Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
May be this will make things bit clear.

First and foremost, we are smol.
It's a fact and you can't do much. As you must be accustomed to see Murican YouTubers shooting guns, it's hard to comprehend the same gun with someone having our physique.

Second, if our Tier 1 and 2 operators are excluded then almost all of the remaining soldiers still use antique techniques.
Example you can see the Jawan "Chicken Winging". Another one, almost all of our policemen carry their sidearm in cross-draw holster.

To conclude, this is a M2. A 30+ kg hmg.
View attachment 74922
Still living in 2004 mate?

The new average height for Indian men is 5.8 feet (177 cm), and that for women is 5.3 feet (162 cm).

USA average height is 5'9. Men and 5'4 Men

Fast forward 10 years and we will be taller than Muricans and might just be on our way to tallest.

As for physique don't worry Indians may not look buff we have the Muscle density when trained in the right way.

Lonewarrior

Country flag

The new average height for Indian men is 5.8 feet (177 cm), and that for women is 5.3 feet (162 cm).

Fast forward 10 years and we will be taller than Muricans and might just be on our way to tallest.

As for physique don't worry Indians may not look buff we have the Muscle density when trained in the right way.
Ok, totally agreeing with you on the science part.

But, what about seeing Hickok45 shoot a gun?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ok, totally agreeing with you on the science part.

But, what about seeing Hickok45 shoot a gun?
That can't be helped yet mate, the idea here persists that giving a soldier gun is enough not much effort is put into trigger discipline, posture and technique.
It will get better eventually when the budget increases and we put effort into training.

As for height adjustable buttstock is a must for our gun.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
That can't be helped yet mate, the idea here persists that giving a soldier gun is enough not much effort is put into trigger discipline, posture and technique.
It will get better eventually when the budget increases and we put effort into training.

As for height adjustable buttstock is a must for our gun.
Well that precisely was what I tried to convey. Only seeing (insert tall) YouTubers and how even a M2 can be made "wieldy" if the guy is big.

As for the technique part, it's more of a lack of willpower than budget. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, mentality.

Killbot

Country flag
Well that precisely was what I tried to convey. Only seeing (insert tall) YouTubers and how even a M2 can be made "wieldy" if the guy is big.

As for the technique part, it's more of a lack of willpower than budget. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, mentality.
Still don't see how the Sig-716 is too big. Its barely bigger than the AK.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Overall length of SLR(Fixed butt) was about 44-45 inches with 21 inch barrel.

Overall length of AK-47 (Fixed butt) was about 35-36 inches with 16.3 inch barrel.

Overall length of Insas-1B (Fixed butt) was about 37.8 inches with 18.3 inch barrel.

Overall length of Sig-716 was about 37-38 inches with 16 inch barrel.

Hence Sigs have similar footprint as Insas. However, it has a longer handguard and so it can appear bigger when camera is at some distance.

vishnugupt

Country flag
It's smaller than INSAS lol. Slightly shorter than AK as well.

Btw Sig 716i weighs 3.8kg empty. Less than AK and INSAS.
Screenshot_2021-01-26-16-13-23-00_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg

It's not a new thing where Army brought one thing and giving specifications of other one.
This Rifle weight 4.3kg without magazine.

Gessler

Country flag
View attachment 75057
It's not a new thing where Army brought one thing and giving specifications of other one.
This is brochure of 716G1, which is older, heavier version of what we bought.

This was succeeded by 716G2 which brought several weight-reductions over G1, plus the one we bought had Direct-Impingement gas system as opposed to Short-Stroke Piston which normal 716G2 has, that further reduces weight.

This is the closest to the version we bought:

Only differences being no full auto mode, and different stock.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
View attachment 75057
I'm sorry mate but to what you are referring to is actually SIG SAUER 716. A short-stroke piston operated AR-10.

What we acquired is SIG SAUER 716i. The pseudo direct-impingement version of the aforementioned.
Weight of 716i, 3.85kg.

Weight of INSAS, 4kg.

Vande1947

Country flag

Hi.
I very much doubt that to be the case. Most evidence points to an average height for Indian male to be 166cm. In the cities it is around 168-169cm and lower in rural areas. And yes, I have seen the reference you have provided but am unable to open it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles