Indian Economy: News and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Even Bangladesh has a better female participation rate than us. When half of our workforce is stuck at home how exactly will we grow in the double digits
are you sure you want workforce to be added by 100%? What do you think will happen to wages?

what will happen to demand if supply is increased by 100%?

think it thru, beyond what commie propaganda is trying to insert in people’s minds.

sauntheninja

Country flag
are you sure you want workforce to be added by 100%? What do you think will happen to wages?

what will happen to demand if supply is increased by 100%?

think it thru, beyond what commie propaganda is trying to insert in people’s minds.
so women should stay at home?

mushahary

Country flag
Last two pages have been very depressing to read. It seems nothing is going right and irrespective of anything any govt. do nothing much will change for us.

Tang

Country flag
Micromax started in early 90s as contract manufacturer for making TV for other big brands in India. Their core strength was making TVs and some other home electronics but they found broad success when they entered into Android market when no other Indian brand was there.
They should have kept their TV and electronics business up along with Phones.
Samsung is among the biggest phone manufacturer but the bulk of their profit comes from home electronics market only and not from phones.
They are still manufacturing TVs from scratch.

Reactions: SKC

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
so women should stay at home?
why should it be even viewed as a male and female issue, let the person who wants to work work.

if workforce doubles, what will happen to families with only one earning member? If employers were willing to pay 10000, will now be paying 5000 because of abundance in workforce supply.

sauntheninja

Country flag
why should it be even viewed as a male and female issue, let the person who wants to work work.

if workforce doubles, what will happen to families with only one earning member? If employers were willing to pay 10000, will now be paying 5000 because of abundance in workforce supply.
Because it is a male and female issue from birth girls are taught you have to do house chores and support your husband obviously once they grow up they won't want to work and how it is commie propoganda infact in a capitalist society half the workforce staying at home would be immensely wasteful and more women working would improve their safety and give them more freedom

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Because it is a male and female issue from birth girls are taught you have to do house chores and support your husband obviously once they grow up they won't want to work and how it is commie propoganda infact in a capitalist society half the workforce staying at home would be immensely wasteful and more women working would improve their safety and give them more freedom
not in my family. Does that happen in your family?

notaname

Country flag
How you can say every girl in India is taught this in all my family and even extended families women's can work if they want to even are motivated for it and they work according to their skills, don't generalize everyone it may happen in your families that's not on government it's thier own choice if they want to work nobody is going to stop them.

It's just media which got problem with everything and even government is doing its part by educating girls but they are going for feminism that is another thing.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Core LED unit can be any of this:
View attachment 94339
even few more design will be there.

Finished products made by companies are:
View attachment 94340

These finished products are bought by EESL and other govt units.
yes mate, I know.
question remains, where is EESL/CESL sourcing their led bulbs from?

more than 36 crore LED bulbs & 1.14 crore street lights were procured from EESL.

IndianYonko

Country flag
I want complete equality. BIDEN STYLE....,😂😂😂

Jokes aprt; I guess there is a trend in this. Middle class has least number of working people.

In poor families, everyone works. But it{working women perc} drops as their family enter middle class. Then it increases again,but I'm not sure, its increase in number of working members which push them to upper middle or to sustain the upper middle standard women start to work again.

BUT YEAH I SUPPORT EQUALITY; IF U inSeRt yOuR BigUs DiCkUs bETtEr Be rEAdY tO rECiEVE aRTiFiCiAl BigUs DiCkUs. Told ya Biden style.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Jokes aprt; I guess there is a trend in this. Middle class has least number of working people.

In poor families, everyone works. But it{working women perc} drops as their family enter middle class. Then it increases again,but I'm not sure, its increase in number of working members which push them to upper middle or to sustain the upper middle standard women start to work again.

BUT YEAH I SUPPORT EQUALITY; IF U inSeRt yOuR BigUs DiCkUs bETtEr Be rEAdY tO rECiEVE aRTiFiCiAl BigUs DiCkUs. Told ya Biden style.
One more point to be noted ,for labour force participation , criterion is 15 years and above ,women of this age are mostly at home , they start working after marriage generally ,because in rural families ,elder gurls stay at home to look after their animals , or other children and all ,then we have big prevelant burqa culture as well it's other form as purda culture ,purda us going but burqa will stay

SKC

Country flag
yes mate, I know.
question remains, where is EESL/CESL sourcing their led bulbs from?

more than 36 crore LED bulbs & 1.14 crore street lights were procured from EESL.
Honestly its a stupid question. They buy it via tenders. Any company who make them in India can take part and provide it to the agencies. Tons of companies now all over Indian which makes final bulbs from Led modules.
Even Wipro, Godrej and few other big names are there. Yes, the individual LED module will be coming from outside but not everything can be made in India at the same time.

SKC

Country flag

I don't think there is any truth to your observation of Middle class. Is there any survey done to verify your claim?
To me it seems like it is the middle class where Girls actually go out working to support the family and as the family tend to move to Upper middle class or True upper class, they either move out of STEM fields or go into their family business and a good portion of them remains at home in order to "HOLDS THE FAMILY TOGETHER"

However true regarding the BPL and labor class, all members of family who can work will work. But here a good no or people are working unofficially! Girls are working in houses as maids!
No employment statistics will be accurate for them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Honestly its a stupid question. They buy it via tenders. Any company who make them in India can take part and provide it to the agencies. Tons of companies now all over Indian which makes final bulbs from Led modules.
Even Wipro, Godrej and few other big names are there. Yes, the individual LED module will be coming from outside but not everything can be made in India at the same time.
as always let me clarify, have no interest in point scoring. Just want to find out ground reality.

looks like tariff on import of LED module is 40.8 %.

we need not guess these things. Can anyone on laptop check for import & export data for HSCODE 8531 on ministry of commerce website for years 2014 to 2020?

SKC

Country flag
How you can say every girl in India is taught this in all my family and even extended families women's can work if they want to even are motivated for it and they work according to their skills, don't generalize everyone it may happen in your families that's not on government it's thier own choice if they want to work nobody is going to stop them.

It's just media which got problem with everything and even government is doing its part by educating girls but they are going for feminism that is another thing.
This argument is quite poor that Women can work if they want or if they are motivated.
Things are much better in Big cities now but still a big section of society is getting their girls educated for the sake of it as Educated girls have better aspects of getting married.
Here you should see what happens, Boys of the house will ge sent for BTech or other 4 yr Degree programs. Girls of the same house needs to be educated too so they will be asked to do Diploma, BA, MA, Bsc , B.eD, etc.
Good look with motivating these girls for work! It is almost same like not getting them educated or training for any work!
If such king of attitude is there in your family that they can work if they want or if they are motivated then you need to sit down within family and rethink!
It is very easy to say No one will be going to stop the girls if they want to work, but the environment is made such they never put forward their desire to work! Lots of excuses are made and they simply gives up the Idea.

SKC

Country flag
as always let me clarify, have no interest in point scoring. Just want to find out ground reality.

looks like tariff on import of LED module is 40.8 %.

we need not guess these things. Can anyone on laptop check for import & export data for HSCODE 8531 on ministry of commerce website for years 2014 to 2020?
If there is any disconnect between us then please correct me.

You are getting stuck to the core LED Modules, not sure why! Already people mentioned that LED module manufacturing is close to none inside India and yes we are importing it.

However we make the finished product completely inside India, including the plastic body, glass parts, metal parts, packaging stuff, documentation and all.

If you want the LED module to be made inside India too then wait for some magic to happen in PLI schemes being introduced.

If I am wrong then please correct me, no issues with that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles