Indian Economy: News and Discussion

FalconZero

Country flag
Wonder how government will cope after more and more people start opting for solar panels to charge their scooters etc. I am pretty sure ola will launch similar feature like tesla did with tesla powerwalls for homes.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Wonder how government will cope after more and more people start opting for solar panels to charge their scooters etc. I am pretty sure ola will launch similar feature like tesla did with tesla powerwalls for homes.
Why will they cope ,it will be good for our solar panel manufacturers and will clean up atmosphere .

IndianHawk

Country flag
This is what we were talking about earlier.

50% of electricity at plant will come from solar .

The beauty of solar is that you can generate it on your own premise . All factories offices complex will be doing same.

We should cover our highways with solar panels too to save us from extreme heat while making electricity and install free chargers along the way .

another_armchair

Country flag
This is what we were talking about earlier.

50% of electricity at plant will come from solar .

The beauty of solar is that you can generate it on your own premise . All factories offices complex will be doing same.

We should cover our highways with solar panels too to save us from extreme heat while making electricity and install free chargers along the way .
We live close to the tropics and those panels covering our highways would be at the mercy of extreme wind and weather.

Daily maintenance and checks over a stretch of two-three kms would be a serious challenge with heavy traffic running below unlike a solar park where you have a small area without such hindrances to work around with... and automating regular maintance(cleaning etc) is easier.

Govt must push for rooftop solar. We were staying at a rented home in Bangalore about 10 years ago. Place had a solar water heater on the terrace. We didn't realize how it helped till it more than halved our electricity bill from an average of 1300-1400/mo at a place that did not have a solar water heater to an average of 630-680/mo. Can imagine how many units must've been saved, which in turn must've eased off generation overheads from just one home.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Has this been posted before??

403 million dollars investment by Tatas to manufacture solar panels. Big .

Vikram solar is also building 4.3 GW capacity manufacturing plant .

Solar panel manufacturing is growing very fast in India and it will reduce cost of solar panels too.

another_armchair

Country flag
Many are blackpilling in comments and quotes, well we should work on 6G because 5G is already here which we just have to implement.
These are the same people who made fun of UPI and Aadhaar linkage.

NaMo Govt deserves full credit for its E-Governance.

Given the size of India and the complexities involved.. have stood for close to an hour to pay my electricity and other utility bills.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
These are the same people who made fun of UPI and Aadhaar linkage.

NaMo Govt deserves full credit for its E-Governance.

Given the size of India and the complexities involved.. BC have stood for close to an hour to pay my electricity and other utility bills.
I can feel it, standing in lines just to pay gas and electricity bills and iirc even telecom, now in less than half a minute it’s possible through UPI/FinTech platforms.

Spindrift

Wot? Mate EV is the future. Tesla has changed the game in the west, it has cornered the market and now even the US president had to call upon his industrialists to invest in EV market.

Hydrogen is a meme that will get btfo'd with ever improving battery tech.

Hehe, have you ever been to UP? Cities are getting more and more eletric driven rickshaws. Electricity is cheaper. And in villages there's a good adaption of solar panels. It takes one family to showcase the use case of solar panels and people will follow the suit.

Ola electric scooter is already a hit, wait for few years and you yourself will be looking for a good ev in the market.

Hydrogen is a meme and why you need to waste resources on fuel when we already have the biggest source of energy in the sky? Sun.

Just put solar panels, recharge your car, scooter, bike and enjoy.
Born and bred in UP and please don't compare E rickshaws to proper electric vehicles for one they use a standard 12V truck battery which can easily be recharged and does not need an infra like EVs.

As far as putting solar panels go, their life is anywhere 25 to 50 years and they are not recyclable as far as I know and once they start reaching their EOL and start dying, they'll end up in land fill sites causing another kind of pollution and the bloody andolanjeevi type of people will again start their RR and the same story will continue.

refer: https://www.wired.com/story/solar-panels-are-starting-to-die-leaving-behind-toxic-trash/

Alfalfa

Country flag
Let them conclude the census. True picture will only be available only then. India's TFR, as per the census of 2011, stands at 2.4.
But what to do about the muzzies?? I really thought we would see a 2 child policy by now... Else we are doomed, in my hometown entire neighbourhoods are being taken over in a sinister campaign and no one seems to care

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles