Indian Army's 'Future Soldier Program' will make our soldiers the most feared on the planet

Kshatriya87

Country flag
http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...r-soldiers-the-most-feared-on-the-planet-1566

Hate it or love it, wars are a reality and the army with the best soldiers prevails. While the American, Russian and Israeli soldier battle-gears are known around the world as the most advanced, the Indian Army’s two-phase ‘Future Soldier’ program, earlier known as F-INSAS (Future Infantry Soldier As A System), will make our soldiers the most fiercely equipped soldiers on the planet.

The ‘Future Soldier’ program is divided into two components – the first one being ‘Arming the modern infantry soldier’. Under this, our ‘special forces’ commandos will be loaded with the world’s best under-barrel grenade launcher assault rifles, carbines and hand grenades. They will be protected with equipment such as non-flammable, waterproofed, hard ballistic protected and bulletproof helmets, visors and vests. The new attire will enable commandos to carry extra loads and resist the impact of nuclear, radiological, chemical and biological warfare. The uniforms will also be fitted with external and internal oxygen supply, fire-proof knee and elbow pads and hand gloves and laser eye protection goggles.

The second component is something straight out of a Hollywood movie. Our commandos will be equipped with Palmtop GPS navigation devices, world’s most advanced satellite phones, Integrated Multifunction Sight Device Night Vision Equipment, Thermal Imager, Laser Range-Finder, Colour Charge-Coupled-Device (CCD) Camera, Digital Magnetic Compass, Integrated Electro-Optical Surveillance and Fire Control Systems and advanced GPS receivers. The list of sensors our boys will be carrying is just mind blowing – infrared sensors, thermal sensors, electro optical sensors, spectroscopic sensors, electromagnetic and radio frequency sensors. What’s even better is that this entire kickass technology is weatherproof and all-terrain tested.

The program strongly relies on indigenous DRDO-led development of this technology with massive support from Israel.

Once equipped with tech and advanced weaponry, Indian special forces will be able to operate in virtually any and every sort of battle scenario.

bhai-117

Though I don't wanna be a killjoy I think that news is a little old.And besides I think other developed nations
are already ahead of us.

For now we dont need FINSAS, let's just give our jawans proper gloves and boots and helmets.

And to comment on the pics, I think they could use a better type of tactical glove, something you don't need to
take off.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Though I don't wanna be a killjoy I think that news is a little old.And besides I think other developed nations
are already ahead of us.

For now we dont need FINSAS, let's just give our jawans proper gloves and boots and helmets.

And to comment on the pics, I think they could use a better type of tactical glove, something you don't need to
take off.
me too! i mean i dont wanna be a killjoy either

it's not only our soldiers who needed the extra gear , even though they were under-equipped , they were 4 days away from capturing all of Giligit - Bstan, but home departments said " NO " !

they were again under -equipped when liberating B-desh but even so , they captured 90,000 packland pow's - a world record which even the western world didnt achieve and dare not talk about

but what happened, home dept short-changed the values of it and gave them back to packy without extracting value and jawan's effort downplayed

yes the jawans deserve better equipment and if Modi-ji is giving it to them , then well done ....just bear in mind too that home dept needs to do its home-work too !, that is to say , they too need to be better equipped - mentally !

thankfully it seems to be getting better now that Modi-ji is around

@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @asianobserve @BATTLE FIELD@bose @Bornubus @brational@blueblood@Blackwater@Blood+
@Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy@Cadian @DingDong@ersakthivel @FRYCRY @guru-dutt@Hari Sud@hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince@Kunal @Kshatriya87 Biswas@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha @mhk99 @maomao @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy@Razor@Rashna @[email protected] @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg@sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @TejasMK3@The enlightened @bhai-117 @tejas warrior@tharun@thethinker @tsunami@Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
This kind of hyperbole is better avoided

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...r-soldiers-the-most-feared-on-the-planet-1566

The program strongly relies on indigenous DRDO-led development of this technology with massive support from Israel.

:biggrin2::biggrin2::rofl::rofl::rofl::biggrin2::biggrin2::lawl:

Once equipped with tech and advanced weaponry, Indian special forces will be able to operate in virtually any and every sort of battle scenario.
I thought this was faking news article. Anyway F-INSAS has been terminated. So this article is out of sync with the Bharatiya authorities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-INSAS

Program termination[edit]
In January 2015, it was reported that Indian army has terminated the F-INSAS program. Indian Army has decided to break up the Future Soldier Program into two parts. The new program will have two components: one arming the modern infantry soldier with the best available assault rifle, carbines and personal equipment such as the helmet and bulletproof vests and the second component is the Battlefield Management Systems (BMS).The assault weapon field trials were already going on: there are four kinds, Beretta ARX-160 (Italy), Colt CM-901 (USA), CZ-805 Bren (Czech) and Galil ACE (Israel). The Tavor -21 was never actaually part of the assault rifle trials as reported because the Indian Army felt that they should induct a standard rifle design and not a bullpup rifle. However it has already been chosen for Indian Special Forces. In June 2015, the Army have sent a letter to the suppliers that the carbine contract has been retracted Vice Chief of Army staff, Lt General Philip Campose, has said "There is no F-INSAS program any more".[13]

WolfPack86

Country flag
http://**********/attachments/img_20151113_095034-jpg.271514/ http://**********/attachments/img_20151113_095238-jpg.271518/
At least our para commandos are well equipped latest guns and night vision devices. But infantry units are ill equipped.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Lol media nonsense, bullet proof jacket is nothing against rifles. Correct term is played carrier with plates inside stopping bullets.

Just like 200 year ago when we had plates covering different body parts.

delta

Country flag
waise bhi defencenews.in is a shit website when it comes to reporting about indian military news. sure, they usually report slightly earlier than the mainstream media, but their style of reporting is more like scoopwhoop and buzzfeed and other similar chutiya sites. they're not to be taken very seriously.

bhai-117

[At least our para commandos are well equipped latest guns and night vision devices. But infantry units are ill equipped.]
The problem is that the equipment that our special forces have is akin to what the normal grunt is
equipped in the US and other 'Superpowers'. I'm not saying the SFs are ill equipped, I'm just saying
that if we can pursue stuff like Aircraft carriers, etc, we can atleast give our jawans proper standard
equipment.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
The man is as if not more important than the machine. Pretty confident that our soldiers are the most trained and disciplined force in the world.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Forget FINSAS we need three Standardised items asap
1) Good light BPJ and Helmets
2)Helmet mounted sights
3) Reliable advanced Rifles with UBGL and modern all weather sights.
This cannot and should not be turned into a two decade long DRDO jamboree

Indian Companies like http://www.mku.com/ , http://tonboimaging.com/wp/products-2/soldier-systems/ need to be brought in as amanufacturing and consulting partners while the OFB needs to be taken into account to finalize and bring the MSMC and MCIWS programs to fruition.
Sensors et all can be kept in development simultaneously and incremental upgrades can be brought in accordingly.

salute

Forget FINSAS we need three Standardised items asap
1) Good light BPJ and Helmets
2)Helmet mounted sights
3) Reliable advanced Rifles with UBGL and modern all weather sights.
This cannot and should not be turned into a two decade long DRDO jamboree

Indian Companies like http://www.mku.com/ , http://tonboimaging.com/wp/products-2/soldier-systems/ need to be brought in as amanufacturing and consulting partners while the OFB needs to be taken into account to finalize and bring the MSMC and MCIWS programs to fruition.
Sensors et all can be kept in development simultaneously and incremental upgrades can be brought in accordingly.
along with rifles indian army also requires handheld machine guns,

indian army using ww2 and cold war era handheld machine guns,

while usa army got m60,m240,m265 handheld machine guns and their new versions,

drdo is bs requires pvt. players like kalyani who can took up this task like they did about howitzers.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As long as Indian army keeps making defence purchases by browsing thru product brochures, future soldier program is just a "wish list".

Let army at least reach the stage of issuing RFI's on par with navy. Only when army has engineers as part of procurement process, it will have some success.

guru-dutt

me too! i mean i dont wanna be a killjoy either

it's not only our soldiers who needed the extra gear , even though they were under-equipped , they were 4 days away from capturing all of Giligit - Bstan, but home departments said " NO " !

they were again under -equipped when liberating B-desh but even so , they captured 90,000 packland pow's - a world record which even the western world didnt achieve and dare not talk about

but what happened, home dept short-changed the values of it and gave them back to packy without extracting value and jawan's effort downplayed

yes the jawans deserve better equipment and if Modi-ji is giving it to them , then well done ....just bear in mind too that home dept needs to do its home-work too !, that is to say , they too need to be better equipped - mentally !

thankfully it seems to be getting better now that Modi-ji is around

@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @asianobserve @BATTLE FIELD@bose @Bornubus @brational@blueblood@Blackwater@Blood+
@Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy@Cadian @DingDong@ersakthivel @FRYCRY @guru-dutt@Hari Sud@hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince@Kunal @Kshatriya87 Biswas@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha @mhk99 @maomao @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy@Razor@Rashna @[email protected] @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg@sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @TejasMK3@The enlightened @bhai-117 @tejas warrior@tharun@thethinker @tsunami@Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra
@roma ji never saw you on PDF but it feels great that a female member tagged me :D

hardip

..world fear Soldier????

first I love my country nd Indian army...

but.. reality is reality.

Ok we have.. world 's 3 Rd army.. in number (only)

it means not that... ki we r super army...

lookk... yaar. this is 21st century... nd here number doesn't matter...

all. supre power army... Us, UK , France, germany, China Russia, s Korea, Japan, also European countries, are morden than us.. it's a bitter truth...

we have just number 13,00,000 army personal

than
we have not primary world class rifle. ( we use 1999 se insas use after that not change

we have not our primary tank..arjun is since 1980 se developing me hae..abhi tak koi.. final model not for use in war... that's while we had to purchase t90 from Russia.

we hav not primary IFV abhay.programme not move since2004. we use bmp2 1975 se use kar rahe hai..

we have not.. Body armor for all persons since 2008 attck, also using 303 rifle..we had not smg,lmg, for police.

we have not any.. Anti meterial rifles.. pak have m82(barret).. Chinese also use like that wepone locally produced...

our mig 21 pass it's all work..period..
fir bhi koi.. naye jets... nai kharide ja sake jo 2010 me aa jane chahiy ethe.

our army have not Attck helicopter which is 21 and century demands... icv not.. in good to use.. our icv. have not ant.. big caliber weapon..(20,25,30mm gun)
we have old problem.
that..is..our.. defense..company.. made a program..made a plastic model.. and fram it..
after that they...spent in that.. prograam lots of money also

time... nd after long period lots of testing nd research theu..not find that.what.they.said....

haadd hai..yaar....
nd then.... army need that technology..must... so government buy it.from international suppliers to paid big.. cost...Arjun, ifv, akash sam, astra ATA missle, insas rifle, lca's engine, Druv heli's 70% parts, even bullet also.we have to import...

vaddi.vaddi..bate bandh..karo... jawan sahid.ho..rahe hai...

sorcerer

Country flag
Future soldiers are an awesome concept..exoskeleton ...equipments and all ..
We gotta do everything for the soldiers of the present and keep working on the war requirements of the future...
In January 2015, it was reported that Indian army has terminated the F-INSAS program. Indian Army has decided to break up the Future Soldier Program into two parts
Realistic..more realistic to scenarios!

The Last Stand

Country flag
Lol media nonsense, bullet proof jacket is nothing against rifles. Correct term is played carrier with plates inside stopping bullets.

Just like 200 year ago when we had plates covering different body parts.
Even soft body armour is a good protection against shotgun/pistol rounds, and it will stop blades.

But yeah, it's funny just how effective rifle rounds are said to be against body armour.

The bigger rounds like 7.62 probably won't even have a problem tearing right through the armour and someone's body.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles