Indian Army T- 90 (Bhishma) and T- 72 (M-1) Tanks

WolfPack86

Country flag
T-72: All you need to know about the latest and most upgraded battle tank of Indian Army

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
We Need
3VBM23/3BM60 (3BM60 "Svinets-2")Armour-piercing fin-stabilized discarding sabot (APFSDS ) ASAP To Do read Damage
For Svinets-2 the smoothbore gun needs to be upgraded to 2A46M5 std and also the autoloader needs to be upgraded to accommodate larger rounds.
At best we the Lekalo APFSDS can fit in the existing system. It has a 650mm RHA penetration at 2km.
DRDO 125mm Mk2 APFSDS is replacing the Mango rounds, it has 500-570mm RHA penetration at 2km.

WolfPack86

Country flag
India deploys T-90 tanks in Galwan Valley after China’s aggressive posturing at LAC

Signalling that it is all for peaceful restoration of status quo ante in East Ladakh but is also prepared for the worst case scenario, the Indian Army has deployed six T-90 missile firing tanks and top-of-the-line shoulder fired anti-tank missile systems in the Galwan Valley sector. The senior military commanders from India and China are meeting at Chushul on Tuesday to work out the de-escalation and disengagement process on mutual terms.

The army’s decision to deploy the T-90 Bishma tanks was taken after the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) had beefed up its positions on the river bed with armoured personnel carriers and troop tents. The Indian Army is occupying the dominant heights in the sector within its side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

Infantry combat vehicles along with 155mm howitzers have been deployed all along 1597 km long LAC in East Ladakh with two tank regiments deployed in Chushul sector to repel any aggressive plans of the adversary through the Spanggur Gap. While Chinese PLA wants to make a deal on the LAC in this sector as part of withdrawal, the Indian Army is no mood to give an inch as the military aggression came from the Western Theatre Command of China with the intention of redefining the LAC.

According to military commanders, India is prepared for a long haul in this limited spectrum with capability of a full spectrum retaliation in case the red flag goes up. With the water temperature in the river already touching 10 below zero and the river bed temperatures more frosty than the dominant heights due to temperature inversion, it is only a matter of time when “General Winter” takes over the area and makes Chinese positions in Galwan Valley untenable.

While the PLA propaganda talks about introduction of troops trained in martial arts in the East Ladakh sector, fact is that the Chinese foot soldier is conscripted into the army for two years unlike the Indian hardy trooper who stays a minimum of 17 years. Since 1984, the Indian trooper has been trained in high altitude war to repel Pakistan Army from taking over Siachen glacier and has been sitting heights of over 15,000 feet in both Kargil as well as East Ladakh sector.

The general morale of the Indian military commanders and troops is very high with both Indian Air Force and Indian Navy deployed in highest state of alertness. Majority of Chinese PLA Air Force fighters are taking off from Hotan air base in Taklamakan desert, some 240 km from the LAC with surface to air missiles deployed to counter the Indian fighters.

WolfPack86

Country flag
MoD signed a contract with BEML for procurement of 1512 Mine Plough for #IndianArmy T-90 S/SK at an approximate cost of Rs 557 crore. Induction planned to be completed by 2027. It will extend the reach of Armoured Formation deep into enemy territory.

WolfPack86

Country flag

‘Would extend reach of armoured formations deep into enemy territory,’ says the Indian MoD as it announces a contract for mine ploughs for the Indian Army’s T-90S tanks:
‘Would extend reach of armoured formations deep into enemy territory,’ says the Indian MoD as it announces a contract for mine ploughs for the Indian Army’s T-90S tanks:

WolfPack86

Country flag
Defence Ministry Signs Contract For Procurement of 1,512 Mine Ploughs For Indian Army's T-90 Tanks
The Ministry of Defence on Monday signed a Rs 557-crore contract with Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) for procurement of 1,512 mine ploughs (MP) for the Indian army’s tank T-90, a defence ministry official statement said.

On Monday, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved the procurement and signed a contract with M/s Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) for procurement of 1,512 Mine Plough (MP) for Tank T-90 S/SK at an approximate cost of Rs 557 crore, the Ministry of Defence said.

Mine ploughs are mounted on tanks and help clear minefields allowing the tanks to manoeuvre freely and minimises risks to men and machines.

The decision comes amid the hostilities with China. The T-90 tanks have been deployed in Ladakh as part of Indian Army's enhanced deployment at the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The induction of these 1,512 mine ploughs is planned to be completed by 2027. With these, the mobility of India's tank fleet will enhance manifold, which in turn would extend the reach of armoured formation deep into the enemy territory without becoming a mine causality, the defence ministry said.

"These mine ploughs will be fitted on T-90 tanks of Indian Armoured Corps which will facilitate individual mobility to tanks while negotiating minefields," the defence ministry added.

Global Defence

Articles