Indian cities developement

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
To me Bhubaneshwar seems like an ideal city and a role model for development of Every city in India.

1657301466655.png

About 186 km2 in area it has managed to pack some 1 million folks in it with every thing to offer.
>Over 50 colleges of Engineering, Medical, MBA etc.
>A small but sufficient IT sector TCS, WIPRO, HCL, Infosys are all here.
>Large amount of open spaces like Park, Fields, stadium garden, etc.
>Wide Roads with footpath and lots of trees at each side.
>Well Zoned areas.
>Underground caballing due to constant storms.
> A Industrial cluster on the east end of the city where low skilled laborer's can also find jobs.

It still has lots of empty space so it can provide a good standard of living to almost 1.5 to 2 million people if land area is used correctly.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
To me Bhubaneshwar seems like an ideal city and a role model for development of Every city in India.

View attachment 163293

About 186 km2 in area it has managed to pack some 1 million folks in it with every thing to offer.
>Over 50 colleges of Engineering, Medical, MBA etc.
>A small but sufficient IT sector TCS, WIPRO, HCL, Infosys are all here.
>Large amount of open spaces like Park, Fields, stadium garden, etc.
>Wide Roads with footpath and lots of trees at each side.
>Well Zoned areas.
>Underground caballing due to constant storms.
> A Industrial cluster on the east end of the city where low skilled laborer's can also find jobs.

It still has lots of empty space so it can provide a good standard of living to almost 1.5 to 2 million people if land area is used correctly.
The city is inside a district who's population is 2.3 million and a area of 2888 km2 so you can see how the city has made efficient use of land area.
Enough space is left for forest farmland water bodies.
I think lots of people will say we have lots of land so why bother with efficient land usage?
But IMO one does not need to waste resources until you rellay need it.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Whenever Cities are planned we still have villages in its own fate. Like Delhi has villages which completely follows some planning compared to other areas.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Whenever Cities are planned we still have villages in its own fate. Like Delhi has villages which completely follows some planning compared to other areas.
Mostly they are existing village and the city grew around them.

Example from Noida

Screenshot_2022-07-11-19-58-59-32_4937eb900e197f95da98f502ddfb10e1.jpg

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Indian development and Urbanization should be districts centric rather than state centric where a handful cities get all the gold deals.

I'll take my own district for example.

Gaya is probably the second richest District after Patna with a population close to 1 million

Despite this Gaya District should not be all about Gaya city alone.
There are other blocks with special features.
Bodh Gaya is a major tourist hub.
Guraru, Gurua and Paraiya are major Sugarcane Producer with a few dysfunctional Sugar mills that can be turned into ethanol plant after leveling the area.
Dobhi has GT road so it could be a logistics hub and dry port.
Aloa there is A militray installation.
Screenshot_20220711-201309_Maps.jpg

Sherghati can be picnic spot as it has beautiful hills and organic farming as well.
Imamganj has lots of cement factory.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
A central body must be formed in each district that looks after the following.

Proper planning and Urbanization.
Investment and promotion of industry.
Development of infrastructure.

The Vietnam way.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
A central body must be formed in each district that looks after the following.

Proper planning and Urbanization.
Investment and promotion of industry.
Development of infrastructure.

The Vietnam way.
Babus should check Chinese cities. Even tier-4 cities have immaculate planning and grid system. Just check on Google Earth

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Babus should check Chinese cities. Even tier-4 cities have immaculate planning and grid system. Just check on Google Earth
Commies had a grid system since their founding days. Soviet Union which the CCP followed had all its urban centers well planned. This when the automobile ownership rates were very low. Building 10 lane arterial roads in cities to boast to the west that communism is better than westocracy was a constant thing. India had no such compulsions as the overarching idea was to play poverty politics all the time.

Varoon2

Country flag
Can't copy the link for some reason, but that crane collapse in Thane, killing 16 people is horrific and abominable. This sort of thing is happening too often in India. I can't imagine what it is to be a victim of that - I hope the deaths were swift- or being friends and co-workers of the victims, and having to see them meet such a fate. Horrible.

Blademaster

Can't copy the link for some reason, but that crane collapse in Thane, killing 16 people is horrific and abominable. This sort of thing is happening too often in India. I can't imagine what it is to be a victim of that - I hope the deaths were swift- or being friends and co-workers of the victims, and having to see them meet such a fate. Horrible.

Here is a link to this accident:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles