Indian Army T- 90 (Bhishma) and T- 72 (M-1) Tanks

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
the only capable tank in their inventory used to be the 380 or so number of T-80UDs. But still, they shouldn't have been sitting on their backsides for all these years.

Ummid toh yehi hay, dekhte hay kya hota hay.
I know what you did there :troll: . I think Congi punjabi uma chuma ecosystem was in bed with pukes and Chinese to make sure, things remain the way they were. I won't say much more samaj Jao. now they are going for upgrade, since music is slowing down. I want to see B3M and M Proryv 3 level upgrade for our whole T 72, T 90 fleet respectively going forward.

Killbot

Country flag
I know what you did there :troll: . I think Congi punjabi uma chuma ecosystem was in bed with pukes and Chinese to make sure, things remain the way they were. I won't say much more samaj Jao. now they are going for upgrade, since music is slowing down. I want to see B3M and M Proryv 3 level upgrade for our whole T 72, T 90 fleet respectively going forward.
Take at least a decade...?

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I know what you did there :troll: .
Haha, what can I say, that's the undeniable fact. :p
I think Congi punjabi uma chuma ecosystem was in bed with pukes and Chinese to make sure, things remain the way they were. I won't say much more samaj Jao.
Could very well be true. At least, I won't be surprised.
now they are going for upgrade, since music is slowing down. I want to see B3M and M Proryv 3 level upgrade for our whole T 72, T 90 fleet respectively going forward.
B3M with ERA coverage of M84AS1.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
B3M with ERA coverage of M84AS1.
Or Relikt , either is fine for me. Relikt ERA in export version is different from one in use in russian forces. Here look.

T 90MS Relikt ERA.
IMG_20201024_181504.jpg

IMG_20201024_181450.jpg

T 90M Proryv 3
IMG_20201024_181642.jpg

There is a extra third plate behind main ERA.
I have posted this before here on T 80BVM upgrade.

probably to deal with latest M829A4 APFSDS in mind which use data link and precursor tip. after all it was designed specifically to deal with Relikt.

Ok if i have to make a wishlist for upgrade i will make it like this.
2A46M5 gun with new ammo and autoloader. V 92S2F engine , TIFCS , Afghanit or Arena APS. It will be better than even T 90 for the time being and enough to deal with all Chinese and Puke threat alone.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
None of our Tanks and Armoured vehicles have active protection systems which Porkistani VT-4 Tanks comes equipped with making them sort of invincible.

one doubt, why can’t anti aircraft guns used in anti tank roles?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
TATA Kestrel given nod by MoD last year but no orders
LCH completed all trials and still not ordered

FICV and FRCV both delayed

Carbine deal scrapped for an Indian gun that will obviously be CAR-816 made in India for higher price and delays

INS Vishal project not started
Project 75(I) delayed
4 LHD requirement delayed
114 Aircraft tender floated unnecessarily knowing at the end Rafale will be selected and the project is delayed unnecessarily for Make in India and make an already expensive fighter more expensive and time consuming.

Tejas aircraft production rate is low

Naval Utility helicopter deal and Naval Multirole Helicopter deal for 232 helicopters is pending

Half of our existing equipment is old and need replacement, idk instead of scrapping them why can’t we sell the retired equipment and earn some money.

Our soldiers don’t have combat gloves, combat glasses, combat elbow and knee pads, bulletproof helmets and jackets optics Etc.

Many artilleries made in India yet no one for mass production.

Our Multi Barrel Rocket Launch capabilities is poor, China have more than a thousand MBRLs whereas India has only 300 and hence china will have superior fire projection.

We have a very low AEW&CS and refueller aircraft which is bad.

our drone fleet sucks, IAF wanted Avenger drones but what happened idk, and our indigenous Rustom-II is consuming a lot of time.

and a lot of things frustrate me a lot, we still look like a 3rd world armed force.

Killbot

Country flag
TATA Kestrel given nod by MoD last year but no orders
LCH completed all trials and still not ordered

FICV and FRCV both delayed

Carbine deal scrapped for an Indian gun that will obviously be CAR-816 made in India for higher price and delays

INS Vishal project not started
Project 75(I) delayed
4 LHD requirement delayed
114 Aircraft tender floated unnecessarily knowing at the end Rafale will be selected and the project is delayed unnecessarily for Make in India and make an already expensive fighter more expensive and time consuming.

Tejas aircraft production rate is low

Naval Utility helicopter deal and Naval Multirole Helicopter deal for 232 helicopters is pending

Half of our existing equipment is old and need replacement, idk instead of scrapping them why can’t we sell the retired equipment and earn some money.

Our soldiers don’t have combat gloves, combat glasses, combat elbow and knee pads, bulletproof helmets and jackets optics Etc.

Many artilleries made in India yet no one for mass production.

Our Multi Barrel Rocket Launch capabilities is poor, China have more than a thousand MBRLs whereas India has only 300 and hence china will have superior fire projection.

We have a very low AEW&CS and refueller aircraft which is bad.

our drone fleet sucks, IAF wanted Avenger drones but what happened idk, and our indigenous Rustom-II is consuming a lot of time.

and a lot of things frustrate me a lot, we still look like a 3rd world armed force.
And bitching ain't gonna help. Just live with it brother, we all know how frustrating our system is...

WolfPack86

Country flag
Private firm OshoCorp wins auxiliary engine contract from Indian Army’s T-72 and T-90 MBTs

Private firm OshoCorp Global has been selected by the Indian Army to indigenously develop an auxiliary power unit (APU) for its fleet of Russian-made T-72 and T-90 battle tanks, that help not only conserve the life of the main engine but also reduce thermal and acoustic signatures when deployed in specific situations. Mr. Ashutosh Khate, CEO explained that T-72 and T-90 tanks are mainstays of the mechanized forces. the auxiliary power unit (APU) is an alternate source of power for the fire control system of the tank and ancillaries to cater to power requirements, while deployed in surveillance mode during a lull in the battle, and during training, to conserve the life of the main engine of the tank. Indian Army has asked OshoCorp Global to develop 2 units of the auxiliary power unit (APU) for T-72 and T-90 tanks each for trial and approval and later 3,257 APUs, which include 1,657 units for the T-90 and 1,600 units for the older T-72 will be ordered. Indian Army has also earmarked Rs 1,325.92 crore for this procurement. According to the Army’s requirements, the APU should be able to concurrently operate the gunner, commander and driver sights, fire control system, radio sets, internal communication systems, navigation aids, and charge batteries when the main engine is switched off. The APU should be able to function for six hours at a time in temperatures ranging from minus 50 °Celsius to 45 °Celsius and at altitudes ranging up to 16,000 feet. Since the APU would be mounted on the exterior, it would also be required to be waterproof up to a depth of five meters to enable deep-fording by the tank. At present, the main engine has to be kept running to operate the systems even if the tank is stationary. Besides reducing wear and tear of the main engine, the APU would increase the tank’s stealth capabilities since the noise and heat emission would be much lower.

Rambo101

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Private firm OshoCorp wins auxiliary engine contract from Indian Army’s T-72 and T-90 MBTs

Private firm OshoCorp Global has been selected by the Indian Army to indigenously develop an auxiliary power unit (APU) for its fleet of Russian-made T-72 and T-90 battle tanks, that help not only conserve the life of the main engine but also reduce thermal and acoustic signatures when deployed in specific situations. Mr. Ashutosh Khate, CEO explained that T-72 and T-90 tanks are mainstays of the mechanized forces. the auxiliary power unit (APU) is an alternate source of power for the fire control system of the tank and ancillaries to cater to power requirements, while deployed in surveillance mode during a lull in the battle, and during training, to conserve the life of the main engine of the tank. Indian Army has asked OshoCorp Global to develop 2 units of the auxiliary power unit (APU) for T-72 and T-90 tanks each for trial and approval and later 3,257 APUs, which include 1,657 units for the T-90 and 1,600 units for the older T-72 will be ordered. Indian Army has also earmarked Rs 1,325.92 crore for this procurement. According to the Army’s requirements, the APU should be able to concurrently operate the gunner, commander and driver sights, fire control system, radio sets, internal communication systems, navigation aids, and charge batteries when the main engine is switched off. The APU should be able to function for six hours at a time in temperatures ranging from minus 50 °Celsius to 45 °Celsius and at altitudes ranging up to 16,000 feet. Since the APU would be mounted on the exterior, it would also be required to be waterproof up to a depth of five meters to enable deep-fording by the tank. At present, the main engine has to be kept running to operate the systems even if the tank is stationary. Besides reducing wear and tear of the main engine, the APU would increase the tank’s stealth capabilities since the noise and heat emission would be much lower.
There is also a NATO STANAG level 3 protection requirement for this APU. so basically safety from 155mm artillery shell explosion at 60 meter.
7.62x51 from 30meter along with 8kg mine blast protection beneath wheel.

WolfPack86

Country flag
JUST IN: Indian Army selects private sector firm OshoCorp Global to develop & supply auxiliary power units (APU) for T-72 & T-90 tanks. Overall program valued at $190 million for 3257 APUs. (Stock tank graphic shared by the company in its press release

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
According to the Army’s requirements, the APU should be able to concurrently operate the gunner, commander and driver sights, fire control system, radio sets, internal communication systems, navigation aids, and charge batteries when the main engine is switched off. The APU should be able to function for six hours at a time in temperatures ranging from minus 50 °Celsius to 45 °Celsius and at altitudes ranging up to 16,000 feet. Since the APU would be mounted on the exterior, it would also be required to be waterproof up to a depth of five meters to enable deep-fording by the tank.
Great news! About time...
...along with 8kg mine blast protection beneath wheel.
This part doesn't apply here tho. 😅

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So kunal Biswas on twitter is saying we have a equivalent gun to 2A46M 5. This guy is a MOD here I think.
IMG_20201112_192108.jpg

OFB site show indigenous gun for T 90 and 72.
image6_p (3).jpg
IMG_20201112_191825.jpg

One closer look at the bottom shows how pathetic this gun really is with 250 EFC...2A46M 5 is around 1200, i think. There is no mention of chamber pressure. I bet it's no better than older 2A46M from 80s maybe 6000 max. so where is this indigenous 2A46M-5 equivalent ? or is it another , Arjun style teer kaman.

@Bleh @ArgonPrime @fire starter

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So kunal Biswas on twitter is saying we have a equivalent gun to 2A46M 5. This guy is a MOD here I think.
View attachment 66399

View attachment 66398View attachment 66396

One closer look at the bottom shows how pathetic this gun really is with 250 EFC...2A46M 5 is around 1200, i think. There is no mention of chamber pressure. I bet it's no better than older 2A46M from 80s maybe 6000 max. so where is this indigenous 2A46M-5 equivalent ? or is it another , Arjun style teer kaman.

It's the same old 2A46M, nothing more nothing less, and certainly nothing to talk about.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
View attachment 66399

View attachment 66398View attachment 66396

It's the same old 2A46M, nothing more nothing less, and certainly nothing to talk about.
From the muzzle velocity, I think they increased the chamber pressure. Possibly that's why the life is so short.

This metallurgy lack can only be overcome with investment in R&D, no shortcuts here.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
From the muzzle velocity, I think they increased the chamber pressure. Possibly that's why the life is so short.

This metallurgy lack can only be overcome with investment in R&D, no shortcuts here.
I doubt that, cause even 2A46M hurl a BM42M Mango at a muzzle velocity of ~1750 m/sec.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles