it comes to R&D facilities. Since (chinese 5g anyway) has higher frequency waves which causes bad range and cannot bend around corners as easily.

Reactions: SKC

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
So you are not seeing any performance improvement due to 5G? What is the business use then?
Most factories have 1 Gbps or 10 Gbps backbone networks which suffice industrial use.
For industry their is not much performance improvement but for civilian market its next level.
In civilian market it helps you increase user density in a given cell, beam forming, shrink cell size and lot of other benefits.
It will help a lot in general purpose cellular use like gaming, video streaming, internet telephony, etc.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
EU 316 $ plan for renewable energy project . Renewable energy market ll see a crazy jump in a decade . India going the same way .

India need to work on finding out phospates replacement for food security.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
VPNs sure .. own servers not so much because there is no need ..
I have friends in Biotech R&D that know how to spin up Azure servers for their work. And their work is pretty secretive. Same with mechanical ... borsch for example.. They have their own net and passing around large CAD models slows them down a lot.
I too am not sure what 5G has over wifi when it comes to R&D facilities. Since (chinese 5g anyway) has higher frequency waves which causes bad range and cannot bend around corners as easily.
I work as a solution provider for data acquisition in pharmaceutical, chemical and petrochemical industry.
All these people have their own servers and VPNs/networks to store production and R&D data in-house.
These companies have their dedicated server rooms.
I am speaking from my personal experience.
They have the following strict requirements
  1. Data belongs to them and no one else should be able to access that data
  2. Data doesn't exit their network or server without explicit approval
  3. Only authorized parties can access data
  4. Internet can't be accessed for any third party dependencies
and the list continues.

In my experience marketing, sales, admin, etc. are the department that use cloud services.

Last edited:

notaname

Country flag
Stagflation is going to set in in a lot of countries. This is just like the 1970's crisis.

>oil prices increase
>gov spending to promote 'stimulus'
>inflation levels rise
>people demand higher wages
>prices increase
>gov spending to promote 'stimulus' again
>inflation levels rise

They only had 5% unemployment when their stagflation cycle began in the 1970s which of course turned into 13% unemployment once Fed rates skyrocketed.

We are actually worse off than the 1970s because the supply of everything is artificially capped by global incompetence and chink flu lockdowns, and every government keeps printing more money.
What will be the effects on Indian economy of this? anyone?

@ezsasa @Haldilal @FalconSlayers and others.

Two Minutes To Midnight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Will cause lots of inflation squeezing economic growth in the entire world, developing countries will be the worst affected.
Correct. Global South countries will be hit very hard. Though America is not going to do that much better either. Europe might, MIGHT, if they pull their head out of their asses.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
What will be the effects on Indian economy of this? anyone?

@ezsasa @Haldilal @FalconSlayers and others.
Ya'll Nibbiars classic method explained in simple terms to how to dodge Inflationa.

1 . The GOI can use wage and price controls to fight inflation, but these policies have faired poorly in the past.

2 . The GOI can pursue a contractionary monetary policy, reducing the money supply within an economy. But that dosent fairs properly.

3 . The GOI can implements contractionary monetary policy through higher interest rates and open market operations.

4 . The GOi can Implements Open market, Reserves rates, Discount Rates.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles