Indian Army: News and Discussion

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
I'm in no way dissing the army, they do unparalleled service to us and that shouldn't be forgotten. If any of u go thru my other posts I have always defended them to the core. Yes, many jiahdis and urban naxals file fake cases of rapes and murder against jawans and officers in conflict zones. Such cases should discouraged at all cost and be called out.

But at the same time, injustices done in name of "tradition" within the army, against jawans or spouses(both jawans and officers), shouldn't be tolerated. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it.
Agree.

sorcerer

Country flag
AUGMENTED REALITY HEAD MOUNTED DISPLAY (ARHMD) SYSTEM FOR INDIAN ARMY UNDER AATMANIRBHAR BHARAT ABHIYAAN

Posted On: 24 FEB 2021 3:21PM by PIB Delhi

Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display (ARHMD) System is conceived as a capability enhancement to Land Based Air Defence Weapon Systems such as IGLA shoulder fired Infra Red Homing Air Defence Missile System and ZU 23mm 2B AD Gun System which will provide the operator with radar and Thermal Imaging (TI) sight outputs as overlays. The proposed system intends to enhance the engagement capability during night and conditions of inclement weather and the day-time engagements are also intended to be enhanced through increased reaction times, data computation for decision support and integration of output of TI sight.

Indian Army is in the process of acquiring niche technology by procuring quantity 556 Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display (ARHMD) Systems under Make-II Category. After successful evaluation of vendor responses, Project Sanction Order (PSO) has been issued on 22 February 2021 to six vendors to start developing the prototype. The contract will be placed with one of the firms post successful development of prototype as per provisions of Buy (Indian-IDDM) category of DAP 2020.

Development of Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display System under Make-II will be a game changer for Indian Army. It will be in sync with “Atmanirbhar Bharat” policy of the Government and will lead to “Self Reliance” by giving boost to the Indian Defence Industry.

Rudra7678

Country flag

Aspirant847

Country flag
Sahayak system is a colonial hangover, it should go ASAP.

Redesign the Cantonment areas in such a way that sahayaks are not required.
It's helpful for the officers, in more ways than you are probably thinking

Aspirant847

Country flag
easier said than done... entire defence establishment reeks of colonial hangover and elitism each and every step of the way... one just has to remove the nationalism goggles and look properly to see it.
for eg.?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It's helpful for the officers, in more ways than you are probably thinking
sahayak was supposed to be for officers, not officer's wives. the system has been misused.
if they want domestic help, let them create a separate non-military cadre with it's own pay structure.

this misuse is not just in army, it's there in almost all govt branches.
ex: Home guards in police, attenders in judiciary etc etc.

here2where

you may or may not want to read these -

iam sure there are many more..

Aspirant847

Country flag
you may or may not want to read these -

iam sure there are many more..
So you are saying having the caste based regiments is bad?
I disagree with the president's bodyguard only being from a certain caste but I see no other problem.

most of these posts revolve around a single event of mutiny of which the truth we may never know. If it actually is as bad as these articles portray why aren't there more such events?

Aspirant847

Country flag
sahayak was supposed to be for officers, not officer's wives. the system has been misused.
if they want domestic help, let them create a separate non-military cadre with it's own pay structure.

this misuse is not just in army, it's there in almost all govt branches.
ex: Home guards in police, attenders in judiciary etc etc.
The sahayak is mostly an older aged man, In a battalion this is considered one of the plump assignment areas and people volunteer for it.

The sahayak's work mostly revolves around getting the laundry washed and ironed and some other related household work nothing else.

I don't see anything wrong in it. If a person who has so many responsibilities as an officer who's hardly home, he needs help obviously.

keeping a man of the battalion close to him will also get him any important info if he needs it about his own men.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The sahayak is mostly an older aged man, In a battalion this is considered one of the plump assignment areas and people volunteer for it.

The sahayak's work mostly revolves around getting the laundry washed and ironed and some other related household work nothing else.

I don't see anything wrong in it. If a person who has so many responsibilities as an officer who's hardly home, he needs help obviously.

keeping a man of the battalion close to him will also get him any important info if he needs it about his own men.
i am making a distinction between officer's sahayak and officer's wive's sahayak.
i am saying officer's wives's sahayak system is wrong.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles