Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
India is not cancelling 73,000 Sig-716 order | The deal is in final stage
The thing about Indian defence deals is that it resembles an object falling into a blackhole's event horizon. You know how objects falling into the black hole appear to get slower and slower as they get close the even horizon and then when they reach the event horizon they appear to be stuck at the horizon itself for a long time?

Indian defence deals are the same, they quickly move through initial and middle stages of AoN, DAC, etc and then the speed decreases to an excruciatingly slow crawl during the final stages i.e. CCS and final deal signing. Just like with this deal. Its been "in the final stages" for months now. Now that its close to the even horizon (actual placing of the order), its got stuck and will remain so for a long time.

Blademaster

The thing about Indian defence deals is that it resembles an object falling into a blackhole's event horizon. You know how objects falling into the black hole appear to get slower and slower as they get close the even horizon and then when they reach the event horizon they appear to be stuck at the horizon itself for a long time?

Indian defence deals are the same, they quickly move through initial and middle stages of AoN, DAC, etc and then the speed decreases to an excruciatingly slow crawl during the final stages i.e. CCS and final deal signing. Just like with this deal. Its been "in the final stages" for months now. Now that its close to the even horizon (actual placing of the order), its got stuck and will remain so for a long time.
Needs to be reposted in the Jokes thread!!!

Javelin_Sam

Country flag

It's because upto DAC, everything is procedural. During CCS - Finance, External affairs ministry, PMO, Niti ayog etc comes into the picture. Thats from where the actual dadagiris start

GLD1980

Country flag
Gentlemen, is there any truth to any of this?
Is the Indian Army experiencing teething issues with the SIG716I?

Is the 2nd order possibly falling through?

How have you all been?

I got to take my SIG716I and my 716G2 Patrol out for more breaking in.
VideoCapture_20220813-182444.jpg

20220813_175405.jpg

Remain tough and always Remember the 5th Principle of Patrolling; Common Sense! Stay Alert, Stay Alive Men!

The 5 Principles of Patrolling
1. Planning
2. Reconnaissance
3. Security
4. Control
5. Common Sense

Notice how they get more important has you scroll down.... Kinda like you could fuck up 123, but with 4 and 5, you still have a chance.

Forget 1,2,3, and 4; That's called luck and your butthole will definitely pucker and you'll either earn a medal or lose a limb if you live 🀣!

Forget 1,2,3,4 & 5....! And your Dead, dont be stupid fellas.

Oh and last but not least, always take the shot, Our creator doesn't give you many chances to kill the same man! Make every chance count.

Love Charger

ΰ€šΰ€•ΰ₯ΰ€°ΰ€΅ΰ€°ΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ₯€
Country flag

How have you all been?

View attachment 167798

View attachment 167799

Remain tough and always Remember the 5th Principle of Patrolling; Common Sense! Stay Alert, Stay Alive Men!

1. Planning
2. Reconnaissance
3. Security
4. Control
5. Common Sense

Notice how they get more important has you scroll down.... Kinda like you could fuck up 123, but with 4 and 5, you still have a chance.

Forget 1,2,3, and 4; That's called luck and your butthole will definitely pucker and you'll either earn a medal or lose a limb if you live 🀣!

Oh and last but not least, always take the shot, Our creator doesn't give you many chances to kill the same man! Make every chance count.
We are good , but indian army is again stuck in the loop of delays , amd we in the loop of hopelessness.
The Russians have not been allowed to start the ak 203 factory since 4 years now .
The factory is setup , everything and everyone present but no production yet .
As far as sig saur 716 is concerned , there are conflicting reports to be honest
Some portals say, that repeat order will be given , some disagree overall its again a feeling of uncertainty. Which is normal for us
We have patience, to wait it out .

Folks here and at other forums have waited for 25 years to see new arty guns inducted and by wait mean followed the developments.
It will come , I hope for best new sigs will come
Probably by that time i will have kids and iam not kidding. People have made families while defence projects remain stuck

I personally wanted that if indian army calls the sig saur and asks them to license produce sig 716, as a standard issue weapon, It will be great ! but welcome to the great Indian bureaucracy.
Regards, have a nice day

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

How have you all been?

View attachment 167798

View attachment 167799

1. Planning
2. Reconnaissance
3. Security
4. Control
5. Common Sense

The report was later proved to be wrong and they are set to repeat order again soon(god knows when that is) according to reports as for recoil yes there is a learning curve since they don't have any experience of battle rifles but recent videos they seem to be doing alright

Love Charger

Country flag

How have you all been?

View attachment 167798

View attachment 167799

1. Planning
2. Reconnaissance
3. Security
4. Control
5. Common Sense

Well sir we used, slr or l1a1 fn fal rifles .
Before , now for 24 years, soldiers are used to 5 56 insas rifle and Kalashnikov
Their transition to a true battle rifle will take time

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
We are good , but indian army is again stuck in the loop of delays , amd we in the loop of hopelessness.
The Russians have not been allowed to start the ak 203 factory since 4 years now .
As far as sig saur 716 is concerned , there are conflicting reports to be honest
Some portals say, that repeat order will be given , some disagree overall its again a feeling of uncertainty. Which is normal for us

Folks here and at other forums have waited for 25 years to see new arty guns inducted and by wait mean followed the developments.
Probably by that time i will have kids and iam not kidding. People have made families while defence projects remain stuck

I personally wanted that if indian army calls the sig saur and asks them to license produce sig 716, as a standard issue weapon, It will be great ! but welcome to the great Indian bureaucracy.
Regards, have a nice day
Don't you think a battle rifle as standard weapon will be a bit too much we need an assualt rifle as standard weapon just my thought

Love Charger

Country flag
Don't you think a battle rifle as standard weapon will be a bit too much we need an assualt rifle as standard weapon just my thought
Insurgency are dying down
Punjab was quelled with fa fal , so was north east
India fought chiense with battle rifles , dont doubt them
They live to the motto of indian army
" ek goli , ek dushman " one bullet one enemy

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Regards, have a nice day
That report was from the wire
It was a hitjob

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Insurgency are dying down
Punjab was quelled with fa fal , so was north east
India fought chiense with battle rifles , dont doubt them
They live to the motto of indian army
" ek goli , ek dushman " one bullet one enemy
I don't doubt them but isn't ar better at cqb if there is one

Latest Replies