Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Eco activity contracted in 15 states and UTs in FY21
Among the six states that witnessed positive growth, Tripura turned in the highest growth rate at 3.96% as against 9.4% in FY20, followed by Sikkim, whose state output grew by 3.73% compared to 5.77%. The next best was by Bihar, whose economic activity grew by 2.52% in FY21 as against 7.41% growth in FY20. Other states include Tamil Nadu at 1.42% growth as against 6.13% a year before, while West Bengal saw 1.06% growth. J&K’s GSDP too grew by 0.53%.
1632071784021.jpeg

Economy of Bihar and Tamil Nadu kept growing even during the Covid Pandemic (not counting Tripura and Sikkim as they are very small)

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Advertiment agency have run out of ideas.

Today's Gender Equality Means Replacing Men ! Recently saw the new Cadbury Ad with the same iconic old song "Kuchh Baat Hai Zindagi Mein" sung by a MAN ! This time there cricket player is a Wahman and the one who dances for her is a Man.

The Feminism is future.

And well my feminist cousin didn't like the Ad well due to the other reasons but seeing people applauded it on the twitter.

Last edited:

angryIndian

Country flag
india ranks 76 among 82 economies in social mobility index this is a very important metric because this means the wealth is getting concentrated to a few individuals and the rest of them can't quite climb the social ladder due to a wealth of reasons
The biggest failure of the liberalization was the failure to create a middle class with purchasing power.
What liberalization instead has done in the past 30 years is that it has created exponential growth in incomes of the well offs where as the downtrodden majority have only seen marginal increase in fortune.
Unlike China where people jumped from absolute poverty to middle class with big spending power,India has only been able to lift people from absolute poverty to a state of vulnerability(low income group) and are mostly susceptible to economic shocks.So it does not come as a surprise that India is seeing a rapid rise in poverty.
1632102701186.png

This is bound to happen when you prioritize only niche service sectors which benefits only a miniscule amount of the population.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
The biggest failure of the liberalization was the failure to create a middle class with purchasing power.
What liberalization instead has done in the past 30 years is that it has created exponential growth in incomes of the well offs where as the downtrodden majority have only seen marginal increase in fortune.
Unlike China where people jumped from absolute poverty to middle class with big spending power,India has only been able to lift people from absolute poverty to a state of vulnerability(low income group) and are mostly susceptible to economic shocks.So it does not come as a surprise that India is seeing a rapid rise in poverty.
View attachment 110966

This is bound to happen when you prioritize only niche service sectors which benefits only a miniscule amount of the population.
I have said this before and I will say this again. These Pew Research Center and CMIE surveys do not mean a thing. I even shared a detailed analysis made by Dr. Arvind Virmani.

Also, on a side note china (since you cannot write a post without mentioning them) libetated their economy way way before India even imagined; I am sure you know this.

Last edited:

Crazywithmath

Country flag
india ranks 76 among 82 economies in social mobility index this is a very important metric because this means the wealth is getting concentrated to a few individuals and the rest of them can't quite climb the social ladder due to a wealth of reasons

View attachment 110878
Never heard of this index; who compiles it? Also, not sure how much one can concur when only 82 nations are taken into account. Any detailed analysis?

angryIndian

Country flag
I have said this before and I will say this again. These Pew Research Center and CMIE surveys do not mean a thing. I even shared a detailed analysis made by Dr. Arvind Virmani.

Also, on a side note china (since you cannot write a post without mentioning them) libetated their economy way way before India even imagined; I am sure you know this.
What exactly is the disputable issue here ?

The fact that India has a middle class with no purchasing power is a known fact.
The fact that only a small number of Indians have seen a sharp rise in their fortune is an indisputable fact.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
What exactly is the disputable issue here ?

The fact that India has a middle class with no purchasing power is a known fact.
The fact that only a small number of Indians have seen a sharp rise in their fortune is an indisputable fact.
The pew research center survey data is unreliable. They claim to collect figures from povcal but their figures do not add up. Also, it is not wise to extrapolate a temporary hiccup to paint a larger picture. A lot of surveys made by them and CMIE have extremely narrow sample space. One survey just outright asked a few people whether they had lost jobs or not and then just extrapolated it. The fact that some people might have fallen into poverty cannot be denied at all; the doubts are on the actual figures which seem to be highly exaggerated. Already posted a detailed analysis here made by an eminent Indian economist.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

The Shrike

Country flag
How much money are they actually making, or rather how much cash are they burning? 3k Cr in 2years is a huge number, my concern is most of it is going to sekular woke harami actors/producers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles