Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
View attachment 95365
Sig 716i of ours has the IMI BUIS with this sort of emergency sight like think incase there is no time to flip up the BUIS no?
Firing range is an Emergency?
I believe the Jawan behind knows about the flip ups, but (from his look) too afraid to correct a high ranking Command Staff officer

Trololo

Country flag
Not demeaning anyone but I'd like to think that our troops are too skinny, and senior soldiers including officers are even pudgy. Anyone has any idea of the Indian Army's equivalent of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Fitness_Test
My gym trainer and retired infantry subedar told me that IA physical training focus more on endurance than strength. Is this true?

Kchontha

Country flag
Every one is talking about sights or optics mounted or not mounted on sig 716i but must also add whether the megazine will be enough during wartime.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Antonym is shortage of megazine. In other words shortage of spare parts etc etc., u can also digest in that sence.
I don't think there will be a shortage of magazines, a few weeks ago Armasen had posted a pic of a battle loadout that had 7 magazines, and i am not wrong an army rfi was also released which said they want 6 MOLLE pouches for mags, grenades, communication devices, etc.
Any operation be it at section level, platoon, company or battalion level will see a mix of all weapons like SIG 716, AKs, maybe INSAS (or future carbine), LMG/MMG, DMR, sniper and all will have enough arrangements to carry required ammunition or will be supplied through logistics.

Kchontha

Country flag
I don't think there will be a shortage of magazines, a few weeks ago Armasen had posted a pic of a battle loadout that had 7 magazines, and i am not wrong an army rfi was also released which said they want 6 MOLLE pouches for mags, grenades, communication devices, etc.
Any operation be it at section level, platoon, company or battalion level will see a mix of all weapons like SIG 716, AKs, maybe INSAS (or future carbine), LMG/MMG, DMR, sniper and all will have enough arrangements to carry required ammunition or will be supplied through logistics.
Im not talking about aks, insas, lmgs, dmrs or snipers but sig 716i. Hve u any idea about how many magazine a gun accompany when you purchase it.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Not demeaning anyone but I'd like to think that our troops are too skinny, and senior soldiers including officers are even pudgy. Anyone has any idea of the Indian Army's equivalent of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Fitness_Test
My gym trainer and retired infantry subedar told me that IA physical training focus more on endurance than strength. Is this true?
Not the thread to ask this mate, post it on the relevant thread with the pic you are referring to.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Tang

Country flag
Why would you want IA to focus on strength more when soldiers need endurance in the battlefield.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles