Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I fookin love the Sig 716 mate.

I've never seen a rifle so clean, so sleek, so smooth yet so deadly.

Just look at it.

Full length picattiny rail above and below.
Rotating bolt catch be smooth as fuck.

No hassle no anything.

This

Vs

Straight out of RSS sangh Parivar.

1000 $ a piece 2 billion dollar for 2 million active+ reserve, just fookin buy the license and Mass produce it.
Well at least compare sig to our new trichy rifle.

FB_IMG_1461040576736-720x470.jpg

Looks sleek enough to me .
Though I'm quite ignorant about small arms yet trichy looks modern .

Can you guys compare it with sig 716 and ak203 ??

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Well at least compare sig to our new trichy rifle.

View attachment 51373
Looks sleek enough to me .
Though I'm quite ignorant about small arms yet trichy looks modern .

Can you guys compare it with sig 716 and ak203 ??
Thats an SLR with a Bolt and Bolt Carrier chambered to 7.62x39 mm and a feed lip/magazine catch of the AK style 'banana' standard.

piKacHHu

Country flag
Thats an SLR with a Bolt and Bolt Carrier chambered to 7.62x39 mm and a feed lip/magazine catch of the AK style 'banana' standard.
Further, I don't understand how the iron sight would work with protruded rail mount over the dust cover. Again, they produced some kind of patch work. The mag-well lip could have extended a little more to provide AR style grip. Seems like they sleep for whole year and wake up only to showcase their patchy product at some defense expo.

Killswitch

Country flag
When comparing the SIG 716 to anything offered by the Indian PSU's, the difference is massive. Sig has world-class R&D, manufacturing, and customer support. Indian PSU's make weapons that would be considered "junk grade/low end" in the US civilian market. If I had to choose between a SIG or an OFB rifle, I'm choosing Sig every time.

It seems the IA has made the following choices:

Carbine/ Assault rifle: AK 203 762x39
DMR: Sig 716 G2 762x51
GPMG: Negev 7 762x51

HMG: none chosen yet
medium sniper: beretta scorpio 338
Heavy sniper: Barret M 95 .50 cal

I would rather see the beretta and barret replaced by the Gepard Lynx 12.7mm and the HMG filled by the Kord in 12.7mm to simplify logistics and training.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
When comparing the SIG 716 to anything offered by the Indian PSU's, the difference is massive. Sig has world-class R&D, manufacturing, and customer support. Indian PSU's make weapons that would be considered "junk grade/low end" in the US civilian market. If I had to choose between a SIG or an OFB rifle, I'm choosing Sig every time.

Carbine/ Assault rifle: AK 203 762x39
DMR: Sig 716 G2 762x51
GPMG: Negev 7 762x51

medium sniper: beretta scorpio 338

I would rather see the beretta and barret replaced by the Gepard Lynx 12.7mm and the HMG filled by the Kord in 12.7mm to simplify logistics and training.

Carbine: CAR 816 - 5.56x45
Assault rifle: AK 203 - 7.62x39
Battle Rifle: Sig 716i - 7.62x51
GPMG: Negev 7 - 7.62x51

medium sniper: beretta scorpio .338

IndianHawk

Country flag
And what about sss defense . Do they have decent product with genuine design rights??

sydsnyper

Country flag

Carbine: CAR 816 - 5.56x45
Assault rifle: AK 203 - 7.62x39
Battle Rifle: Sig 716i - 7.62x51
GPMG: Negev 7 - 7.62x51

medium sniper: beretta scorpio .338
And we will raise two new regiments to keep track of the logistics..

Flying Dagger

Country flag
And we will raise two new regiments to keep track of the logistics..
We should have simply picked the Sig route. Ease of dealing and local manufacturing in a combined offer would have been great.

Unwanted time waste and money over new proposals every year is stinky

Flying Dagger

Country flag
And what about sss defense . Do they have decent product with genuine design rights??
They are blooming flowers and have developed two sniper rifles Viper and Sabre I guess their name is. For 7.62 and lapua round respectively.

It will take time but they'll definitely come up with more and better products. There have been no news though how was the trial of their weapons ?

sydsnyper

Country flag
We should have simply picked the Sig route. Ease of dealing and local manufacturing in a combined offer would have been great.

Unwanted time waste and money over new proposals every year is stinky
The Sig may seem an enticing prospect, maybe I'd think of equiping BSF with it, but I would still prefer the AK 203 for the frontline troops... the reason being the AK based design and the ease of availability of the ammo.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
The Sig may seem an enticing prospect, maybe I'd think of equiping BSF with it, but I would still prefer the AK 203 for the frontline troops... the reason being the AK based design and the ease of availability of the ammo.
AK as an assault rifle Yes

But not as a battle rifle specially when we have SIG

sydsnyper

Country flag
AK as an assault rifle Yes

But not as a battle rifle specially when we have SIG
I know why you would love the Sig to be to be frontline, but I do not know if you have considered the design differences between both platforms.

For decades now our supply & logistics, manufacturing & Maintenance infra, most importantly - training has been around AK based platforms (which include the INSAS)... do you see the problem in changing all these factors in favour of the SIG in one sweep ?

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I know why you would love the Sig to be to be frontline, but I do not know if you have considered the design differences between both platforms.

For decades now our supply & logistics, manufacturing & Maintenance infra, most importantly - training has been around AK based platforms (which include the INSAS)... do you see the problem in changing all these factors in favour of the SIG in one sweep ?
:playball: tc

Global Defence

New threads

Articles