Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
If by hammer down you mean the bolt being forward with a round in chamber, yes it can be put on safe in that state.
no, by hammer down i mean pulling the trigger on an empty chamber. AR15/10 rifles with a stock trigger cant be put on safe with the hammer decocked.

Gessler

Country flag
no, by hammer down i mean pulling the trigger on an empty chamber. AR15/10 rifles with a stock trigger cant be put on safe with the hammer decocked.
Ah, I get what you mean. No it can't be.

But there's no need to, as there's no round in the chamber and gun will not fire. Unless manually chambered again.

Gessler

Country flag
the guy in the front has his sights folded down, i dont know what he is aiming at but he isnt going to hit anything.
Arent they even trained to look for iron sights?

View attachment 77949

View attachment 77950
One more shot:

716.JPG

In his defence, the sights in question (IMI Defense TFS/TRS) have a pair of 'residual' sight posts that can perform a limited sighting function for relatively short range engagements, even when they are folded down. Watch the video below to get a closer look.

That said, it's obviously not ideal for a rifle this long with this amount of sight radius. It's entirely possible this unit was not instructed on the flip-up nature of the sights (this is first IA rifle with flip sights, we never used them before).

If they did not even have the residual sights, it's likely they would have asked questions about how they're supposed to aim but considering it does have the rudimentary sights it's likely they think "this is how the 716 sights are. Theek hai Chalega" and never bothered to ask.

Of course it's all extrapolation.

rkhanna

Country flag

Gessler

Country flag
Most likely patrol manouvering ex only. I have a bigger issue with the big bright indian flag to be honest.
From what I can tell, these flags are only really used during exercises.
This though, is a concern -

ia.JPG

IA needs to draw very clear lines as to where & when decorations are to be worn on uniform.

Ramyakant

Country flag
This is a brigade level exercise between (170 Infantry Brigade of Indian Army & 1-2 Stryker Brigade Combat part of 7th Infantry Div of US army).

Coalmine

Country flag

JBH22

And the Brigadier is wearing a chest rig and helmet.. What for??
From the photo you can easily id the seniors I hope it's not common practice for the officers to have them under field condition. It makes them a juicy target for snipers.
Also, each time they are bringing the Stryker I hope this does not entice anyone here to forego the kestrel and go for that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles