Indian Automotive Sector

Kumata

Country flag
It's only a disposable accessory, not a permanent fixture!
right but when doing these shoots.. they better keep it clean... TBH, I am disappointed with CL,s for the good up they did on Java..hope they better take this thing work first time...

Kumata

Country flag
Any clues on tank range & size for adventure...??

And Weight... thats important..

SKC

Country flag
Not the Roadking. It might come in the future.

Frankly disappointed in the new launches, except the Scrambler.

The Adventure is like a carbon copy of the Himalayan.
Indeed the Adventure is panel to panel INSPIRED by Himalayan.

SKC

Country flag
Is not that Mojo engine... derivative and that box on exhaust of adventure is coming in the way .... basics!!!!!!!!!
These are having the Perak 334 cc engine.
They are trying to do what RE has been doing since decades: 1 Engine multiple Bikes. Milking same engine for every product.

captscooby81

Country flag
This one is absolute beauty , pinnacle of classic motorcycle revived in 21st century . They got the design bang on to old BSA DB-34 and also worked with Rotox for engine . Rotox has in the past made single cylinder engines for BMW bikes so +1 point on that move . Design good , Engine on paper looks good . Power decent on Goldstar they also have option to tune it for different power levels from 46 bhp to 80 bhp . they already produced decent amount of bikes in india and now planning to open up plan in UK to sell to the world .

Here comes the big bummer . BSA launch in india is big question mark considering TI Group which sells bicycles own BSA brand so Mahindra and CL is clueless how to overcome this issue , Also i found little bit of arrogance in their thinking we will serve the world first and then finally bring in to poor indian's as they are not yet ready for premium classic bikes .

where as RE did complete opposite by launching 650 twins her first and then took them to world and now tasting success . MCL is screwing it again they have good potential to launch this and take chunk of sales from even Triumph and with Harley gone out of market they can target that segment to with BSA

they can simply agree for royalty payment deal with TI and pay some xyz amount per bike for stamping their brand name .

This bike is my current wallpaper too i am in absolute love just want to pick it but then these guys are saying its not available for you brown skin fella .

Mahindra plans to bring the British brand BSA motorcycles to India and export bike to UK as well. Production to commence Jan22.

captscooby81

Country flag
Went today to check the Yi Scrambler today . Bike looks really good . here is my assessment or musings

1. Design they got 85 % right . 15 % where they screwed is on the rear side of the bike the seat angle is so bad if you break hard your pillion will be sitting on top of your shoulder which is as good as sports bike type seating comfort . They also screwed on the rear fender part it looks hollow from rear end they could have extended the fender down slightly . (they tried best to make baby Triumph bonnie scrambler jugalbandi from paint job to design you can see that )

2.Accessibility the footrest is giving vibe of RE 650 twins its neither forward neither backward and right in middle and hitting inner part of your legs when you trying to flat foot it on the signal it will be nuisance .Also seat is very hard even with those split line design. Edit : missed the most irritating part this one doesn't come with tubeless tyres:doh: seriously fucking you want me to be stranded on middle of nowhere at night time if i have flat tyre :frusty:.

3. They could have given dual instrument cluster rather than one with proper Tachometer for RPM . Also the idea to keep it on side rather on centre looks just lazy copy of Ducati scrambler . come on yezdi stop being so confused be one copy either triumph or ducati not both

4. Took short test ride just 1 km into small street to check turning radius it has big circling requirement .

For height issue i am 5.7 i was able to almost flat foot scrambler but roadster is easy pessy and adventure might be tough apart from using toe tips only . again i went from work wearing my formal shoe which has flat bottom . May be wearing my Vibram travel shoe i can easily flat foot even adventure .

Overall the scrambler has first mover advantage no product in competition until RE brings its scrambler by year end still power output RE with its J series engine can max give you 22 BHP Power . Comparing the next available scrambler is 10 lakhs OTR . Yi scrambler should get some good numbers .

photo6273574410925485597.jpg

photo6273574410925485599.jpg

photo6273574410925485600.jpg

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
saaar can i get his number have some user feedback to share if they are planning to strap BSA engine on yezdi ask him to design simple roadking design no need to make it more stylish . also please pass him the feedback for scrambler they could have given black exhaust option rather than chrome type and also simple single exhaust would have looked more better than fake dual exhaust on the left side it looks really odd placed .

Please tell him to drill some common sense into AT head and ask them to launch BSA as soon as possible

Guess what guys! These Yezdi variants have been designed jointly by my son-in-law at Foley Designs, Bangalore after a lot of discussions with Mahindra and his team, down to the design of the fuel cap!

captscooby81

Country flag
practical right if engine is good why not use it in different models why break the head . Mojo had the best engine which they used for Jawa and now for Yessssdi . Next type of engine they are hinting going to be above 500cc ones .

These are having the Perak 334 cc engine.
They are trying to do what RE has been doing since decades: 1 Engine multiple Bikes. Milking same engine for every product.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Went today to check the Yi Scrambler today . Bike looks really good . here is my assessment or musings

1. Design they got 85 % right . 15 % where they screwed is on the rear side of the bike the seat angle is so bad if you break hard your pillion will be sitting on top of your shoulder which is as good as sports bike type seating comfort . They also screwed on the rear fender part it looks hollow from rear end they could have extended the fender down slightly . (they tried best to make baby Triumph bonnie scrambler jugalbandi from paint job to design you can see that )

2.Accessibility the footrest is giving vibe of RE 650 twins its neither forward neither backward and right in middle and hitting inner part of your legs when you trying to flat foot it on the signal it will be nuisance .Also seat is very hard even with those split line design. Edit : missed the most irritating part this one doesn't come with tubeless tyres:doh: seriously fucking you want me to be stranded on middle of nowhere at night time if i have flat tyre :frusty:.

3. They could have given dual instrument cluster rather than one with proper Tachometer for RPM . Also the idea to keep it on side rather on centre looks just lazy copy of Ducati scrambler . come on yezdi stop being so confused be one copy either triumph or ducati not both

4. Took short test ride just 1 km into small street to check turning radius it has big circling requirement .

For height issue i am 5.7 i was able to almost flat foot scrambler but roadster is easy pessy and adventure might be tough apart from using toe tips only . again i went from work wearing my formal shoe which has flat bottom . May be wearing my Vibram travel shoe i can easily flat foot even adventure .

Overall the scrambler has first mover advantage no product in competition until RE brings its scrambler by year end still power output RE with its J series engine can max give you 22 BHP Power . Comparing the next available scrambler is 10 lakhs OTR . Yi scrambler should get some good numbers .

View attachment 131915

View attachment 131917

View attachment 131918
Scramblers and true off road bikes usually have spoke wheels as they offer more flexibility in absorbing shocks coming from the ground, and in case a spoke bends due to tension it can be changed while an alloy wheel may break under such situations. Because it has spoke wheels it cannot have tubeless tyres. So what is considered flaw is actually a design feature

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Here comes the big bummer . BSA launch in india is big question mark considering TI Group which sells bicycles own BSA brand so Mahindra and CL is clueless how to overcome this issue , Also i found little bit of arrogance in their thinking we will serve the world first and then finally bring in to poor indian's as they are not yet ready for premium classic bikes .

where as RE did complete opposite by launching 650 twins her first and then took them to world and now tasting success . MCL is screwing it again they have good potential to launch this and take chunk of sales from even Triumph and with Harley gone out of market they can target that segment to with BSA

they can simply agree for royalty payment deal with TI and pay some xyz amount per bike for stamping their brand name .

This bike is my current wallpaper too i am in absolute love just want to pick it but then these guys are saying its not available for you brown skin fella .
RE is an established player in 300.cc cruiser, retro classic segment with its RE standard and classic 350 models. Though RE launched Intercepter, Continental 650 twins first in India, the product is a niche category in our country while its a major segment in developed market such as UK. So it makes sense for a new entrant CL reviving a brand BSA which traditionally is a product for Europe to launch it first there, and generate quick sales. Keeping in mind that BSA is a British brand originally, CL may have decided to launch it there first, even though I would also have loved to see the bike in India

captscooby81

Country flag
What you pointed may be 90 % the reason bigger bikes like Suzuki V Storm or kawasaki Versys features a tubeless tyres in spoked wheels . Yes the pricing i way to different for both these segments but they can given an option for customer to choose between alloy and spoke wheel for scrambler which is not really an offroader bike

Scramblers and true off road bikes usually have spoke wheels as they offer more flexibility in absorbing shocks coming from the ground, and in case a spoke bends due to tension it can be changed while an alloy wheel may break under such situations. Because it has spoke wheels it cannot have tubeless tyres. So what is considered flaw is actually a design feature

SKC

Country flag

Varoon2

Country flag
Did you see what happened yesterday with Hyundai and KIA - Paki divisions?
India should take a very strong position on the statements coming out of Hyundai Pakistan, press Hyundai India to make an unequivocal denunciation of its colleague, and fully affirm India's sovereignty. It would be wonderful if India could force these MNCs to choose between India and Pakistan. After all, the US imposed penalties/threatened to impose, on Indian companies dealing with Libya under Gadaffi. Libya in its worst days didn't cause as much terror and loss of American life, as Pakistan has for India. India is not the US, but some action has to be taken, verbal, protests, demarches, financial penalties, something!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles