Indian Army: News and Discussion

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Obama is a great president his achievements are not bought to light because of the Republican propaganda machine, not to mention there has never been a president in the history of the US that had to face so much open disrespect. I am sure that history will say that even though Obama was the first African American president there is still a lot of racism in America and quite a lot in the Republican party...
Lets not go offtrack..

Indian Army thread..

lambu

T-90 Hits Building, Kills Indian Soldier in Chennai

An Indian soldier was killed and two others were injured while parking a T-90 main battle tank in the parking bay inside DRDO's Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment campus near Avadi in Chennai, India.

The routine exercise went awry after soldiers lost control of the tank which hit a building. Sepoy Harish died after succumbing to his head injuries while two other soldiers identified as Senthil Kumar and Prem Chand were wounded.

"Medical aid was provided immediately, that was our first priority. It is still too early to say what went wrong during the exercise," said Ravi Kumar Gupta, Scientist G & Director, Directorate of Public Interface of the DRDO while speaking to defenseworld.net.

A Court of Enquiry is already looking into the incident, Director Gupta confirmed and refused to comment on how the Russian made tank lost control.

T-90 Hits Building, Kills Indian Soldier in Chennai : Defense news

H.A.

Army did look at them, But MOD rejected calling it overpriced..
They are exhibiting at Defexpo...

Kunal sir could you tell if the helmets un IA are from Indian Manufacturer or are they imported...?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Army to strengthen base in Arunachal

Guwahati, March 22: The Centre has decided to increase the presence of army personnel in Arunachal Pradesh, a move which could raise the hackles of neighbouring China which frequently stakes claim to the frontier state.

The Centre's move was indicated in the budget speech of Arunachal Pradesh governor J.J. Singh in the Assembly at Naharlagun, 20km from capital Itanagar, this morning.

The former army chief's address conveyed India's commitment to the development and protection of a state which has remained a thorn in bilateral relations between the two nations.

Besides China, the state also shares a border with Bhutan and Myanmar.

"Our army has plans for considerable additional deployment in our state, and setting up of headquarters of new formations and units has already been initiated at several locations. Additional deployment of border-guarding forces along the international border to check cross-border movement of insurgents is also likely," the governor said.

The announcement comes close on the heels of Union defence minister A.K. Antony's visit to the state on February 20 to participate in its 25th Statehood Day followed by the visit of Union minister of state for home Mullapally Ramachandran on March 1.

Both discussed the internal and external security situation of the state.

Antony had asserted that a secure, non-porous international border must continue to be the topmost priority area of the Centre, acknowledging the challenges of people living in border areas of the underdeveloped state.

Mullapally had revealed the sanctioning of a special financial package of Rs 138 crore for modernisation of police forces in the insurgency-torn Tirap and Changlang districts, which also found mention in Singh's speech.

China had objected to the visit of Antony without alluding to him.

India should refrain from taking any action that could "complicate" the border issue, Chinese foreign ministry spokesmanHong Lei reportedly said, asking India to work with China to maintain peace and stability in border areas.

Antony countered by asserting that the development as most unfortunate and objectionable.

Besides increasing army presence, Singh said raising of the first battalion of Arunachal Scouts will have a substantial multiplier effect on the strike and defence capability of the regular army units.

The ongoing renovation and re-operationalisation of eight airfields will help to give a major boost to air connectivity in the state.
:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Girl from 600-population village gets into Army

Seeta Ashok Shelke has made her small village Gadilgaon with 600 population in Ahmednagar district proud. She has made it to the Indian Army and will join the Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Chennai next month. After 49 weeks of training at OTA, she will be a commissioned officer.

Seeta, a mechanical engineer, obtained a BE (Mech) degree from Pravara Rural Engineering College at Loni (Ahmednagar) securing 67 per cent marks in her final year exam.

Talking to Newsline, Seeta said, "I read about a lady officer when I was in Class 10. Prior to that, I wanted to be an IPS officer, but there was no guidance. It was after reading the article in the newspaper that I decided to join the Army."

Seeta's father Ashok Bhikaji Shelke, who has studied Law, is a farmer and practises law at Parner, a taluka place. Her mother is a homemaker and Seeta has three sisters, Geetanjali who has done MCS and is married, Anuradha, a student of final year Mechanical Engineering and Yogini whos is Class XI.

"Even though I am from a rural area, my parents supported me in realizing my dream. I was screened out twice in the SSB Interview but continued to follow my dream and finally made it in my third attempt," she said. Seeta has been trained for SSB.

Interviews at Apex Careers, where she received guidance from Lt Col (Retd) Pradeep Brahmankar, Cdr P K Banerjee and Hrishikesh Apte.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Army foils infiltration bid along Loc in J&K

Jammu: Army troops on Monday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.

"A group of suspected militants numbering three to four had entered into Indian side of Loc in forward area in Jhangard sector of Rajouri district around 0400 hours today," a senior Army official said.

Troops guarding the Loc observed the infiltrators and challenged them to surrender, he said, adding they opened fire on the troops who retaliated resulting in a gun battle.

The suspected militants escaped after about 30 minutes of exchange of fire and the infiltration bid was foiled, the official said.

There was no loss of life or injury to anyone during the incident, he said, adding the area has been cordoned off and search operations were being conducted.

lambu

S’pore and Indian armies conduct bilateral exercise | idrw.org

More than 750 soldiers from the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) and the Indian Army (IA) are participating in the eighth bilateral armour exercise, codenamed Exercise Bold Kurukshetra, at the Babina Field Firing Range in Central India from March 1 to 30.

As part of the exercise, the two armies are conducting joint planning and training, as well as executing integrated manoeuvres.

The exercise troop has carried out an integrated live-firing earlier today, which involved infantry fighting vehicles and tanks from both sides.

Chief Armour Officer, Colonel Siew Kum Wong and the IA's Armoured Brigade Commander, Brigadier-General Yogesh Kapoor, witnessed the live-firing and interacted with the SAF and IA troops as part of their visit to the exercise.

Exercise Bold Kurukshetra is held annually and underscores the warm and growing defence relationship between Singapore and India.

Aside from joint exercises, the SAF and the Indian Armed Forces also interact regularly through visits, courses, seminars and other professional exchanges.

Rahul Singh

Country flag

Doesn't this video restates the fact that Army is yet to get serious about desert camouflage combat uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles