Indian Automotive Sector

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
It's hard to break into this market lol with MS's chad 50% market share whatever you do.
Toyota, Ford, Volkswagen breaking bangles and crying with their 1-2% market share, all that MNC paisa but no use.
Ya'll Nibbiara the Toyota never launched their global models which were suitable for the Indian market. Hyundai is digging their end with the price hikes and costly spare parts. Even Renault faced down trends and still struggling. And MG is just a joke running at just 20 percent plant capacity. Tata taken the lesson and doing right. And even Mahindra is about to challenging with the new models.

But still Maruti will retain their 40 percent market even at the loss of 10 percent. But Hyundai is funny globally taking hits by hits in losing market and not gaining anything in India.even when the other manufacturers have increase the sales.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars again Tata Motors will go leaderless after that bharat benz ex CEO said will not come to India. Well as of now the current CEO has extended the conntract for few months but can't extent more.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
I own Creta.
And I actually loves it's overall reliability.
Ya'll Nibbiars yeah but it's costly. Hyundai is hiking the product pricing all across the range.

Haldilal

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars but the true success story here is the Tata motors Finance they have financial companies such as Tata Motors Finance are at the stellar growth in the times to come. It has successfully transformed itself from a vehicle financing company to an ecosystem financing company.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars many would be suprised but the Tata motors and Mahindra has taken lessons from an less likely source AMC. American Motors was forced to constantly innovate for 33 years until Chrysler absorbed it in 1987. Even today, the lessons gained from the American Motors experience continue to provide benefits to other firms in the industry.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars many would be suprised but the Tata motors and Mahindra has taken lessons from an less likely source AMC. American Motors was forced to constantly innovate for 33 years until Chrysler absorbed it in 1987. Even today, the lessons gained from the American Motors experience continue to provide benefits to other firms in the industry.
How big opportunity startup in ev system have , lolike that pravaig motors and some two wheeler startup , except range , we can develop a ecosystem for them easily

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars do you knew?.

That the Tata Motors and the Mahindra's R & D budget is less than half the Suzuki India's profits combined and still about to roll out the Vehicle's. Why?.

1 . The Project Life Management as a strategic.

2 . And with almost no resources, and fighting a vastly superior enemy, they are able to roll out an impressive succession of new products.

3 . These were close-knit cross-functional groups responsible for the whole vehicle, as contrasted with the foreign OEM Vehicles Manufacture's.

4 . The Castaing's strategy are to eliminate the corporate administrative overhead bureaucracy.

5 . Tata entered into the JV with the GS Yusu when they were unable to secure batteries at low cost to cut down the cost.

6 . Were able to secure low cost R & D from the Indian first when the foreign OEM's struggle due to there respective costly R & D cost's.

The mistake of the Hyundai.

1 . They invested heavily in new untested models while not keeping up its profitable high-volume lines.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars remember Hyundai was still able to expand every where was able to secure low interest loans. But now the current generation of leadership at the Hyundai Motors groups is facing an unpercinited of high cost's, high R & D develop cost, high marketing cost, different models for different markets and even same models with different features in the different market which increases the cost's, the ever increasing transportation cost. And also cancelling the vanity project by the Previous President's like the Hyundai Global Centre which actually sinked hundreds of the million of the dollars and may more. And also paying the debts with the interest's. The Genesis project has caused a lot of money sinked in a low profits brand's.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
It's hard to break into this market lol with MS's chad 50% market share whatever you do.
Toyota, Ford, Volkswagen breaking bangles and crying with their 1-2% market share, all that MNC paisa but no use.
Ya'll Nibbiars the cost of spare parts for Maruti and Tata is lowest, even Honda spare parts cost less but Hyundai prices for the spare parts are sky Rocketing. Even jeep spare parts cost less than the Hyundai. What is happening to the HMIL?. Are they just trying to capitalize their 2 nd lead in the market by looting consumer?. Hyundai is taking customer for a ride.
Suzuki's market share needs to be lowered. This type of monopoly isn't good for customers. And they are exploiting this by selling shitty cars with build quality of a Coke can. Their only 2 cars with somewhat decent build quality are Scross and Brezza. The consumers here are not far behind in stupidity. Just want MILEAGE out of the car. That Baleno and WagonR are absolute dabbas. Same with all those entry level cars like Santro. Government should do their own NCAP for cars sold in India. No wonder so many people get killed by accidents.

Haldilal

Country flag
Suzuki's market share needs to be lowered. This type of monopoly isn't good for customers. And they are exploiting this by selling shitty cars with build quality of a Coke can. Their only 2 cars with somewhat decent build quality are Scross and Brezza. The consumers here are not far behind in stupidity. Just want MILEAGE out of the car. That Baleno and WagonR are absolute dabbas. Same with all those entry level cars like Santro. Government should do their own NCAP for cars sold in India. No wonder so many people get killed by accidents.
Ya'll Nibbiars The All New Santro has one of the highest accident rates. And it's always reminds me of the Matiz. The car is just as good as the Spresso.

images - 2021-04-17T013424.633.jpeg

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The All New Santro has one of the highest accident rates. And it's always reminds me of the Matiz. The car is just as good as the Spresso.

View attachment 85604
The Spresso is the cringiest car I have seen. Its marketed as "MINI SUV". Like WTF is that.
I really liked the old Santro Xing. This new one ruined the legacy of that name.

Haldilal

Country flag
The Spresso is the cringiest car I have seen. Its marketed as "MINI SUV". Like WTF is that.
I really liked the old Santro Xing. This new one ruined the legacy of that name.
Ya'll Nibbiars the Spresso even has the tray.
images - 2021-04-17T013749.600.jpeg

And Hyundai is currently is trouble then what can be expected?. Only the upper range like the Verna, I 20 mid to top model and above range has the quality. But the lower range like santro, I 10 Nios has less features and even the venue has less powerful engine and turbo only kicks at higher speed above the 100 Km but I would say not even that.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars all the profits that was collected from you by the Hyundai sinked in the Genesis Brand. And now the current Chairman is trying to cut the cost and that will only leads to a less strong brand's.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars literally own billions of dollars on the Genesis brand and now giving such products to the lower end range's. This is the clear case of the mismanagement.
Ya'll Nibbiars the Spresso even has the tray.
View attachment 85605

And Hyundai is currently is trouble then what can be expected?. Only the upper range like the Verna, I 20 mid to top model and above range has the quality. But the lower range like santro, I 10 Nios has less features and even the venue has less powerful engine and turbo only kicks at higher speed above the 100 Km but I would say not even that.
I20's upper varients and all after them are pretty good. Venue's non turbo petrol is shit. I know a guy who with his family went to a hillstation in his venue. It struggled moving uphill. The turbo kicks @2000 rpm. Lol if it kicked at 100km, no one would buy it. There also another tactic used by these companies on us consumers. Venue's top model is SXO. But it doesn't come in automatic nor does it have those full bluelink features of remote start. But one notch below, there's SX+. It has that DCT automatic gearbox which heats in traffic. U only get those full features in that model only. But u wouldn't get 6 airbags which u would get in SXO. What a cheap ass tactic for selling ur DCT.

Haldilal

Country flag
I20's upper varients and all after them are pretty good. Venue's non turbo petrol is shit. I know a guy who with his family went to a hillstation in his venue. It struggled moving uphill. The turbo kicks @2000 rpm. Lol if it kicked at 100km, no one would buy it. There also another tactic used by these companies on us consumers. Venue's top model is SXO. But it doesn't come in automatic nor does it have those full bluelink features of remote start. But one notch below, there's SX+. It has that DCT automatic gearbox which heats in traffic. U only get those full features in that model only. But u wouldn't get 6 airbags which u would get in SXO. What a cheap ass tactic for selling ur DCT.
Ya'll Nibbiar's peoples wants Safety and power not 800 ke jamane ka modern car. But when the I 20 lower variants was offered with a 1,000 cc engine what a joke. Thats why Suzuki is performing well. As some brands like Hyundai has left the completion's.

Last edited:

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiar's peoples wants Safety and power not 800 ke jamane ka modern car. But when the I 20 lower variants was offered with a 1,000 cc engine what a joke. Thats why Maruti is performing well. As some brands like Hyundai has left the completion's.
Hyundai hasn't left the competition. Atleast for now. It still sits over 14-15% market share which is a lot.
Nowadays people are waking up from that Mileage fetish. Still some people just go in the showroom and ask for the best mileage giver.
Maruti's current lineup has a pretty bad safety record. They also phased out their Diesels. That's gonna hurt them unless they have a new diesel engine.
Their steering also doesn't return to centre after rotating it. There this video I saw in which the dashboard of WagonR when heated in sun, damps like a spring.
Hope more strict safety rules come soon.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
The Maruti vs Hyundai discussion may be taken to ChitChat thread. Where is the Mod when one needs him.

Reactions: SKC

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Honda to make India its 2 wheelers export hub. India has taken a great stride in 2 wheelers manufacturing. The status of India in the area has become so strong that Indian companies are kicking out Chinese companies from Africa. We are on the same path to achieve the same status in 4 wheelers market as well.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles