Indian Army: News and Discussion

sorcerer

Country flag
\\\ Decision to Modernise BSF

Modernization of the Forces is a continuous process. A modernization Plan-III with total outlay of Rs. 282.47 crore has been approved for BSF by The Govt. on 08.06.2018 to equip BSF with modern/state-of-art technology. Further, various type of latest equipments such as UAVs, HHTIs, bullet proof jackets, bullet proof vehicles, sniper rifles and other arms/ammunition etc. have been authorized to BSF.

As per the information provided by BSF, the dependents of BSF Jawans are rehabilitated by providing them compassionate appointment in BSF as per DoPT guidelines. They are invariable trained initially to make them suitable for compassionate appointment. Further, those who are not found suitable for compassionate appointment are offered employment in the Primary/Play Schools, Kendriya Police Kalyan Bhandar, Welfare Canteen etc. on a case to case to basis.

This was stated by the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri G. Kishan Reddy in a written reply to question in the Rajya Sabha today.

12arya

Country flag
That fact that this is still happening is horrible. the army needs to put an end to this crap! aren't movers/packers not allowed inside cantonments? why is it so difficult to hire people when u r get compensated for it?

sorcerer

Country flag
Good News: Satellite Phones For CRPF, CISF & Other Central Armed Police Forces in Remote Areas, Over 10 Lakh Employees to Benefit
Even though much has changed since then, our jawans who are posted in remote areas still face a lot of difficulty in communicating with their families. However, all that is soon set to change as the Modi government has directed the Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL) to find a ‘permanent solution’ for this long-standing problem by providing the jawans Digital Satellite Phone Terminals. Notably, the move will benefit 10 lakh of Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) personnel deployed in inaccessible or far-flung areas of the country.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
General MM Naravane flagged off the 100th K-9 Vajra-T during his visit to Larsen & Toubro Defence Hazira in Surat. Larsen & Toubro has supplied 100 units of indigenously made K-9 Vajra-T 155 mm/ 52 calibre self-propelled guns to IndianArmy.

Eufmci7XYAEgOT6.jpeg

EugE6hDUYAMrot_.jpeg

Orders for atleast another 50 are going to be placed in the near future .

It will awesome if another 150 are ordered .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
General MM Naravane flagged off the 100th K-9 Vajra-T during his visit to Larsen & Toubro Defence Hazira in Surat. Larsen & Toubro has supplied 100 units of indigenously made K-9 Vajra-T 155 mm/ 52 calibre self-propelled guns to IndianArmy.

View attachment 78755

View attachment 78756

Orders for atleast another 50 are going to be placed in the near future .

It will awesome if another 150 are ordered .
It will be ordered, you think just 100 will be enough?

Aspirant847

Country flag
That fact that this is still happening is horrible. the army needs to put an end to this crap! aren't movers/packers not allowed inside cantonments? why is it so difficult to hire people when u r get compensated for it?

Where is she disrespecting the men? She was quite well mannered I think.

I've been following this man for a while and he exaggerates things soo much.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Is he a soldier?

12arya

Country flag
‘Solar-Heated Military Tent’: Sonam Wangchuk, Inspiration For 3 Idiots, Comes Up With New Innovation For Indian Armed Forces

‘Solar-Heated Military Tent’:  Sonam Wangchuk, Inspiration For 3 Idiots, Comes Up With New Innovation For Indian Armed Forces

Solar-Powered Military Tent (Image Credits: @Wangchuk66 )

In a positive development, Sonam Wanghchuk, the man who inspired the character of ‘Fungsuk Wangdu’ in the movie 3 Idiots, has come up with news innovation to keep the jawans of Indian Army staioned in the Ladakh region warm amidst the unforgiving weather.

The engineer-turned education reformer has created solar-heated military tents that can be used by 10 Indian Army jawans at a time and is portable. He shared the images of said tent on Twitter claiming that it can keep the Army men warm at 15 degrees even when it is -14 degrees outside.
"Replaces tons of kerosene, pollution #climatechange For 10 jawans, fully portable all parts weigh less than 30 Kgs," he added. He also stated that the innovation is climate neutral and is completely made in India.
SOLAR HEATED MILITARY TENT
for #indianarmy at #galwanvalley
+15 C at 10pm now.
Min outside last night was -14 C,
Replaces tons of kerosesne, pollution #climatechange
For 10 jawans, fully portable all parts weigh less than 30 Kgs. #MadeInIndia #MadeInLadakh #CarbonNeutral pic.twitter.com/iaGGIG5LG3
— Sonam Wangchuk (@Wangchuk66) February 19, 2021
Praising his noteworthy efforts, Anand Mahindra said in a tweet, “Sonam, you’re the MAN! I salute you. Your work is energising, even this late in the evening...”
Sonam, youâre the MAN! I salute you. Your work is energising, even this late in the evening... https://t.co/ff1AP17Bdo
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) February 19, 2021
The post went viral on social media with over 90,000 likes and more than 22,000 retweets. Netizens congratulated Wangchuk and cheered for his efforts.

Wangchuk is the founder director of the Students' Educational and Cultural Movement of Ladakh and is known for simple yet new solutions for complex problems. It was started in 1988 when he realised that the local kids were losing interest in the conventional methods of learning, manifested in high number of students failing. But the situation improved as the school gained its ground and word spread of its fame.
He is well-known for inventing the Ice Stupa technique to create artificial glaciers. Ice Towers, or 'Ice- Stupas', as he preferred to call them, are a form of artificial glaciers formed in a conical shape, to overcome the irrigation problem in the rain-deficient region.

12arya

Country flag

He is a Veteran, i believe.
Unchecked power is dangerous. I'm some one who 99% of the time supports our armed forces; just go thru my other posts.

The point i saw was y r soldiers packing or unpacking stuff in officers house? Why? Are movers/packers not allowed inside cants? Even if they r not allowed, r u not supposed to pack and load ur stuff like millions of other ppl with transferable jobs?

Ya he may be exaggerating but many other veterans has posted videos of jawans walking dogs, taking kids to school and all. The point is soldiers/juniors r not paid for moving officers furniture or serve food at their parties; times r changing, soldiers aspiration r changing and its time for army to change as well. This kind of issues will affect the morale and i feel emotions r simmering, judging from videos on you tube.

Now plz don't say it happens in the police and babudom. They r the worst with this kind of behaviour. Also, Im not saying that all officers r bad and evil; but this shud not happen anymore.
Army needs to find a system that's updated to the current situation and also won't cause a security threat! We cannot stay static forever.

Recently there was mush reported case where a brig's wife slapped a junior officers wife at a public function at a cant, bcoz she came late? Ever heard of crap like this in any other sector? Asking wives to work for AWWA, on what basis? Not only that, they r forced into doing fashion shows and dances to entertain senior officers wives?

How on earth is this right? What if ur boss tells ur wife to dance/sing/entertain his wife, how will u or ur wife feel? This is all ridiculous.

1613835987853.png

On wat basis is the dude summoning his subordinate's wife and questioning her?

1613836246814.png

Just google so many such cases r there. Many go unreported as well! How is any of this right? Wen bad things happen it shud b criticized & stopped, be it army or civil sector.

Vande1947

Country flag

is the clip missing certain sequences? could not see the instance of glass throwing and verbal abuse etc.

12arya

Country flag
is the clip missing certain sequences? could not see the instance of glass throwing and verbal abuse etc.
i think it is; that's how i found it..

may be the original clip was shared among their sm group or something. just go thru the comment section.

12arya

Country flag
i feel army is esp bad with this whole archaic notions abt the spouses; how women shud spend their time; how soldier's wives personal time shud b utilized and all. Just go thru some pics by army wives blogs online...the amount of resources that is visible, being spent on an ngo is crazy.
and army apparently has no money to buy weapons for SF or guys on the border but can throw lavish dinners every month!this yr, i believe, awwa celebrated their "raising day jubilee"!!!
why? and this is the pic from the function.

also, who set up that office?
army.

who spend the money for it?
army.

How much was spend?
no idea.

was it possible to use that fund for the actual fighting fauj?
yes, absolutely but they didn't.

Yet the army shamelessly claimed awwa is an ngo in 2012 i believe! how can an ngo use army resources, logistics, funds and even logo(on that wall)??? yes, awwa has done some gud deeds too but it can easily/must b done by a welfare dept by qualified professionals in the army itself with half the amount that is wasted by these ladies

daily i read on SF thread, how our SF go without many integral upgrades "due to lack of funds" but they have enough funds for this non sense!.

from an army wives blog:

Vidhya, you might not know it yet, but you have just become an icon for so many Army wives in India who have to go through AWWA and FWO (Family Welfare Organisation) activities every day/week/month reluctantly, wondering who is at the receiving end of this welfare. Women in hushed tones are congratulating you for the courage you have shown to stand up to such irrational pressure tactics.

1613843442197.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles