Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
45F7E6AD-2D3E-4571-84AE-A9108E8BCDEC.jpeg
3333236B-551D-4921-BE1A-27F425B99136.jpeg

Tonbo Imaging’s new fixed power Telescopic Day Sight (5x40mm) for LMGs, MMGs and Battle/Assault Rifles. It’s also suitable for the SIG 716.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
All of us wanted sights on the Sig 716s right? Indian Army has granted us exactly that by mounting OFB Telescopic Sight of INSAS on the SIG 716🤦🏼‍♂️😂.
View attachment 116147
Sight calibrated for 5.56, 18 inch barrel insas rifle for a 7.62, 16 inch barrel sig platform? Does IA think bullet drop markings for both will be same :facepalm: :frusty:
When even upper leadership fails to notice such simple f**kups, God knows what's there further down. I stand by my view, Army is the least Tech oriented service branch, most of our infantry still has ww2 style equipment(not talking about what you occasionally see in Kashmir or exercises,that's just a tiny bit of the numbers of infantry regiments we have) and most of it is still not motorized, correct me if I am wrong but motorized infantry concept doesn't exist in IA manuals(There's a diff. between motorized and mechanised).
RIP science and logic.
1635229997725.png

Spindrift

Sight calibrated for 5.56, 18 inch barrel insas rifle for a 7.62, 16 inch barrel sig platform? Does IA think bullet drop markings for both will be same :facepalm: :frusty:
When even upper leadership fails to notice such simple f**kups, God knows what's there further down. I stand by my view, Army is the least Tech oriented service branch, most of our infantry still has ww2 style equipment(not talking about what you occasionally see in Kashmir or exercises,that's just a tiny bit of the numbers of infantry regiments we have) and most of it is still not motorized, correct me if I am wrong but motorized infantry concept doesn't exist in IA manuals(There's a diff. between motorized and mechanised).
RIP science and logic.
View attachment 116156
I am not sure if IOF even calibrates its products.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
RIP science and logic.
View attachment 116156
Range determination can be done with training. Must have been cost effective measure or makeshift measure till proper scopes are approved.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Range determination can be done with training. Must have been cost effective measure or makeshift measure till proper scopes are approved.
Cost effective measure?? On contrary I think that would be wasting money. Cost effective would have been buying a cheap proper scope, maybe low on quality and specs.

Range estimation without markings be sub-optimal and at that point can be called your intuition or feeling, which is not something you want to train infantry on. You do need proper reticle and range markings. Also the whole point of 7.62 nato is to defeat enemy at longer ranges. Not only you'll need a scope but along with it comes training to handle a heavy recoil rifle and understanding of scope working. It's just not as easy as swapping a rifle.

Now IA by not issuing proper peripherals as a standard issue(scope,foregrip/gripod,3 point sling usage) defeats the primary purpose of buying 7.62 nato rifle as well as secondary purpose of modernising which is not as simple as swapping a rifle.

Better money would have been spent on these rather than 6 odd apaches(800 million dollars).

For me it's probably a thought in IA that infantry are not a deciding factor in war and doesn't wants to spend on it basically give them a rifle and that's it, no mass issue BPJs, no plate carriers, no modern tactical gears, no advanced infantry combat tactics training.

Just see this to understand how easy things become with good markings:-

GLD1980

Country flag
How is it going fellas. I wanted to send a shout out from the United States. My name is Dan. I was in the US Army Infantry for 12 years so I can relate with the Infantry Life! I have a tremendous amount of respect for my Army Brothers from India and I am very proud of what you all do. Hold down the LOC men!

So how do you fellas like your SIG 716I's? Those of us here in the West have been wondering how you all feel about your new 716I's and how they have performed during training and against threats.

Several of us have purchased 716I's but they are commercial variants and don't have the select fire control group and a few other minor differences. We all love them and I wanted to invite you to check out a few forums where I have posted threads dedicated to the SIG 716I and it being the best AR-308/ AR-10 for the money. You are invited to join the forums but beware, some users can be rude and impatient while others are genuine and respectful. Enjoy the read as I do reading your thread and seeing the awesome photos from the field.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/...08-AR-10-type-rifle-for-the-money-/45-521591/

https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/the-sig-716i-tread-thread.412335/

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...r-10-type-battle-rifle-for-the-money.7080207/

Here is my 716I. Take Care!

Dan

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
How is it going fellas. I wanted to send a shout out from the United States. My name is Dan. I was in the US Army Infantry for 12 years so I can relate with the Infantry Life! I have a tremendous amount of respect for my Army Brothers from India and I am very proud of what you all do. Hold down the LOC men!

So how do you fellas like your SIG 716I's? Those of us here in the West have been wondering how you all feel about your new 716I's and how they have performed during training and against threats.

Several of us have purchased 716I's but they are commercial variants and don't have the select fire control group and a few other minor differences. We all love them and I wanted to invite you to check out a few forums where I have posted threads dedicated to the SIG 716I and it being the best AR-308/ AR-10 for the money. You are invited to join the forums but beware, some users can be rude and impatient while others are genuine and respectful. Enjoy the read as I do reading your thread and seeing the awesome photos from the field.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/...08-AR-10-type-rifle-for-the-money-/45-521591/

https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/the-sig-716i-tread-thread.412335/

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...r-10-type-battle-rifle-for-the-money.7080207/

Here is my 716I. Take Care!

Dan

In shrimaan ko mods veteran ka tag dedijiye

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles