Indian Army: News and Discussion

12arya

Country flag
why only that, there is also a threat to their safety while in the units.......
How? In the unit, they must be safe right. I mean if they r out there risking it and has been fine so far, how can anyone in the unit hurt them?

It is an operation without lines or frontiers though Kashmir does have a frontiers vis a vis Pakistan. So I can say that there is no protected environment in the valley.
This was stated by an army officer(as he claimed) online. I stated based on that.

So if female docs can work well without any protection in Kashmir so far, then why can't they be allowed in combat or even in SF?

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
All things considered, while the AK isn't exactly the greatest rifle around, I suppose it'd be adequate for the average Indian infantryman. But I do hope they at least don't cheap out, and get the guys proper attachments.

A solid, reliable AK w/ attachments, new helmets, BPJ's and better boots - that would be a good minimum standard for our guys. There are plenty other things one can think of (gloves, joint pads, ballistic eyewear, NVG's, earpieces), but I don't want to get too ahead of myself.

Hfg..

Country flag
All things considered, while the AK isn't exactly the greatest rifle around, I suppose it'd be adequate for the average Indian infantryman. But I do hope they at least don't cheap out, and get the guys proper attachments.

A solid, reliable AK w/ attachments, new helmets, BPJ's and better boots - that would be a good minimum standard for our guys. There are plenty other things one can think of (gloves, joint pads, ballistic eyewear, NVG's, earpieces), but I don't want to get too ahead of myself.
Some people are saying that we are getting AK’s with Collapsible buttstock..Has the configuration changed now?

sorcerer

Country flag
Sharang Gun system inducted in Army

After receiving green signal from the Ministry of Defence, the indigenously-developed Sharang Gun system manufactured by Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ) was officially inducted in the Indian Army, on Friday. Principal Scientific Officer, Controllerate of Quality Assurance (Weapons) (CQAW), A K Adkar has handed over the I-Note of two Sharang guns to General Manager, Vehicle Factory, Atul Gupta during a ceremony organised on Friday. It may be mentioned that induction of Sharang Gun in the Indian Army will enhance the national security in land-locked border areas to destroy enemies with more effective and accurate firing efficiency.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
How? In the unit, they must be safe right. I mean if they r out there risking it and has been fine so far, how can anyone in the unit hurt them?
A female is a natural and most powerful attraction for males.

This was stated by an army officer(as he claimed) online. I stated based on that.
CI / CT is a battle without fronts..

So if female docs can work well without any protection in Kashmir so far, then why can't they be allowed in combat or even in SF?
It is difficult for a male collogue to open the shirt of a female soldier if she gets injured on the stomach. and if a bullet hits her thigh then still more difficult to rip her pants and undergarments..
battle conditions can not afford nicissities of required gender discrimination in Indian minds.

12arya

Country flag
ya but aren't people disciplined enough to handle the attraction?

battle conditions can not afford nicissities of required gender discrimination in Indian minds.
yes, but sir u only said the ladies have been serving with men without much trouble since long...female paratroopers and docs and all.

my position has always been this...
if a woman is truly capable, that is equally fit, strong and is not troubled by mixed living and other "difficulties" (which plagues us ordinary women), then allow her. I mean, no separate toilets and all; but like truly able to gel with the guys(i know almost impossible in our context).

Now don't ask me if I can do any of this... I clearly cannot and do not want either. I'm talking of those women who can if there is any! I mean there'll always b an exception to the rule; allow that odd one if she fits the bill.

Vande1947

Country flag

CI / CT is a battle without fronts..

It is difficult for a male collogue to open the shirt of a female soldier if she gets injured on the stomach. and if a bullet hits her thigh then still more difficult to rip her pants and undergarments..
Hello, Mr Bhadra.
I am quite taken aback at your thoughts.
Correct me if I am interpreting this incorrectly:

You are implying that a lady officer ( by officer I mean any rank ) will not be safe in an Indian defence unit in which the majority are male? There is going to be constant sexual harassment ( re your comment about attraction of female form)?

Similarly, in the battlefield scenario in case of trauma, the male colleague will be guided more by his instincts of being 'male' rather than being a colleague helping out his fellow trooper? Sex/the female form ( cannot be respect if that same female colleague has been subject to sexual harassment during peace time )would be foremost on his mind in battlefield conditions? He will let his fellow trooper die?

If this is true, then indeed we are a depraved society

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Hello, Mr Bhadra.
I am quite taken aback at your thoughts.
Correct me if I am interpreting this incorrectly:

You are implying that a lady officer ( by officer I mean any rank ) will not be safe in an Indian defence unit in which the majority are male? There is going to be constant sexual harassment ( re your comment about attraction of female form)?

Similarly, in the battlefield scenario in case of trauma, the male colleague will be guided more by his instincts of being 'male' rather than being a colleague helping out his fellow trooper? Sex/the female form ( cannot be respect if that same female colleague has been subject to sexual harassment during peace time )would be foremost on his mind in battlefield conditions? He will let his fellow trooper die?

If this is true, then indeed we are a depraved society
We are a developed Society ... yes... that is why we are not naked aboriginals and have acquired civilizational instincts of selection, use of power and force of all kinds, restrictions, and prohibition and governed by laws which are not necessarily based on natural alignments but artificial constructs based on stratification, divisions, power play and subjugation - simply meaning we are a society..

Hence we have cases of theft, murder, abduction, rape, sexual harassments, eve teasing, abnormal behavior, sexual abnormality - all artificially acquired traits conditioned by society and environments. That is why females need protection in all societies howsoever advanced it mighty be. The Western experiments on free sex has miserably failed to liberate humans out of Freudian and societal traps... that have placed woman as a commodity in all respect.

Army organizations are not another office or Osho's Satsang but have physicality as a major component of functional routine. There is a difference between all women's outfits and mixed outfits. Still, the requirement of physicality is so different in front line combat units and other units.

People outside do not understand it, The commanding officer of a unit where a lady officer is posted is in a fix - she needs a separate room, separate bathroom, a separate personal setup which is always not available. Imagine an Engineer unit that is ordered to Ladakh .. there is nothing there - not even a barrack for a new unit. The CO of that unit having lady officers is in a fix now... on top of that the new weird feminist laws ensure that the Commanding officer will do anything to protect his job by protecting this lady officer rather than focus on his profession. ... Bhad men Jaye profession...

Doctor / Nurses is psychologically and mentally at a different level. By her professional ethos, she would have no hesitation and problem in examining the genital of all male soldiers standing in a line as part of medical examination or otherwise nor soldiers would be hesitant in doing so.

We are not US Army where the Army contractors to establish living containers and cookhouse land at a place much before the unit arrives.. We are the Indian Army where arctic tents for Ladakh are required to be imported that will take minimum three months. The country especially the MoD treats soldiers so badly..

Police units can still afford it because wherever they go, they can get a school vacated, barge into a hotel or a community center, vacate a govt building ... not so with Army..

So the conditions of service in frontline units is not amenable to the employment of woman combatants.... Police forces who have women constables have registered the highest cases of sexual abuses and woman police combatants being used as Ayas,, Let us see the ground realities..

Last edited:

Vande1947

Country flag
We are a developed Society ... yes... that is why we are not naked aboriginals and have acquired civilizational instincts of selection, use of power and force of all kinds, restrictions, and prohibition and governed by laws which are not necessarily based on natural alignments but artificial constructs based on stratification, divisions, power play and subjugation - simply meaning we are a society..

Hence we have cases of theft, murder, abduction, rape, sexual harassments, eve teasing, abnormal behavior, sexual abnormality - all artificially acquired traits conditioned by society and environments. That is why females need protection in all societies howsoever advanced it mighty be. The Western experiments on free sex has miserably failed to liberate humans out of Freudian and societal traps... that have placed woman as a commodity in all respect.

Army organizations are not another office or Osho's Satsang but have physicality as a major component of functional routine. There is a difference between all women's outfits and mixed outfits. Still, the requirement of physicality is so different in front line combat units and other units.

People outside do not understand it, The commanding officer of a unit where a lady officer is posted is in a fix - she needs a separate room, separate bathroom, a separate personal setup which is always not available. Imagine an Engineer unit that is ordered to Ladakh .. there is nothing there - not even a barrack for a new unit. The CO of that unit having lady officers is in a fix now... on top of that the new weird feminist laws ensure that the Commanding officer will do anything to protect his job by protecting this lady officer rather than focus on his profession. ... Bhad men Jaye profession...

Doctor / Nurses is psychologically and mentally at a different level. By her professional ethos, she would have no hesitation and problem in examining the genital of all male soldiers standing in a line as part of medical examination or otherwise nor soldiers would be hesitant in doing so.

We are not US Army where the Army contractors to establish living containers and cookhouse land at a place much before the unit arrives.. We are the Indian Army where arctic tents for Ladakh are required to be imported that will take minimum three months. The country especially the MoD treats soldiers so badly..

Police units can still afford it because wherever they go, they can get a school vacated, barge into a hotel or a community center, vacate a govt building ... not so with Army..

So the conditions of service in frontline units is not amenable to the employment of woman combatants.... Police forces who have women constables have registered the highest cases of sexual abuses and woman police combatants being used as Ayas,, Let us see the ground realities..
I actually wrote 'depraved' and not developed.

The first part of your answer refers to civilian society-not relevant to the services which are more disciplined

There is no need to be flippant--engaging in debate and learning is/should be encouraged. Otherwise the same freudian trap of a 'complex' can be applied

Is it correct that a single lady officer ( again i refer to all ranks as officers ) is seconded to a unit? I thought it was always a cluster. And, even if not all amenities are there, some basic distancing re toilet etc is provided?

I did not realise that lady officers are posted as front line troops on the border--my apologies

Indeed, the country as a whole, does not give all armed forces the respect they deserve. The political class and the IAS have seen to that.

Agree re the police and civivl services re treatment of junior female combatants--it is present though not as widespread as you seem to be inferring

I was more concerned re what you posted vis a vis a hypothetical situation where a male trooper would hesitate to save his female comrade just because of her 'anatomy' and his assumed 'depravity' in a combat situation.

Just to clarify, have you served in the services? If so, in civil or military capacity?

M.J.K

Country flag
I actually wrote 'depraved' and not developed.

The first part of your answer refers to civilian society-not relevant to the services which are more disciplined

There is no need to be flippant--engaging in debate and learning is/should be encouraged. Otherwise the same freudian trap of a 'complex' can be applied

Is it correct that a single lady officer ( again i refer to all ranks as officers ) is seconded to a unit? I thought it was always a cluster. And, even if not all amenities are there, some basic distancing re toilet etc is provided?

I did not realise that lady officers are posted as front line troops on the border--my apologies

Indeed, the country as a whole, does not give all armed forces the respect they deserve. The political class and the IAS have seen to that.

Agree re the police and civivl services re treatment of junior female combatants--it is present though not as widespread as you seem to be inferring

I was more concerned re what you posted vis a vis a hypothetical situation where a male trooper would hesitate to save his female comrade just because of her 'anatomy' and his assumed 'depravity' in a combat situation.

Just to clarify, have you served in the services? If so, in civil or military capacity?
see his name tag !

Tridev123

Country flag
Does anyone have any pictures of the mountain strike corps, and any updates regarding them?
The Mountain Strike Corps is not one weapon that can be displayed like a tank. It is composed of various elements like infantry, attack helicopters, tanks where possible, IFV, drones, Artillery etc. Various types of equipment make up the strike corps. So we cannot have one photo.
Unfortunately even our first sanctioned mountain strike corps is not fully ready.
We need minimum two in the light of recent Chinese aggression.
The first mountain strike corps has its HQ in Panagarh in W. Bengal.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles