Indian BSF soldier arrested on Pakistani soil

Blackwater

SIALKOT: Pakistani authorities arrested an Indian Border Security Force (BSF) soldier for crossing the working border into Pakistani territory near Kuleil village in Sialkot's Bajwat sector on Wednesday, a local channel reported.

According to intelligence sources, the Indian soldier was taken into custody by Chenab Rangers and he was later shifted to an undisclosed location for interrogation.

Cross-border clashes between Pakistan and India have occurred quite a few time this year while multiple incidents have being reported specifically from Sialkot.

Two Pakistani soldiers were wounded On July 16 in crossfire between Indian and Pakistani forces in Charwah sector near Sialkot.

Indian BSF soldier arrested on Pakistani soil | Pakistan Today

ladder

Country flag

SIALKOT: Pakistani authorities arrested an Indian Border Security Force (BSF) soldier for crossing the working border into Pakistani territory near Kuleil village in Sialkot's Bajwat sector on Wednesday, a local channel reported.

According to intelligence sources, the Indian soldier was taken into custody by Chenab Rangers and he was later shifted to an undisclosed location for interrogation.

Cross-border clashes between Pakistan and India have occurred quite a few time this year while multiple incidents have being reported specifically from Sialkot.

Two Pakistani soldiers were wounded On July 16 in crossfire between Indian and Pakistani forces in Charwah sector near Sialkot.

Indian BSF soldier arrested on Pakistani soil | Pakistan Today
He was swept in the Chenab river, when his boat engine failed, other three jawans managed to reach the rescue boat, but the unlucky fellow was swept away downstream to Pakistan.

Pasted the news in BSF sticky thread.

rizwan78

Country flag
Personaly i wish the captured soilder should be handover to India as soon as possible. as a pak army point of view i think they will make full inquairy because they will not believe what the indian intaligence have reportrd to Indian media

ninja85

i hope that he's head is still attached to his body and he is alive.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakistan captures BSF jawan swept away in Chenab river

Officials said the trooper, identified as Satyasheel Yadav of the water wing of the border guarding force, was out on a patrol with three other personnel in the Paragwal-Khour sub-sector of general area Akhnoor along the Line of Control when the boat they were travelling in developed a problem.

They said that when the patrol squad was negotiating a narrow bend in the river in this sector, the engine of the motorboat failed.

A rescue boat later sent to fetch the BSF men was taken by three personnel but Yadav got drifted in the strong current as the rope holding him snapped and he subsequently landed 400 metres away in the Sialkot sector of Pakistan where he was picked up the Rangers, they said.

A Rangers official confirmed the capture as he told PTI that a BSF personnel had entered Bajwaat sector, about 150 kms from Lahore.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...away-in-Chenab-river/articleshow/39764016.cms
The latest.

Last edited:

Neo

Personaly i wish the captured soilder should be handover to India as soon as possible. as a pak army point of view i think they will make full inquairy because they will not believe what the indian intaligence have reportrd to Indian media
A couple of years ago an IA chopper violated Pak airspace and was forced to land in Pakistan. We returned the equipment and crew but for what good? Did the barking stop, did they release any prisoners alive as a goodwill gesture? I remember we recieved a bodybag with a Pakistani prisoner in return.

They have killed and wounded Pak soldiers and civilians in same sactor. This prisoner should not be handed over.
Keep him as a bargain chip for later. Make sure his stay becomes 'memorable'.

What do you think they would do if one of ours got caught by accident?

bose

Country flag
A couple of years ago an IA chopper violated Pak airspace and was forced to land in Pakistan. We returned the equipment and crew but for what good? Did the barking stop, did they release any prisoners alive as a goodwill gesture? I remember we recieved a bodybag with a Pakistani prisoner in return.
The copper reported issues that made it to land in Pakistan... So what can you do ? There is no goodwill gesture here... what else can you do ?

Have you forgotten how you murdered Srabjit Singh ?

They have killed and wounded Pak soldiers and civilians in same sactor. This prisoner should not be handed over.
The only problem here is India knows very well that Pakistan do not have balls... Pakistan knows what is in store for it if she tries to play sily games... The response will be embarrassing for Pakistan...

return them...

Neo

The copper reported issues that made it to land in Pakistan... So what can you do ? There is no goodwill gesture here... what else can you do ?

Have you forgotten how you murdered Srabjit Singh ?

The only problem here is India knows very well that Pakistan do not have balls... Pakistan knows what is in store for it if she tries to play sily games... The response will be embarrassing for Pakistan...

return them...
Yeah right. Remember the PAF Atlantic? How did you deal with it?

sydsnyper

Country flag
How how pathetic and outrightly banal.... you keep affirming our faith in pakis lying and cheating to win at all costs.

Let me 'try' to refresh your memory of Captain Saurabh Kalia and his patrol..... the Pakistan army had tortured them by burning their bodies with cigarettes, piercing ear-drums with hot rods, puncturing eyes before removing them, breaking most of the teeth and bones, fractures of the skull, cutting the lips, chipping of nose, chopping off limbs and private organs of these soldiers besides inflicting all sorts of physical and mental tortures and finally shooting them dead.

and in return, we treated the wounded paki coward soldiers whom their even more cowardly leaders never accepted as pakis, we gave proper burials to the enemy when you wouldn't accept your involvement in the war..... and later when you did accept them as your own, we handed your dead back to you.....

..... and you still wonder why most people in this forum take digs at you so relentlessly. You are lucky that there are some members in this forum dont.

Neo

Cut the I am holier than thou crap!

Read this, it's from an.Indian source:

Dear Barkha Dutt: The Buck Stops Where?
Posted by Shuddhabrata Sengupta
On the of latest edition, (telecast a few hours ago, on the evening of the 15th of January, 2013) of 'The Buck Stops Here', (a flagship news show on NDTV anchored by Barkha Dutt) – 'India-Pakistan:Another Tipping Point', Admiral (Retd.) Ramdas, former chief of the Indian Navy said he knew that Indian forces have beheaded Pakistani soldiers in the past. Gen. (Retd.) V.P. Malik, former chief of the Indian Army contradicted him, and said this had never happened. Barkha Dutt was silent on this matter.

Below is a summary of some highlights of the discussion.

Around 21:15 minutes into the programme, Admiral Ramdas says, "Beheading of Troops has been going on from both sides has been for some time, I mean there is evidence of this"¦"

Barkha Dutt, eager to change the subject, nervously interjects and says 'I want you to comment, Sir, on Sporting and Cultural ties, because that is what has been hit today"¦'. Why is she so anxious to change the subject? Is it because Admiral Ramdas is clearly speaking about something she personally does not want spoken about?

Then, a little later, Ms. Dutt asks Gen. Malik to speak, she also asks him to talk whether 'Sporting and Cultural Ties should become the fall-guy'.

Gen. V.P. Malik says (around 24:40 minutes into the program), ""¦And I don't agree with Admiral (Ram) Das that both sides have been doing this, I would like to see anybody give me one instance where this kind of inhuman act has been done by the Indian army"¦ I know that with great respect, we not only buried their bodies with great respect"¦we returned any body that they asked for."

Barkha Dutt knows what Admiral Ramdas was talking about. As has been pointed out before on Kafila, she has written about it (the decapitation of Pakistani soldiers by the Indian army during the Kargil conflict in the summer of 1999) herself in Himal magazine (June, 2001).

I had to look three times to make sure I was seeing right. Balanced on one knee, in a tiny alley behind the army's administrative offices, I was peering through a hole in a corrugated tin sheet. At first glance, all I could see were some leaves. I looked harder and amidst all the green, there was a hint of black—it looked like a moustache. "Look again," said the army colonel, in a tone that betrayed suppressed excitement. This time, I finally saw.

It was a head, the disembodied face of a slain soldier nailed onto a tree. "The boys got it as a gift for the brigade," said the colonel, softly, but proudly. [Himal]

So that is an instance where 'this kind of inhuman act' did happen. So why did she not say so to Gen. Malik. She is not 'anybody', she was there, and this is an issue that is being discussed on a show that she is anchoring. How long can it be before she gets called out for the gross irresponsibility of her reticence on this very crucial matter. Was she lying in 2001, or, is she concealing the truth now?

But the buck, doesn't stop here.

Then, a BJP Politician and spokesman for his party, Ravi Shankar Prasad is asked by Barkha Dutt about the NDA's record on India-Pakistan relations. She mentions Vajpayee as the architect of the India Pakistan Peace Process , Kargil, Parliament Attack, Hijacking of IC 814, Historic Ceasefire of 2003 etc.

Ravi Shankar Prasad begins, not by immediately addressing Barkha Dutt's question, but by contradicting Admiral Ramdas. Around 26:39 minutes into the program, Ravi Shankar Prasad says – ""¦Mr. Ramdas has been a distinguished Naval chief, but for him to make a comment that even Indian forces have been beheading, I am happy Gen. Malik contradicted him very conclusively, Admiral Ramdas you need to understand that Pakistani people will lap up your comment, and seek to condemn Indian army in no uncertain terms, I am seeing that happening, for heavens sake don't make these sweeping comments."

"Don't call on Heaven, Mr. Prasad" (Admiral Ramdas says, attempting to interject) but Barkha Dutt doesn't let him speak. Once again, she does not contradict, question or challenge Ravi Shankar Prasad. Her evasion in this matter, at this point, when it has popped up on her program for the third time now, is a truly sweeping statement.

Then, Barkha Dutt moves on to Congress spokesman, Avishek Manu Singhvi, and other matters, and other panelists, Ashutosh Varshney and Leela Ponnappa, the question that Admiral Ramdas raised is forgotten, but it lingers, silent, and sullen, like the ghost of a beheaded soldier in the studio.

At the end of the programme, Shahvar Ali Khan, a musician from Lahore, Pakistan says "All the peace loving people of Pakistan are with the grief of the people of India." He hopes that the present situation will not affect cultural and social ties.

Ravi Shankar Prasad says that he loves Pakistani Ghazal songs, but says artists, sportsmen and people who want peace are "fringe players".

Then, Barkha Dutt asks Admiral Ramdas for a comment. He says, "If for so many years things have gone wrong, the fault lies not with sportsmen and artists, why punish them for what why have not done?"

Who makes the constituency of peace a fringe, and who makes the dogs of war, the people Shahvar Ali Khan calls the 'hate-mongers', on either side of the LOC, occupy the centre-stage, again and again?

If an important television journalist like Barkha Dutt talks about the fact that both armies have committed acts of savagery, which, I repeat, she says she knows, because she has said that she has seen this with her own eyes, it will weaken the dogs of war. This admission, coming from a public figure like her, will make it more difficult for the war-party on either side of the LOC to point their fingers only at people across the border.

Nothing can strengthen the constituency of peace more at this crucial juncture, than a little honest and public introspection, on both sides. Let us hope that will occur. Barkha Dutt can set the ball rolling, if she chooses to. The buck, starts with her.

Dear Barkha Dutt: The Buck Stops Where? | Kafila

bose

Country flag
As far as I know, the plane got into the Indian airspace and it tried to move back into Pakistani airspace inspite of instruction to follow by the intersecting fighter planes, hence it was shoot down. There was also a case when a Indian civilian airliner was shot down by PAF in 1965...

sydsnyper

Country flag
Now I am better off learning that at least some pakis may have had the same treatment meted to them like they did to soldiers here, in spite of how inhuman it sounds. Do you think all of the men up there would be able to maintain the resilience learning of what you did do Indian POWs. Your paki soldiers are lucky we stopped at that.

The admiral who quoted about both sides engaging in the lop-a-head business may have only heard it in hearsay, which is indicated by him saying of having heard in reports. It is not a first hand report, but even if there has been a remote chance of retaliatory killings by some in the IA, your bigoted ragtag army deserves it.

I am still puzzled though when you so extensively quote indian media because it suits your needs, when not more than a few days ago you called them gas bags on a report on the nuclear bheek you received from china.....

And even more importantly, the lies and deceit, which forms the basis of paki morals continue. Instead of accepting the fact that your army engineered kargil and committed the first war crime, you immediately googled for India's reaction and posted it here to divert the question.

Cut the I am holier than thou crap!

Read this, it's from an.Indian source:

Dear Barkha Dutt: The Buck Stops Where?
Posted by Shuddhabrata Sengupta
On the of latest edition, (telecast a few hours ago, on the evening of the 15th of January, 2013) of 'The Buck Stops Here', (a flagship news show on NDTV anchored by Barkha Dutt) – 'India-Pakistan:Another Tipping Point', Admiral (Retd.) Ramdas, former chief of the Indian Navy said he knew that Indian forces have beheaded Pakistani soldiers in the past. Gen. (Retd.) V.P. Malik, former chief of the Indian Army contradicted him, and said this had never happened. Barkha Dutt was silent on this matter.

Below is a summary of some highlights of the discussion.

Around 21:15 minutes into the programme, Admiral Ramdas says, "Beheading of Troops has been going on from both sides has been for some time, I mean there is evidence of this"¦"

Barkha Dutt, eager to change the subject, nervously interjects and says 'I want you to comment, Sir, on Sporting and Cultural ties, because that is what has been hit today"¦'. Why is she so anxious to change the subject? Is it because Admiral Ramdas is clearly speaking about something she personally does not want spoken about?

Then, a little later, Ms. Dutt asks Gen. Malik to speak, she also asks him to talk whether 'Sporting and Cultural Ties should become the fall-guy'.

Gen. V.P. Malik says (around 24:40 minutes into the program), ""¦And I don't agree with Admiral (Ram) Das that both sides have been doing this, I would like to see anybody give me one instance where this kind of inhuman act has been done by the Indian army"¦ I know that with great respect, we not only buried their bodies with great respect"¦we returned any body that they asked for."

Barkha Dutt knows what Admiral Ramdas was talking about. As has been pointed out before on Kafila, she has written about it (the decapitation of Pakistani soldiers by the Indian army during the Kargil conflict in the summer of 1999) herself in Himal magazine (June, 2001).

I had to look three times to make sure I was seeing right. Balanced on one knee, in a tiny alley behind the army's administrative offices, I was peering through a hole in a corrugated tin sheet. At first glance, all I could see were some leaves. I looked harder and amidst all the green, there was a hint of black—it looked like a moustache. "Look again," said the army colonel, in a tone that betrayed suppressed excitement. This time, I finally saw.

It was a head, the disembodied face of a slain soldier nailed onto a tree. "The boys got it as a gift for the brigade," said the colonel, softly, but proudly. [Himal]

So that is an instance where 'this kind of inhuman act' did happen. So why did she not say so to Gen. Malik. She is not 'anybody', she was there, and this is an issue that is being discussed on a show that she is anchoring. How long can it be before she gets called out for the gross irresponsibility of her reticence on this very crucial matter. Was she lying in 2001, or, is she concealing the truth now?

But the buck, doesn't stop here.

Then, a BJP Politician and spokesman for his party, Ravi Shankar Prasad is asked by Barkha Dutt about the NDA's record on India-Pakistan relations. She mentions Vajpayee as the architect of the India Pakistan Peace Process , Kargil, Parliament Attack, Hijacking of IC 814, Historic Ceasefire of 2003 etc.

Ravi Shankar Prasad begins, not by immediately addressing Barkha Dutt's question, but by contradicting Admiral Ramdas. Around 26:39 minutes into the program, Ravi Shankar Prasad says – ""¦Mr. Ramdas has been a distinguished Naval chief, but for him to make a comment that even Indian forces have been beheading, I am happy Gen. Malik contradicted him very conclusively, Admiral Ramdas you need to understand that Pakistani people will lap up your comment, and seek to condemn Indian army in no uncertain terms, I am seeing that happening, for heavens sake don't make these sweeping comments."

"Don't call on Heaven, Mr. Prasad" (Admiral Ramdas says, attempting to interject) but Barkha Dutt doesn't let him speak. Once again, she does not contradict, question or challenge Ravi Shankar Prasad. Her evasion in this matter, at this point, when it has popped up on her program for the third time now, is a truly sweeping statement.

Then, Barkha Dutt moves on to Congress spokesman, Avishek Manu Singhvi, and other matters, and other panelists, Ashutosh Varshney and Leela Ponnappa, the question that Admiral Ramdas raised is forgotten, but it lingers, silent, and sullen, like the ghost of a beheaded soldier in the studio.

At the end of the programme, Shahvar Ali Khan, a musician from Lahore, Pakistan says "All the peace loving people of Pakistan are with the grief of the people of India." He hopes that the present situation will not affect cultural and social ties.

Ravi Shankar Prasad says that he loves Pakistani Ghazal songs, but says artists, sportsmen and people who want peace are "fringe players".

Then, Barkha Dutt asks Admiral Ramdas for a comment. He says, "If for so many years things have gone wrong, the fault lies not with sportsmen and artists, why punish them for what why have not done?"

Who makes the constituency of peace a fringe, and who makes the dogs of war, the people Shahvar Ali Khan calls the 'hate-mongers', on either side of the LOC, occupy the centre-stage, again and again?

If an important television journalist like Barkha Dutt talks about the fact that both armies have committed acts of savagery, which, I repeat, she says she knows, because she has said that she has seen this with her own eyes, it will weaken the dogs of war. This admission, coming from a public figure like her, will make it more difficult for the war-party on either side of the LOC to point their fingers only at people across the border.

Nothing can strengthen the constituency of peace more at this crucial juncture, than a little honest and public introspection, on both sides. Let us hope that will occur. Barkha Dutt can set the ball rolling, if she chooses to. The buck, starts with her.

Dear Barkha Dutt: The Buck Stops Where? | Kafila

hitesh

What Happened to his service rifle ? will they return it with the solder . Pakistan would be very happy of catching Indian solder from the river because all they used to catch from the river is IA solders pottty .

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
New Delhi, Aug 7 (PTI) Pakistani authorities today assured their BSF counterparts that a jawan, who was captured in their territory after being swept away by a strong current of the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir, will be handed back tomorrow.
fullstory

ladder

Country flag

Tell your relatives who you claim are posted in frontier areas to do that.

They are aware of ground realities than you are.

Try what you are suggesting, you will get your answer why rangers think it's a bad idea to do it.

ladder

Country flag
You should have thought about it when you used MANPAD to bring our MIg-21 down, which was fired from Indian peak by your regular army who had infiltrated and violated the same LOC we are talking about here. A very legal thing to do, Isn't it?

Blackwater

What Happened to his service rifle ? will they return it with the solder . Pakistan would be very happy of catching Indian solder from the river because all they used to catch from the river is IA solders pottty .
In this case insas . Better pakis keep that piece of crap

Blackwater

Last I have heard ISI is interrogating that BSF personal . He must have revealed troops location and plan

Global Defence

New threads

Articles