Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
He is nt indian ? So why so many comment on india and this love for bihar . 🤔
Ya'll Nibbiars studying in bihar. A Buddhist.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Last year, 33 new fintech investment deals worth US$647.5 million were closed in the Indian market in the quarter ending June 2020, compared to China’s US$284.9 million. India’s fintech market is now valued at US$31 billion, projected to grow to US$84 billion by 2025. The fintech transaction value size is projected to grow to US$138 billion by 2023 from US$66 billion in 2019.

:balleballe::balleballe:

After Zomato’s blockbuster IPO demonstrated the appetite for consumer internet firms in public markets, the list of firms planning IPO’s soon continues to grow. After CarTrade, MobiKwik, Paytm and PolicyBazaar, Nykaa has converted into a public entity now

IPO-IPO :playball::playball:

View attachment 102079
Yet another week of 1B+ raising. :truestory:

Fintech is one industry where it's success can directly be attributed to current Govt's policy.

Digital Payments Apr-2020 = 82,41,058 Crores
Digital Payments Mar-2021 = 172,83,345 Crores (That's 53 lakh crore more than Apr 2020)
Digital Payments Apr-2021 = 119,69,913 Crores (This fiscal starting itself is 119 lakh crore, which is 35 lakh crore more YoY)

Digital payments are growing at a tremendous pace.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Fintech is one industry where it's success can directly be attributed to current Govt's policy.

Digital Payments Apr-2020 = 82,41,058 Crores
Digital Payments Mar-2021 = 172,83,345 Crores (That's 53 lakh crore more than Apr 2020)
Digital Payments Apr-2021 = 119,69,913 Crores (This fiscal starting itself is 119 lakh crore)

Digital payments are growing at a tremendous pace.
Ya'll Nibbiars you are talking like the data analyst but you are not. :hehe:

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sorry to say but that's how nation works , some get rich first ,some get later , otherwise ,we will be divided like hell then as a populace , social indicator will vary too much , bihar is going to get rich soon , with the help of industrialization
I am not saying that people in other parts of India shouldn’t be allowed to do business and jobs in these areas but the money earned from these resources should be spent develop the infrastructure in these areas it will be a win win situation

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I am not saying that people in other parts of India shouldn’t be allowed to do business and jobs in these areas but the money earned from these resources should be spent develop the infrastructure in these areas
So what if a state has no natural resources , then ??

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I am not saying that people in other parts of India shouldn’t be allowed to do business and jobs in these areas but the money earned from these resources should be spent develop the infrastructure in these areas it will be a win win situation
Iron Ore Per Tonne costs : 7,450 ₹
Cold Rolled Coil(steel) Per Tonne costs : 80,000 ₹
Maruti Bonnet costs about 5000 ₹ each, which weighs roughly 10 kg .

revenue of the state depends where it's industry is in the value chain .

warriorextreme

Country flag
These gold reserves should belong to the Respective state governments
as far as I know gold reserves are owned by the centre
People should protest against this law
the wealth earned from this gold should be spend within the geographical boundaries of These states not outside
I believe since gold is a monetary asset that can be held by central banks as reserves thus it by default should be managed by Central Government. Same policy I think should apply to nuclear materials like Uranium, Thorium etc.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I believe since gold is a monetary asset that can be held by central banks as reserves thus it by default should be managed by Central Government. Same policy I think should apply to nuclear materials like Uranium, Thorium etc.
But India is a federation of states isn’t it ?

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Iron Ore Per Tonne costs : 7,450 ₹
Cold Rolled Coil(steel) Per Tonne costs : 80,000 ₹
Maruti Bonnet costs about 5000 ₹ each, which weighs roughly 10 kg .

revenue of the state depends where it's industry is in the value chain .
But Gold is different from iron ore

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It is union of states , not a feDeration .
There is no federation in india.
Every state has its own set of advantages and disadvantages Some have coastlines some have special category status some have proximity to big cities like Delhi for example
Bihar , Rajasthan and Karnataka has primary gold ore reserves which is owned by union of India not by the state isn’t that unfair?

Last edited:

warriorextreme

Country flag
But India is a federation of states isn’t it ?
Yes but that doesn't mean each state has its own central bank, army and external affairs policy.

Here we are talking about states but even countries like Scotland, England, Wales do not have separate embassies and operate under the British Embassies as far as I am aware.

Each country will have varying level of federation but certain things will always fall under central governments domain (Union List), certain in states domain (State Lust) and certain in Concurrent list.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes but that doesn't mean each state has its own central bank, army and external affairs policy.

Here we are talking about states but even countries like Scotland, England, Wales do not have separate embassies and operate under the British Embassies as far as I am aware.

Each country will have varying level of federation but certain things will always fall under central governments domain (Union List), certain in states domain (State Lust) and certain in Concurrent list.

Every state in India has its own set of advantages and disadvantages Some have coastlines some have special category status some have proximity to big cities like Delhi for example
Bihar , Rajasthan and Karnataka has primary gold ore reserves which is owned by union of India not by the respective state governments isn’t that unfair?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
But Gold is different from iron ore
same logic:

Notice the number of grams of gold per tonne is being extracted. 3.44 gram per tonne.
state where actual gold is being manufactured, and that manufactured gold is being utilised into making high value items like jewellery is what matters.

It's always about where's the state's industry is located in value chain.

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.35.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 6.40.19 PM.png

warriorextreme

Country flag
Every state has its own set of advantages and disadvantages Some have coastlines some have fertile land some have proximity to big cities like Delhi for example
Bihar , Rajasthan and Karnataka has primary gold ore reserves which is owned by union of India not by the state isn’t that unfair?
Bihar also has huge amount of water while Maharashtra sees drought every year. But you cannot compare gold with other resources as Gold is a monetary asset and is important from any countries financial stability perspective.

If you are specifically talking about Bihar then that state has the potential (It was once situated very close to Kolkata which was India's capital) and needs to make better use of it's advantages rather than getting into things that are constitutionally not under their domain.

By your logic Maharashtra would have been the most backward state as it has almost no natural resources, very miniscule water, terrain that is not suitable for farming etc. etc. and yet it is the number one state in the country as it focused on industrialization.

That being said it can be taken over by other states if they play their cards right and Maharashtra goofs up big time over the years (which I believe is happening as we speak).

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Every state has its own set of advantages and disadvantages Some have coastlines some have special category status some have proximity to big cities like Delhi for example
Nyet

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
You are correct, if I consider inflation of 4%.
Nomial GDP growth = 8% (Real) + 4% (inflation) = 12%

3*1.12^10 = 9.3 trillion USD.

He has done some error in calculation by using real GDP growth for nominal.
This makes sense. I have been arguing this for a long time. Inflation can be 5%.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles