Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures

Dharmic_Crusader

Country flag
Screenshot (9).png

I Just do not understand the use of these patkas.... can somebody explain this shit to me... I'm no expert but seriously.. nothing is covered at all.... one perfectly and/or imperfectly placed shot to the back or even to the side of the head and that dude is dead.. I know these things can stop a bullet from an AK but why not take that part of it.. and incorporate it into a ballistic helmet..:confused1:

ClawReed787

Country flag
View attachment 67680

I Just do not understand the use of these patkas.... can somebody explain this shit to me... I'm no expert but seriously.. nothing is covered at all.... one perfectly and/or imperfectly placed shot to the back or even to the side of the head and that dude is dead.. I know these things can stop a bullet from an AK but why not take that part of it.. and incorporate it into a ballistic helmet..:confused1:
I hope they're not still in production

Killbot

Country flag
View attachment 67680

I hope they're not still in production
Well, they do their job well. So, they will continue to serve alongside new ballistic helmets for a long time to come. And they cover the area most likely to be hit: the front of the head. The only disadvantages it has are degree of coverage and weight. I don't know why people hate on it so much. It has saved hundreds of lives so far. Ask any vets who have served in Kashmir, or, until recently, along LoC. It isn't being replaced by Indian army just yet. It will be moved to the back lines, reserves etc. The frontline troops will get MKU ballistic helmets with a level 3 ceramic applique.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 67680

that’s CRPF QRT, they are tip of the spear, if CRPF is called in.

if they have chosen patka inspite of having access to the ballistic helmets, there must be a reason.

vishnugupt

Country flag
View attachment 67680

Please be nice. Anything which protect soldiers live is priceless and should be respected.
Corrupt Generals bought faulty Helmets for troops which found even less effective than Patka so Patka has made a come back again and IA again preparing a RFI for next kickback helmet deal.

Patka is very reliable head gear than anything at preset IA have though it is a outdated design.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
View attachment 67680

Aside from the top protection it is a really good innovation. Preferred in CI/CT ops.

Dharmic_Crusader

Country flag
that’s CRPF QRT, they are tip of the spear, if CRPF is called in.

if they have chosen patka inspite of having access to the ballistic helmets, there must be a reason.
Please be nice. Anything which protect soldiers live is priceless and should be respected.
Corrupt Generals bought faulty Helmets for troops which found even less effective than Patka so Patka has made a come back again and IA again preparing a RFI for next kickback helmet deal.

Patka is very reliable head gear than anything at preset IA have though it is a outdated design.

Aside from the top protection it is a really good innovation. Preferred in CI/CT ops.
if I sounded disrespectful or anything I assure y'all that was not the intention.... there's no doubt about the fact that these guys are like the elites of the elite but that level of exposure shouldn't be there in the first place... I've been around this forum long enough to know how reliable the Patka is and why the operatives on the ground love it....but it just covers the front of the head (which is obviously the most likely place to get hit)... but what about shrapnel.. what happens if there is a ricochet... whenever I see these helmets (knowing full-well its reputation) all I see are huge open areas with no protection and that just looks fucking scary to me

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
if I sounded disrespectful or anything I assure y'all that was not the intention.... there's no doubt about the fact that these guys are like the elites of the elite but that level of exposure shouldn't be there in the first place... I've been around this forum long enough to know how reliable the Patka is and why the operatives on the ground love it....but it just covers the front of the head (which is obviously the most likely place to get hit)... but what about shrapnel.. what happens if there is a ricochet... whenever I see these helmets (knowing full-well its reputation) all I see are huge open areas with no protection and that just looks fucking scary to me
Don't worry they are being replaced with better helmets, it's just that some patkas will be kept in reserves. Troops can choose from whichever helmet they prefer, there was a photo of a soldier carrying two helmets at once, goes to show their is something about the helmet that has found good faith among the soldiers.

vishnugupt

Country flag
What other options do soldiers have?? Wearing something which is saving your top of head is better than wearing something which covers your head fully but doesn't protect your head.

Armed forces ordered Helmet which does not protect from hard core bullets of AK. If you can remember A Garuda Commando died from head shot despite of wearing newly acquired helmets. That was the day when Patka returned in valley.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles