Indian Army Video Thread

12arya

Country flag
WION visits the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector in Jammu and Kashmir.

12arya

Country flag
The video gives a brief on how Major Sonam Wangchuk , MVC lead a column of Ladakh Scouts as a part of Operation Vijay in the Batalik Sector and launched a raid against enemy which was a dare devil move!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Story of Indian Army Havildar Hangpan Dada, Ashok Chakra

12arya

Country flag
A battle to end all wars. Indian forces work hard to bring peace to Congo.

12arya

Country flag
Answering to Myths about Indian Army and Kashmir to the questions which were raised by Pakistani Delegates at Oxford University, British Parliament and King's College London.

12arya

Country flag
Special Forces Veteran, Major Surendra Poonia VSM, takes on the failure of Civil Administration, stone pelters and voices respect for the efforts of Indian Army and Armed Forces.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Col. Lalit Rai VrC of the Indian Army -- Kargil War Story

12arya

Country flag
Col. Lalit Rai VrC of the Indian Army -- Kargil War Story

great post....never got to see this videos before.

exceptional talk by the colonel. didn't knew abt the chinese hand at all in kargil.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
great post....never got to see this videos before.

exceptional talk by the colonel. didn't knew abt the chinese hand at all in kargil.
There is chinese hand in afghanistan war too, which somehow americans never talk about. chinese contribution to afghan war is ammo,grenades and RPG supply to taliban, only a few glimpses are mentioned in some documentaries which are embedded with troops on the frontlines.

This talk by col. rai is best video explainer on kargil war to date. no other video does justice to demonstrate what soldiers faced on the ground in kargil. infact i feel this video has potential to be made into a webseries(ala band of brother), let's hope someone comes up with budget for the webseries in near future.

12arya

Country flag
This talk by col. rai is best video explainer on kargil war to date. no other video does justice to demonstrate what soldiers faced on the ground in kargil. infact i feel this video has potential to be made into a webseries(ala band of brother), let's hope someone comes up with budget for the webseries in near future.
regarding afghan war i thought it was mostly ISI and probably saudi hand as well. didn't knew chinis hand there as well.

absolutely agree. i never thought this video talk by the colonel to be this gud. usually its superficial and doesn't have this kind of details. also the narration is so fluid and effortless. he really engages the audience with his great explanation and simple examples. some one like me, who does not have any military/geographical knowledge r able to grasp easily.

regarding web series, i don't know....most of our pop culture celebrates jihadis and terrorists and not soldiers or their valour. radhika apte's ghoul is just painting islam as innocent victims of hindu terror state.

check out the description of the series:
"In a totalitarian near-future India, a mysterious prisoner is sent to a remote military interrogation center where he turns the tables on his captors by exposing their most shameful secrets and unleashing a demon from Arabic folklore. When a new prisoner (Ali Saieed) at a military detention center exhibits eerie behavior, a young interrogator's (Nida Rahim) search for the truth becomes a battle for survival. After exposing her father's anti-government activities, Nida Rahim is inducted as the newest interrogator at the remote Meghdoot 31 detention center. Flashes of the past begin to haunt Nida. When sect leader Saeed is brought for questioning, his unnerving answers lead her to suspect his motives. Nida learns of the ghoul inhabiting Saeed. Upon telling her fellow interrogators, she learns the alarming truth about what its presence reveals."

we all know how loc kargil movie turned out....with terrible over acting and in ur face scenes. uri the movie abt the pok surgery, is releasing this yr. let's see how it goes.

hopefully some one will contact the colonel and use his expertise to create a series. or even the govt or the army can try as well. but no one in our country understand the value of getting these great stories out.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
regarding afghan war i thought it was mostly ISI and probably saudi hand as well. didn't knew chinis hand there as well.

absolutely agree. i never thought this video talk by the colonel to be this gud. usually its superficial and doesn't have this kind of details. also the narration is so fluid and effortless. he really engages the audience with his great explanation and simple examples. some one like me, who does not have any military/geographical knowledge r able to grasp easily.

regarding web series, i don't know....most of our pop culture celebrates jihadis and terrorists and not soldiers or their valour. radhika apte's ghoul is just painting islam as innocent victims of hindu terror state.

check out the description of the series:
"In a totalitarian near-future India, a mysterious prisoner is sent to a remote military interrogation center where he turns the tables on his captors by exposing their most shameful secrets and unleashing a demon from Arabic folklore. When a new prisoner (Ali Saieed) at a military detention center exhibits eerie behavior, a young interrogator's (Nida Rahim) search for the truth becomes a battle for survival. After exposing her father's anti-government activities, Nida Rahim is inducted as the newest interrogator at the remote Meghdoot 31 detention center. Flashes of the past begin to haunt Nida. When sect leader Saeed is brought for questioning, his unnerving answers lead her to suspect his motives. Nida learns of the ghoul inhabiting Saeed. Upon telling her fellow interrogators, she learns the alarming truth about what its presence reveals."

we all know how loc kargil movie turned out....with terrible over acting and in ur face scenes. uri the movie abt the pok surgery, is releasing this yr. let's see how it goes.

hopefully some one will contact the colonel and use his expertise to create a series. or even the govt or the army can try as well. but no one in our country understand the value of getting these great stories out.
This is a debate just after Surgical strike news was confirmed.

Keep an eye on Gen VP malik's face during and after col. rai is speaking on the debate. you can see his heart is filled with pride and joy. starting at 17:10

12arya

Country flag
This is a debate just after Surgical strike news was confirmed.

Keep an eye on Gen VP malik's face during and after col. rai is speaking on the debate. you can see his heart is filled with pride and joy. starting at 17:10

this is why i made this thread. i have not seen most of these videos and if we have a thread like this then pepl like me can watch these incredible vids. hope that more pepl will use this to post rather than posting in many threads.

and thank u, by the way, for posting.

12arya

Country flag
Maratha Light Infantry 250 Glorious Year Documentary

12arya

Country flag
The Para Commandos are the highly-trained unit of Special Forces of the Indian Army which carry out secret missions and are the part of Parachute Regiment. This episode of Vande Mataram is dedicated to these knights and listen the stories of their valour.

12arya

Country flag
IAF Undertakes STIE (Small Team Insertion & Extraction ) Operations in Joint Special Forces Training Camp.

12arya

Country flag
.........................................................................................

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles