Indian Automotive Sector

AIETO

Country flag

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Suzuki will discontinue the Eeco van later this year. It will make way for the next-generation model, rumoured to be launched around August-September 2022. The Eco sold 15 lakhs Vehicles in 12 years since its launch in 2010. And now will be replaced by the Omni. And unlike Eco will come with modern features and the Top variants will be priced Round 9 lakhs. And will have 1 and 1.2 litres petrol along with diesel options as well as the CNG options. This offering will he much comfortable and is aimed at both commercial and passenger segments unlike previous which was less comfortables. And it's based on the 11th Generation Carry every available Internationallys. And launched in 2013 with this model launched in 2014 and updated in 2021.

View attachment 157885
This Carry is shared with multiple Japanese car makers and falls under the Kei-Car classification in Japan.

The first generation of this car was having only 45HP and came with 4WD. Highly unlikely this car will make it to Indian market.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars waha saaf saaf lkha hai 1.0 and 1.2 liters engine ke sath. This is 2021 model change and no 4WD for Indian versions.

Ya'll Nibbiars The Toyot bringing Two new Vehicles The Veloz MPV and The HyRyder SUV that will rivals the Cretas.

View attachment 158095
You cant fit 1.2 in that Kei car. Eeco already came with the 1 and 1.2 ltr engine.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Toyot bringing Two new Vehicles The Veloz MPV and The HyRyder SUV that will rivals the Cretas.

20220525125540_Collage.jpg

This Carry is shared with multiple Japanese car makers and falls under the Kei-Car classification in Japan.

The first generation of this car was having only 45HP and came with 4WD. Highly unlikely this car will make it to Indian market.

Ya'll Nibbiars waha saaf saaf lkha hai 1.0 and 1.2 liters engine ke sath. This is 2021 model change and no 4WD for Indian versions.

You cant fit 1.2 in that Kei car. Eeco already came with the 1 and 1.2 ltr engine.
Ya'll Nibbiars you can the Phillipines version is available with a 1.0 and 1.2 litres engines. The Mega carry basically the same vreieon but with 1.5 litres engines.

Last edited:

AIETO

Country flag

Every comes with a 0.65 1.0, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5 litter engine. It has many varients Kie, International, ASEAN and Mega varients extremely versatile vehicle.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The state of the Volkswagen Indias.

images - 2022-06-02T191039.338.jpeg

School teacher

When we are hearing about some fire incidents in two wheelers with lithium ion batteries during summer season , this is a good news. IIT madras has developed zinc air battery .

compared to Lithium-ion batteries, the Zinc-air batteries are more environmentally friendly, costs less, provide similar mileage as Li-ion batteries, are easier to manufacture and maintain and can easily be mass-produced in India, given how the country has abundant resources of Zinc. And it cnt catch fire .

But its only for two wheelers and may be 3 wheelers . Not for cars .

SKC

Country flag
When we are hearing about some fire incidents in two wheelers with lithium ion batteries during summer season , this is a good news. IIT madras has developed zinc air battery .

compared to Lithium-ion batteries, the Zinc-air batteries are more environmentally friendly, costs less, provide similar mileage as Li-ion batteries, are easier to manufacture and maintain and can easily be mass-produced in India, given how the country has abundant resources of Zinc. And it cnt catch fire .

But its only for two wheelers and may be 3 wheelers . Not for cars .

Whatever happened to the fabled Solid State batteries which going to cure all problems with batteries?

School teacher

Whatever happened to the fabled Solid State batteries which going to cure all problems with batteries?
There was news 1 year back omega seiki and c4v ll make solid state battery in india . Dont know latest .

SKC

Country flag
There was news 1 year back omega seiki and c4v ll make solid state battery in india . Dont know latest .
Seems like Solid state batteries (SSB) development got suppressed by the Li ion battery market. Every where around world no new news of SSB anymore.

gslv markIII

Country flag
Kerela and TN seem have far more professional truck body builders
It's demand- driven actually. The owners have started demanding better truck bodies with better built quality & design.

242175610_1294004824367071_6584396384929858715_n.jpg

235145224_1710940239295380_6556251414358064730_n.jpg

242552084_114794377611800_497285032716589478_n.jpg

I have seen the built-quality & designs of small scale manufacturers improve significantly in Kerala. For example, this is "OEM- manufactured" looking school bus was actually built by a small body builder in Kerala.

133884448_204426034745385_4997094738147954786_n.jpg

Even small boat- builders have improved so much.

IMG-20210107-WA0002.jpg
0 (4).jpg

nonsense you see coming out of UP and Punjab which add trinkets and chrome as features
I don't understand the situation in Punjab.It's a prosperous state & a large number of Punjabis work in rhe North American trucking industry. Yet I don't see Punjabi truckers adopt anything close to North American standards in trucking.

images (8).jpeg

No folks, that Gill truck body isn't what India should be having on its roads in 2022.

abingdonboy

Country flag
It's demand- driven actually. The owners have started demanding better truck bodies with better built quality & design.

View attachment 158889
View attachment 158890
View attachment 158891

I have seen the built-quality & designs of small scale manufacturers improve significantly in Kerala. For example, this is "OEM- manufactured" looking school bus was actually built by a small body builder in Kerala.

View attachment 158895

Even small boat- builders have improved so much.

View attachment 158896View attachment 158898

I don't understand the situation in Punjab.It's a prosperous state & a large number of Punjabis work in rhe North American trucking industry. Yet I don't see Punjabi truckers adopt anything close to North American standards in trucking.

View attachment 158897

No folks, that Gill truck body isn't what India should be having on its roads in 2022.
In terms of Punjab I think the trucks reflect that the truckers generally sleep in the cabs and do longer routes, a lot of the Kerela good builds seem to be from larger corporate operators. Also Punjabis have a pretty extreme case of bling obsession

I believe there’s a new truck code coming in that will basically eliminate those kind of DIY cab building (I still expect Punjabi builders to customise them atrociously though)

gslv markIII

Country flag
I believe there’s a new truck code coming in that will basically eliminate those kind of DIY cab building (I still expect Punjabi builders to customise them atrociously though)
OEM cabs of Tata/AL/BharatBenz/Eicher/ Mahindra come with decent night cabins these days, better than any cab built by these body builders.

Already the bhp figures & emission control technologies have seen a significant improvement post BS6 implementation, better amenities for the drivers is the next big thing that would change the Indian trucking industry.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
In terms of Punjab I think the trucks reflect that the truckers generally sleep in the cabs and do longer routes, a lot of the Kerela good builds seem to be from larger corporate operators. Also Punjabis have a pretty extreme case of bling obsession

You look at what's being transporterd to judge their build.
The fancy stuff you are talking about won't hold well in transporting heavy goods like cement, food grains, glass etc.
Most pubiabi truck carry sacks of food grain and textile raw material.
Besides people don't have any money left after paying bribes on roads, why put extra pressure on pockets for some shiny paint.

T. Fufa ji gas transportation business.

abingdonboy

Country flag
OEM cabs of Tata/AL/BharatBenz/Eicher/ Mahindra come with decent night cabins these days, better than any cab built by these body builders.

Already the bhp figures & emission control technologies have seen a significant improvement post BS6 implementation, better amenities for the drivers is the next big thing that would change the Indian trucking industry.
With logistics getting huge investment from PLI and FDI expansion in recent years along with boom in E-commerce the standards of this sector are going to go up hugely in the near term as well as the fact that roadside amenities and roads are improving so much. It won’t be such a dirty backwards job soon. Corporate culture will force professionalisation

abingdonboy

Country flag
You look at what's being transporterd ti judge their build.
The fancy stuff you are talking about won't hold well in transporting heavy goods like cement, food grains, glass etc.
Most pubiabi truck carry sacks of food grain and textile raw material.
Besides people don't have any money left after paying bribes on roads, why put extra pressure on pockets for some shiny paint.

T. Fufa ji gas transportation business.
I don’t even think it’s as simple as that

1) most of those Punjabi builds come in at a similar price to OEM products when finished
2) with proper practices all such loads can be transported in modern looking trucks- just see how it’s done in Europe and the US.

Punjabi culture is just its own thing and will
Need to grow up

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Transporting cement is rough stuff, the dust sticks to the paint and damage it. Same goes for food grain.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles