Indian Army Officer's Selection Procedure Full Video

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I was selected in Vizag for "Signals" department of Indian army during my final B.Tech year. But because of family members insistence I choose GATE exam and joined masters.

At the end of interview, those IA guys asked me

Who would you like Aiswarya or Madhuri Dikshit :lol:

what will you do if your girl friend is molested

a) Shoot the guy.
b) file a complaint.

It was a funny conversation.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I was selected in Vizag for "Signals" department of Indian army during my final B.Tech year. But because of family members insistence I choose GATE exam and joined masters.

At the end of interview, those IA guys asked me

a) Shoot the guy.
b) file a complaint.

It was a funny conversation.
Answer: A rose is a rose and it is same no matter what name it is called. Further, I would accept my parents choice since they would know more about life and beauty is merely skin deep. The heart matters.

This indicates that you are a pragmatic person and can accept what comes your way. Dependable in a crisis.

a) Shoot the guy.
b) file a complaint.
Answer: It depends if I am in UP and related to Mulayam Singh Yadav.

This would show you are aware of the events around you and you have a sense of humour.

However, if the interviewing officer was a MSY fan, you would be in deep trouble. :pound:

sgarg

Mr Ray, it seems the number of officers in Indian army are too low. The oft quoted figure of 30,000 for 1.3M strong army does not seem adequate. This number also must have a lot of technical officers (engineers) and other support arms as well, so officers in fighting arms will be like half the number.

With growing technical complexity (which requires higher educated and capable officers) and effectiveness of small teams in carrying out military tasks (due to better mobility and better weapons) it seems more logical to have a much larger officer strength like 5% of the total size of army.

What are the reasons for such small officer corp?

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Answer: A rose is a rose and it is same no matter what name it is called. Further, I would accept my parents choice since they would know more about life and beauty is merely skin deep. The heart matters.

This indicates that you are a pragmatic person and can accept what comes your way. Dependable in a crisis.

This seems an apt answer, when viewed in Army's command structure which requires absolute discipline and obedience :thumb:

Answer: It depends if I am in UP and related to Mulayam Singh Yadav.

This would show you are aware of the events around you and you have a sense of humour.

However, if the interviewing officer was a MSY fan, you would be in deep trouble. :pound:
:lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
SSB and its interview is a game for those who can read the mind of the interviewer and say the right things that seems to coincide with the military's way to be Chinese. :pound:

Toe the CCP line or thinking, so to say; even if its uncomfortable.

I am being naughty.

They can see you through. Not the CCP, but the interviewing officer and the psychologist.

Shadow

Country flag
I find it very hard to understand what these SSB guys actually want.I have got one of my friend in NDA,not friend actually,he is senior but I knew him very well.First of all he was not so good in studies and he was a very low chap,I mean he used to get punished for every little thing in school and his character too was not so social.But now he is in NDA,i was a bit shocked though and when I asked him he too says that he himself was shocked.One of the questions which the interviewer asked him is that why do you want to join the IAF,and he simply said that he liked the uniform.
But now he is my inspiritaion,and its altogether a different story now.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I find it very hard to understand what these SSB guys actually want.I have got one of my friend in NDA,not friend actually,he is senior but I knew him very well.First of all he was not so good in studies and he was a very low chap,I mean he used to get punished for every little thing in school and his character too was not so social.But now he is in NDA,i was a bit shocked though and when I asked him he too says that he himself was shocked.One of the questions which the interviewer asked him is that why do you want to join the IAF,and he simply said that he liked the uniform.
Now, what is 'Not So Good' in study? He cracked the NDA entrance exam, didn't he? So, he has to be fairly good. Also, if the low chap means a baby hooligan, that is very much per the attitude IAF would look for in one of his candidates, as flying into battle is not for the job for meek bhodrolok. You need the attitude for daring and I guess the board saw in him that attitude. They would polish him and wring out the unnecessary or undesirable parts from him, and keep the fighting spirit intact.

Howeveer low he might have been or one is, if one survives 3 years of NDA, he would come out as a 'Gentleman cadet' - a fighter.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
For risky Jobs guys who are risk taking, high adrenaline seeking, mental toughness are a key assuming each candidate has minimum intellectual knowledge and understanding.

Remaining things they will teach in the academy.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
He must have had some qualities that you did not see.

And if teh SSB did not see those qualities that you saw, then the IAF is in BIG trouble. :)

Shadow

Country flag
Now, what is 'Not So Good' in study? He cracked the NDA entrance exam, didn't he? So, he has to be fairly good. Also, if the low chap means a baby hooligan, that is very much per the attitude IAF would look for in one of his candidates, as flying into battle is not for the job for meek bhodrolok. You need the attitude for daring and I guess the board saw in him that attitude. They would polish him and wring out the unnecessary or undesirable parts from him, and keep the fighting spirit intact.

Howeveer low he might have been or one is, if one survives 3 years of NDA, he would come out as a 'Gentleman cadet' - a fighter.
one thing which i learnt from his experience is SSB does not want ready made gentleman or in your words BHODROLOK.But as far as studies are concerned,honestly speaking he was not at all good and it was a surprise for me when i heard he cracked the written test,and when i asked him he said he anyhow managed to get around 30% of the marks in maths,english went good and he relied on JAI Mata Di when it came to GAT.
But as i said it's a different story now,and he is now my inspiration.

Shadow

Country flag
He must have had some qualities that you did not see.

And if teh SSB did not see those qualities that you saw, then the IAF is in BIG trouble. :)
may be you are right sir.he has got that gutz,i mean one require courage to carry cell phones in NDA,despite being prohibited,and i often find him online in whatzapp and FB,but if one looks at him,no body will say that he is an NDA student,i mean he is very casual and does not show that pride of being in NDA.
nevertheless he has got his career,tommorow he will be earning salary close to six digit and proudly wear the IAF emblem in his chest.
I am really jealous.I will be appearing for the first time in NDA written test in 28th september,wish me luck sir and any suggestions will be more than helpful to me.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
I remember using Jai Mata Di Strategy during CDS, two times.

Mata ji seemed to be busy.

He really got What we say Best Luck, if relied on Jai Mata Di trick. But I doubt that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles