Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
....you mean guy at front gripping it by handguards and 'not by VERTICAL GRIP' ?
because that is not vertical grip but the rifle sling, that is tightened at one place but loose at front, just near where it is mounted on handguard, kinda giving this aabhaas that it is a vertical grip.
He may have also ment the gripping of the magazine like an AK or the BUIS are down.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
....you mean guy at front gripping it by handguards and 'not by VERTICAL GRIP' ?
because that is not vertical grip but the rifle sling, that is tightened at one place but loose at front, just near where it is mounted on handguard, kinda giving this aabhaas that it is a vertical grip.
I meant this Johnny Ji
images (1).jpg

images.jpg

As to how the sling goes through the stock over the rifle and to the hand guard where the soldier holds it in a way that his fingers are over it and the sling does not fall down
This probably IA standard training have seen this in Patriot IMA episode if I recall correctly

Not saying anything wrong with it, unless there is and feel free to correct me since you're much more knowledgeable in this matters

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I meant this Johnny Ji
View attachment 107326
View attachment 107327
As to how the sling goes through the stock over the rifle and to the hand guard where the soldier holds it in a way that his fingers are over it and the sling does not fall down
This probably IA standard training have seen this in Patriot IMA episode if I recall correctly

Not saying anything wrong with it, unless there is and feel free to correct me since you're much more knowledgeable in this matters
Oh this,
nothing...since we still use those old pattern slings with mostly fixed mounting one has to do such maneuvers to prevent a loose sling from getting hung on anything,
then again,😒 INSAS is mostly a past-gen rifle so it's got fixed sling swivels i.e. fixed points for mounting slings, so deos AK and so...
...but our guys are so used to to such pattern of slings that they specifically got those SIG716I WITHOUT quick-detachable sling swivel mounts on it and still keep using older slings on it, so yeah...manuevering

with proper QD sling swivel mounts and some current-generation multi-point slings we could have practically solved this but... 🤷‍♂️

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles