Indian Automotive Sector

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Upcoming car in Tata Lineup

1. Curvv EV and ICE variant.
2. Altroz EV
3. Harrier Petrol
4. Safari Petrol

This is the only lineup where we have some info. Other than that, Avinvya Concept is there but it will take some year to see a production spec model.

Upcoming Mahindra Lineup

1. XUV e400
2. THAR 5 Door

This is only 2 solid model will come in couple of years. Born EV will hit only by 2025 since Mahindra is already screwing up orders.

Upcoming Force Motors Product

1. Gurkha 5 Door

This is another competitor to THAR.

3 Indian PVM with upcoming products.

Reactions: SKC

Kumata

Country flag
View attachment 180058
Buying Hyundai/Maruti cars is anti Indian mindset.
Japanese and Korians have simply made impossible for other auto manufacturers to survive in their market and that's why they are leading in the sector for so long, we need to learn and just don that.
Two, just see how much of money Tamo and Mahindra are investing in R&D. Why dont you see any Suzuki or Hyundai there?
you are posting with an skewed and biased mindset. You completely forget that MSIL was Once a PSU . Hyundai & Maruti both bring global models into india...and they do get the benefit of global R & D being subsidary's of global players.

As a customer when i am paying 30% taxes directly and buying this car off already taxed income paying the bloody taxes again while buying a car ( approx 60 to 70 percent of Ex showroom Price is tax) iindirectly, It is only pertinent that i get best bang of my money.

Let us be fair, both are dictating market b,cause People like their products... in a country of 130 crores.. there will be equal opinions...

Three, Japanese and Korian auto giants not just are still importing a lot of parts, they also force their Indian part suppliers to make jv with their ancillary suppliers from Japan and Koria and also suppress R&D for these local Indian suppliers. Govt has openly spoken against this practise.
Fourth, the squeeze their indian subsidiaries for royalty. Piyush Goyal has openly called this out on multiple times and govt had to limit how much royalty a company can take out because of Suzukis antics.
Fifth, Suzuki did not use to even export one car from India till very recently.
Sixth, just imagine if Mahindra and Tata would have commanded the market share that as of now MSI and Hyundai commands. They would have just dominated the globe market backed by cheap production in India. Alongwith these companies, desi auto ancillary companies would have also ruled the world.

Dont be a dickhead, doing niggle niggle here and there randomly. Dont want to buy, dont buy, but what every Indian needs to do is to take pride in Indian car manufacturers, promote them and create positive environment for them. Already environment had become a lot positive for Tata and Mahindra, but we need to do more.

Govt is doing what it can do, it is also our responsibility to help create sectoral champions especially in auto and electronics because those sectoral champions can only take India forward globally. We need some RIL, some TCS, L&T in our auto and electronics.
No body is against local makers..but onus is on them to come up with competitive products matching customer expectations... Nobody is doing charity.. be it govt, makers or Us junta !!!

AnantS

Country flag
Indian auto manufacturers also import lot of components esp related Electronics. No one is dissing them. But if they really want to up their game - they need to up their service. niggles are pain less if they are easily serviceable. Reoccurring & Unresolvable niggles become pain - be at any Car. Its competition alone which forced Indian manufacturer to pull their socks. Otherwise Mahindra was too happy churning refaced Jeep and Tata Stretched and compressed Indicas. . https://www.cartoq.com/the-many-many-jeep-clones-by-mahindra-stretching-a-legacy/.

As long a person is getting value for money and piece of mind - pickheads are going to chose that vehicle - whatever the flag it carries. Its not consumers responsibility only to show patriotism by buying Indian cars but its Indian manuf patriotic responsibility to honor the faith their customers have shown

Competition does good. You want Auto Manufacturers to not import. Build supply chain here. With Govt focusing on semiconductors - you will see more ancillary auto industries come. Mate where hard earned money comes - a person always tries for safe bets.

I would like indian auto manuf to succeed globally. Nobody has any bias against any car manuf(barring Chinese) - as long as they are cheaper to own and operate and provide safety and value for money.

If Tata and Mahindra are upping their game then its being reflected in the sales chart too... simple. If Indian Manuf show their love for Indians.. Indians do not hesitate to return their love back. The condition is to respect their love and hard earned money simple.

Last edited:

another_armchair

Country flag
you are posting with an skewed and biased mindset. You completely forget that MSIL was Once a PSU . Hyundai & Maruti both bring global models into india...and they do get the benefit of global R & D being subsidary's of global players.

As a customer when i am paying 30% taxes directly and buying this car off already taxed income paying the bloody taxes again while buying a car ( approx 60 to 70 percent of Ex showroom Price is tax) iindirectly, It is only pertinent that i get best bang of my money.

Let us be fair, both are dictating market b,cause People like their products... in a country of 130 crores.. there will be equal opinions...

No body is against local makers..but onus is on them to come up with competitive products matching customer expectations... Nobody is doing charity.. be it govt, makers or Us junta !!!
Dude, reason(s) why you chose the Ertiga over XL-6?

Kumata

Country flag
Dude, reason(s) why you chose the Ertiga over XL-6?
Basically both are same platforms.. Biggest reason was XL6 lost the VFM factor with it's pricing .another was practicality offered by ertiga.. Both middle & last row are 60:40 split while u cannot fold the middle captain seats in XL6 ....Featerwise major diff was 16" wheels and Cruise control on variants in my budget...

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
This Week lot of things happened in Indian Automobile Field.

1. Launch of Innova Hycross.
New Toyota Innova Hycross walkaround video | Autocar India

1669451454133.png

2. Indian EV Startup Pravaig launched their first car DEFY.
Pravaig Defy electric SUV launched: price, specs, performance, features and more | Autocar India

1669451524965.png

3. Another Indian Startup Ultraviolette launched their F77 Series Bikes.
Ultraviolette F77 electric bike India launch price Rs 3.80 lakh, booking details, deliveries | Autocar India

Ultraviolette Automotive

1669451627357.png

karn

Country flag
Royal Enfield locking down the entry level tourer bikes in the usa .
Harely first failed in India cause of RE now they are failing in their own home :hehe:
A rare example of an India product outcompeting the competition.

SpeltAsStrength

Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Year20092010201120122013201420152016
Units sold144,371181,395223,602303,926348,338381,108403,079434,582

Land Rover sales

Kumata

Country flag
Year20092010201120122013201420152016
Units sold144,371181,395223,602303,926348,338381,108403,079434,582

Land Rover sales
Driven majorly by china... is the reason they are struggling now as well...

Kumata

Country flag
Anu news on MSIL launching Jimny by Mar 23. I am hearing Q1 23 Launch...

Have put Ertiga booking on hold..let us hope..

SKC

Country flag
Anu news on MSIL launching Jimny by Mar 23. I am hearing Q1 23 Launch...

Have put Ertiga booking on hold..let us hope..
Jimny is not big car. It's a 100hp small off-roader with off-roading capabilities just in the name.
I have sat in one and it's really small and cramped!

Tuco

Country flag
Jimny is not big car. It's a 100hp small off-roader with off-roading capabilities just in the name.
I just saw the review the rear seat is all but useless if you have to carry some luggage.

Reactions: SKC

SKC

Country flag
I just saw the review the rear seat is all but useless if you have to carry some luggage.

I saw it fist time outside India and was super dissapointed!

There is so much talk about it in Indian forums but it is underwhelming product.

Kumata

Country flag
U r right but they are launching it in 7 seater version matching sort of bolero's seating ...sort of off roader....It will be utilitarian for sure .. which is fine for me..

GigaChadBharatiya

Country flag
Its off road capability is much better than so called compact SUVs.
Light weight, short wheel base, four wheel drive, Lockable diffs and gigh/low range settings

Kumata

Country flag
Its off road capability is much better than so called compact SUVs.
Light weight, short wheel base, four wheel drive, Lockable diffs and gigh/low range settings
compact SUV's are nothing but hatchbacks with SUVish stance & bit of Fat tyres... that was my understanding always.

Anyways, I will wait till auto expo to see if they announce a launch date & pricing for jimny else my booking for ertiga is already moved to XL6 in NEXA. It did helped that both are managed by same person so no cancellation charges as well..

Varoon2

Country flag
A little bit of India in global automotive industry

2022 will go down as the year when Indian automotive exports hit new highs. Volkswagens to Mexico, Suzukis to South America and Hyundais to Africa. All these vehicles boarded the massive roll-on, roll-off car ships from various ports in India. Yes, despite domestic waiting lists exceeding several months in some cases, exports are rocking.

But that is not the whole story.

India is manufacturing cars and sheets of metal are being pressed into shape and welded in Haryana, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. But this is not where India is playing its biggest role in the global automotive industry. Away from the loud stamping dyes and welding robots, a ‘near silent revolution’ is taking place in Whitefield (Bengaluru) and Cyberabad (Hyderabad) where the clicks of keyboards dominate. As cars become increasingly driven by software, it is India where that code is being written.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles