Indian Automotive Sector

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Saar do you have access to easy charging? If so and use case is in town runabout, then electric is the way to go. Check Ather, TVS iQube while you are at it.
I am still waiting for a good removable battery vehicle so that it can be charged easily at home by senior citizens.
Go with S1, Electric scooter is better than conventional ones, cheaper per km, no pollution certifications, maintence is very less and it is easier to charge during the night, I feel electric is better than petrol/diesel bikes.

I’m also a user of an electrik bike, great experience so far.
How about the Simple one electric scooty?? People are saying its a scam as they changed their specs to match S1s.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Whats your budget?
My RV400 is cheaper than an Ola S1, lol.
Around 1L.
Our Streak is showing its age and maa told to look for a new scooty.
I feel its about 2-3 years too early for an electric vehicle. I haven't seen a single charging station in Bengaluru although I have seen a lot of electric vehicles. Heck even a guy 2 blocks away has the hero electric scooty lol.
Don't give a crap about top speed but has to have sufficient range.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Around 1L.
Our Streak is showing its age and maa told to look for a new scooty.
I feel its about 2-3 years too early for an electric vehicle. I haven't seen a single charging station in Bengaluru although I have seen a lot of electric vehicles. Heck even a guy 2 blocks away has the hero electric scooty lol.
Don't give a crap about top speed but has to have sufficient range.
I don’t think a guy would charge his scooty at an electric station, I charge it at my home but have to carry that 20kg battery to home. Charging it for a night and it’s good to go. Better and convenient than filling petrol.

Thats why the limited adoption is by the ones who own electric 2 wheelers coz you can take batteries home and charge it, but a car battery will obviously be far more heavier hence it needs electric charging stations.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I don’t think a guy would charge his scooty at an electric station, I charge it at my home but have to carry that 20kg battery to home. Charging it for a night and it’s good to go. Better and convenient than filling petrol.

Thats why the limited adoption is by the ones who own electric 2 wheelers coz you can take batteries home and charge it, but a car battery will obviously be far more heavier hence it needs electric charging stations.
Ya'll Nibbiars having electric scooters is becoming head ache for some peoples in the Urban Areas.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
InfraStory (@marinebharat) Tweeted:
Do you know London’s iconic double decker bus is supplied by Indian company Ashok Leyland

SWITCH MetroDecker

⚡ Length - 11 meter
⚡ Engine - 250 KW
⚡ Battery - 300 KwH
⚡ Capacity - 84 passengers
⚡ Range - 150 km

Hope to see these buses on Indian streets

Pic Source: Switch https://t.co/Ke6Dgm86Za

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Looks like Ola scooters are going to have a rough start.
=============
Ola S1 Pro review - Does the Ola electric scooter live up to the hype? | First Ride | Autocar India

Looks nice but if they are targeting the entire country, then they better do something about the battery issues. It would be a hard sell to people in our mountain states, especially since we have a lot of uphill climb requiring raw power. Also, our winters are far more punishing than Bengaluru's year-round perfect weather, meaning Li-Ion batteries will drain off faster (hint: we get a lot of snowfall).

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Tomorrow Mahindra is all set to launch three Varients based on the YEZDI Roadking 350.

images - 2022-01-13T091453.658.jpeg

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Tomorrow Mahindra is all set to launch three Varients based on the YEZDI Roadking 350.

View attachment 131448
Guess what guys! These Yezdi variants have been designed jointly by my son-in-law at Foley Designs, Bangalore after a lot of discussions with Mahindra and his team, down to the design of the fuel cap!

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Guess what guys! These Yezdi variants have been designed jointly by my son-in-law at Foley Designs, Bangalore after a lot of discussions with Mahindra and his team, down to the design of the fuel cap!
Nice to see Indians also foraying into Vehicle design congratulate your son In law in behalf of all us DFIans I'm sure it's a big day for him.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Nice to see Indians also foraying into Vehicle design congratulate your son In law in behalf of all us DFIans I'm sure it's a big day for him.
Thanx bro! Apart from this, his company has designed over 6500 projects from all Himalaya product designs to the world's slimmest watch - Titan Edge - to designing malls in Bangalore! He had also designed the high-tech Commonwealth Games Queen's baton which costs over Rs 1 crore and Formula 1 trophies too!! And then the complete livery designs for IPL's Royal Challengers, Bangalore. His company has over 225 clients including many from abroad.

Here's some of the stuff his company has designed....

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
One hundred thousand made-in-India Renault vehicles exported from India.

Maruti beats that! More than 2.05 lakh cars sold to 100 countries in 2021, a record! This in spite of the semiconductor shortage. And over 2 million Maruti cars exported since 1986!!

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Scrambler!

The scrambler produces 29.1PS at 8000rpm of peak power & peak torque of 28.2Nm at 6750rpm. It comes with three switchable modes – Road, Rain & Off-road.

View attachment 131691
The Roadster is pretty solid looking too!
Ya'll Nibbiars outlaw Olive or Mean Green?.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles