Indian Army T- 90 (Bhishma) and T- 72 (M-1) Tanks

vishnugupt

Country flag
Broadly, but it's a comedy oriented sketch.. Don't take it seriously. Also it does mentions it's up to date now, ripping mostly on the outdated junk T-90S.
I know, you are a valuable member of this forum but could you please explain us how come Russian weaponry look junk for you??

I mean, I also oppose import but I never regarded them as a junk. Why do you believe they are just bunch of stupid people and know nothing about technology.... Infact Russia has been fighting and winning wars with help of the same weapons.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I know, you are a valuable member of this forum but could you please explain us how come Russian weaponry look junk for you??

I mean, I also oppose import but I never regarded them as a junk. Why do you believe they are just bunch of stupid people and know nothing about technology.... Infact Russia has been fighting and winning wars with help of the same weapons.
Whoa don't misunderstand me... My primary issue is with our stuff being outdated. They were always very unsafe & non-userfriendly, but they were not outdated in 2000-2010.

But right now T-90MS-P3 is handily ahead of Arjun Mk1A, to my extreme frustration, not the T-90S were ordering again!

WolfPack86

Country flag
Russia, India negotiating upgrade of T-90S Bhishma MBTs, says Rosoboronexport
KUBINKA /Moscow Region/, August 27. /TASS/. Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec state corporation) is holding consultations with New Dehli on upgrading India’s T-90S Bhishma MBTs, Chief Executive Officer of the Russian arms export agency Alexander Mikheyev told TASS on Friday at the Army 2021 International Military-Technical Forum.

"Consultations are underway on the upgrade of [the Indian army's Т-90S Bhishma] tanks," he said.

A number of modernized systems for the Indian T-90S tanks have undergone preliminary trials, the CEO noted. "Preliminary trials of several modernized systems installed on the Indian-provided tanks, have been carried out. Right now, we are moving toward the final tests, following which a decision will be made on installing the modernized systems on the tanks," he specified.

Rosoboronexport is ready to look into the supply of the modernized T-90MS tanks to India, Mikheyev said. "The Indian side has not applied to Rosoboronexport for deliveries of T-90MS tanks, however, we confirm our readiness to consider any request if we receive one," he noted.

WARREN SS

Country flag

Criticism is of specific design

T-90S Is 30 years old design
With old Gun barrel ,Engines
It cannot fire New generation APFSDS

While Pakistan Al Khalid now can fire better Kinetics rounds 😤 today.

JBH22

Criticism is of specific design

T-90S Is 30 years old design
With old Gun barrel ,Engines
It cannot fire New generation APFSDS

While Pakistan Al Khalid now can fire better Kinetics rounds 😤 today.
Ask army why they are still acquiring similar T-90s which we bought in early 2000s.
Russian came in with 2 new version the T-90SM and T-90M, funds could have been set aside to modernise the fleet. But nothing doing, we are waiting for Pakistan to gain momentum on tank fleet modernisation.
I tell you our planners are incompetent, if you see what Russia did with limited budget and turn around their force since 2008. It is mind boggling.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ask army why they are still acquiring similar T-90s which we bought in early 2000s.
Russian came in with 2 new version the T-90SM and T-90M, funds could have been set aside to modernise the fleet. But nothing doing, we are waiting for Pakistan to gain momentum on tank fleet modernisation.
I tell you our planners are incompetent, if you see what Russia did with limited budget and turn around their force since 2008. It is mind boggling.
Incompetent and corrupt , thay are

Longewala

Country flag
But they aren't buying the same model?
The last contract for 464 tanks was for the improved MS model.
And the bulk of the "modern" Napak tank base, the 900 odd Khalids and 80UD are broadly comparable to the older 90s, with a 2:1 advantage to India in modern tanks.

Agree though that need to start an upgradation program soon, but then again, if the upgrade cost is say 30% of a new tank cost, might as well buy 400 additional MS tanks to replace the older 72s

JBH22

But they aren't buying the same model?
The last contract for 464 tanks was for the improved MS model
Nope good old T-90S version built by AVADI :)

And the bulk of the "modern" Napak tank base, the 900 odd Khalids and 80UD are broadly comparable to the older 90s, with a 2:1 advantage to India in modern tanks.
You would not want to fight them on equal terms. India has the resources to focus on a decent modernisation programs for its T-90.

Agree though that need to start an upgradation program soon, but then again, if the upgrade cost is say 30% of a new tank cost, might as well buy 400 additional MS tanks to replace the older 72s
Modernise existing nearly 1500+ T-90 with latest equipment. T-72M1 is on its way out. Some being retained following upgrade.

Longewala

Country flag
Nope good old T-90S version built by AVADI :)

You would not want to fight them on equal terms. India has the resources to focus on a decent modernisation programs for its T-90.

Modernise existing nearly 1500+ T-90 with latest equipment. T-72M1 is on its way out. Some being retained following upgrade.
Really? Wouldn't know myself, but there were media reports these were the MS variant.

And Napakis have about 1000+ older tanks which are outclassed by and older than Indian T-72s. No reason to phase out the T-72s, really.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles