Indian Army Vajra Corps conducts Exercise "Pine Prahar"

BangersAndMash

By Frontier India | May 30th, 2011

Indian Army's Vajra Corps has begun a 4 day exercise dubbed "Pine Prahar." Vajra corps is responsible for defending Indian Punjab and are nicknamed as "Defenders of Punjab." The exercise is designed to test swift mobilisation of units and formations, and offensive manoeuvres. Lt Gen Munish Sibal, General Officer Commanding of Vajra Corps said "Vajra Corps is fully ready to safeguard the border of the state at any given time." "Over 12,000 troops are taking part in the exercise," he added.

There are elements of force multipliers like Indian Air Force, battlefield transparency and enhanced mobility demonstrators in sync with the requirements of the future battlefield.

At the end of the exercise, a Battle group with an all arms composition will practice offensive manoeuvres across different obstacle systems. This manoeuvre will validate the mission accomplishment capabilities of the battle group, incorporating enhanced integration of combat troops with tailor made organizations for C4 ISR (Intelligence Surveillance Recce), jointmanship and network centric operations.

Indian Army vajra Corps conducts Exercise "Pine Prahar" - Frontier India - News, Analysis, Opinion

black eagle

Country flag
I must say the quality of defence news reporting in India is still extremely poor & unprofessional. The english news channels does a relatively better job, but the Hindi channels are very very poor. They choose to concentrate more on the jingoistic fervour rather than information.

Last edited:

BangersAndMash

I must say the quality of defence news reporting in India is still extremely poor & unprofessional. The english news channels does a better job, but the Hindi channels are very very poor. They choose to concentrate more on the jingoistic fervour rather than information.
IMO both English & Hindi news reporting are equally as bad as each other in India.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
i thought NDTV had a defence correspondent.....

some one is there after Ajai Shukla left ndtv!.....oh where is that girl.....Ms Kargil Dutt!

black eagle

Country flag
i thought NDTV had a defence correspondent.....

some one is there after Ajai Shukla left ndtv!.....oh where is that girl.....Ms Kargil Dutt!
She is not their defence correspondent. Vishnu Som is their defence correspondent & he is good. There is also Shiv Aroor with Headlines Today. Apart from these two, I cannot think of any.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
She is not their defence correspondent. Vishnu Som is their defence correspondent & he is good. There is also Shiv Aroor with Headlines Today. Apart from these two, I cannot think of any.
oh i forgot, she is their WAR correspondent! recently was in libya!

there is one more guy besides Vishnu Som, could anyone help me out?

Blackwater

sorry to see wohi old BMP, T-55 tanks, 30 yrs old Russian 120mm howitzers, aur kya kya,

Learn from Pak army how they manage to Modernize there gear with begging money.shame shame indian army

Jambudweep

sorry to see wohi old BMP, T-55 tanks, 30 yrs old Russian 120mm howitzers, aur kya kya,

Learn from Pak army how they manage to Modernize there gear with begging money.shame shame indian army
Out of the 40 cobra helis they got for war on terror Just 12 are operational. Rest are non operating junk waiting for essential spares....guess begging would take one only so far......

Blackwater

Out of the 40 cobra helis they got for war on terror Just 12 are operational. Rest are non operating junk waiting for essential spares....guess begging would take one only so far......
nahi yaar they still got modern equipments than us..just by begging

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Vishnu didn't start out as defense correspondent. He was a news reader first I think.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles