Indian cities developement

mystic avatar

So recently I was on green forms (pee dee.... you know) where some idiots were sharing videos of undeveloped parts of India and comparing that with developed parts of Islamabad. Then I noticed a similar trend on youtube as well. Many Indians are falling for this trap and praising Pakistani city planning.

Unfortunately mainstream Indian media has been busy showing old parts of cities, narrow galis, etc. Such undeveloped parts exists everywhere but it seems our media and neighbor are obsessed with such. So I decided to post developed and under-developing parts of new India.

Here is collection of videos I found.

I will start with Ahmadabad, Gujarat. Maybe I will post about other cities later.

if you guys have photos videos of new development please post it here. Thank you.

Corporate area of Ahmedabad

Riverfront, our PM's dream project

Gift city, India's first smart city

mystic avatar

New generation of bus stations (or busports as coined by many) have started to appear in many cities of Gujarat below are 2 busports of Ahmadabad city only.

Ahmadabad's main bus station

Ahmadabad's 2nd bus station in Ranip

Tamil TigerWoods

LOL at Pakistani cities.

A lower HDI, standard of living, per capita income and substantially greater levels of poverty and underdevelopment.....a country which is on the verge of economic collapse for the nth time with successive foreign bailouts.....and these dimwits want to praise how their cities look through the lens of professional photography?

Tamil TigerWoods

Going through Indian cities one thing we lack compare to westerners aside from Cleanliness and planning is aesthetics.
Yeah. Credit to the Westerners- they have really cornered the market on planning and building cities over the past few centuries since the turn of the Age of Enlightenment

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Stayed in Mumbai for three years in the late 70s. The change is pretty spectacular!

See in full screen......

Gurugram.....

Aero City near Delhi.....

Last edited:

G10

Country flag
I think this thread should merge with infrastructure development thread

mystic avatar

Stayed in Mumbai for three years in the late 70s. The change is pretty spectacular!

See in full screen......

Gurugram.....

Aero City near Delhi.....

Amazing videos.

Gurugram is absolutely amazing. I can't believe how much developed it has become.:drool:

Mumbai city look more and more like New York with those skyscrapers. :india2:

Thank you for sharing.

I wish if our Indian journos would show these places on TV instead of slums. It would change mindset of our people and make people aspire to be prosperous.

Bollywood too can contribute by shooting their movies in these places instead of typical foreign locations.

Unfortunately most of our establishments are full of people who are secret commies (urban naxals) who can't digest success of free market capitalism.:doh:

G10

Country flag
Indian people are getting more cunning. One white guy shared with me he had previous indian colleague now american citizen who told him he escaped india as he was discriminated for being dalit. Wish i could meet him someday.

fyodor

Country flag
More mumbai:drool:

Don't want to troll here but Mumbai is really one of the shittiest city in the world for its size.
People really need to ask the question: Why does mumbai has such shitty infrastructure while being so important?
Delhi is criss-crossed with roads, flyovers, metros etc. What Mumbai has? Pothole ridden roads and stupid people talking about the 'resilience of Mumbai'!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Don't want to troll here but Mumbai is really one of the shittiest city in the world for its size.
People really need to ask the question: Why does mumbai has such shitty infrastructure while being so important?
Delhi is criss-crossed with roads, flyovers, metros etc. What Mumbai has? Pothole ridden roads and stupid people talking about the 'resilience of Mumbai'!
Which area in Mumbai has potholes these days?

Not potholes here and there, but bad roads at a stretch...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles