Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Whats the fire rate of sig716? I know it's a battlerifle and the guys who use it on full auto will be uncontrollable but if it has low fire rate like scar h it will be use full by burst firing.

Killbot

Country flag
Whats the fire rate of sig716? I know it's a battlerifle and the guys who use it on full auto will be uncontrollable but if it has low fire rate like scar h it will be use full by burst firing.
600 rpm max.

Killbot

Country flag
It's a photo shoot, I doubt it really matters
At least look professional..
Then it should be some what controllable.but in most firefights soldiers do not use auto fire they take aimed shots.
It isn't the rate of fire, it is the amount of force with which the bolt slams at the back of the gun is what causes felt recoil. It's quite high for a .308 gun. The low recoil could be due to the fact that we use slow burning OFB 7.62 NATO ammo.

@Gessler @Johny_Baba @vampyrbladez what is the load of 7.62x51mm ammo OFB produces?

Killbot

Country flag
This looks like a heavily armed squad. Only deficiency is the lack of stopping power of MP9. I think Caracal, side folding Bulgarian AK, JVPC or even the new TAR carbine will be a more apt option for the person operating the CG.
The MP9 is probably for the Charlie Guzz operator. Dont you worry about the stopping power. Thats for pussies. Guzz doesn't stop shit, it blows shit up.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
The MP9 is probably for the Charlie Guzz operator. Dont you worry about the stopping power. Thats for pussies. Guzz doesn't stop shit, it blows shit up.
A soldier can only carry a few rounds of 84 mm CG ammunition. After the rounds are exhausted or worst malfunctions (coming from OFB, this is quite possible), he needs some armed protection. Hence the need for some sidearm.

Gessler

Country flag
This looks like a heavily armed squad. Only deficiency is the lack of stopping power of MP9. I think Caracal, side folding Bulgarian AK, JVPC or even the new TAR carbine will be a more apt option for the person operating the CG.
MP9 has basically come in as a SAF carbine (Sterling) replacement for all the units that bought them. Obviously it lacks power, hence the requirement for 5.56x45 carbines.

How effective is sig without scopes?Because i'm seeing nothing on them.
Rifle itself is just as effective without optics as it is with them. The question is how effective is the shooter with & without optics. The vast majority of IA infantry today do not have optics on their INSAS & AKs so its not like we are strangers to regular use of iron sights.

Just like with the AKs, there is some ad-hoc adoption of optics on some 716s, optics purchased at battalion-level. As of now IA does not issue optics as standard with any assault rifle, and there's no ongoing procurement effort to change that either. So don't expect that to change anytime soon. There is some effort to procure magnifier optics in limited quantity so its possible that in next ~5 years or so, at least 1 or 2 SIG users in a 10-man section could have service-issued magnified scopes to function as some kind of squad marksman. Whether the rest of SIG users in the section would have optics or not will be fully dependent on the availability of battalion funds, and on where the Commander decides to spend them.

what is the load of 7.62x51mm ammo OFB produces?
🤷‍♂️

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Why no sights?
Nahi hai bhai.
How long will this same question come up?

1. There was a tender for appropriate LPVO scope for these rifles. But there is no update on that. It's most probably dead.

2. We have a good number of holographic sights, but there is no point of a holographic sight on this calibre and it's intended range. Unless obviously there are magnifiers.

3. So unless any one of the above two is there; you will see them with these IMI Defence BUIS.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles