Indian Army: News and Discussion

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Well that the truth, but saying show off is a little bit Harsh for mechanized battalion.
Not really .. not show off but a reality. Missiles are the basic weapon of Mechanized Infantry and all officers and half of the troops are supposed to be trained as missile operator. But in Infantry missile is a support weapon.

However, it is true that eight missile launchers in Missile battalion are a Company but same eight launchers are a platoon in Infantry..

Six mortars is a platoon in Infantry but six Mortars in artillery is a battery (company)..

Infantry is a very self sufficient packed organisation...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Both were made for different role while the striker are mostly single v hulled unless provided with extra protection with double v hull and extra ERA packages. Bmp 2 has a slight better armour but it will dependably mostly on upgrade of electronics and able to see enemy first.
Oh hello sir. have you seen a stryker ? It is the most advanced Land system.. BMP is diffrent concept altogether.. Please do not mislead when someone asks you a question sincerely...

Belagutti

Country flag
Oh hello sir. have you seen a stryker ? It is the most advanced Land system.. BMP is diffrent concept altogether.. Please do not mislead when someone asks you a question sincerely...
I never said to demoralize the stryker I just said they are two different vehicles for different type of roles BMP 2 has a protection armour of against 34 mm and stryker has armour protection against of 14 mm, I said they are two different vehicles.

Last edited:

Thundering13th

Country flag
All infantry battalions have an ATGM platoon of eight launchers presently equipped with Konkurs. The same eight launcher in Mechanised infantry becomes a company. Many officers and NCO/JCOs attend ATGM courses. Missile badges are authorized after one fires a missile. The problem is that one does not get a training missile to fire in normal course because of non availability. They can put on the badges after firing a missile . But Infantry is one organisation which does not live in false sense of laurels such as missile badges. Their lives and careers are full of so many vagaries to care for a piece of ribbon as life time achievement.

All hollow charge warhead such as 84mm RL, 106mm RCL and single warhead missiles are ineffective against RCC bunkers. Tandem warhead missiles can bring down a Sangarh but not a good RCC bunker. A kinetic shot from tank is much effective. Even fire from canons like 30mm or 40mm canon is more effective.
What do you think we should do to build firepower south of pir panjaal? Without going medium I mean 155mm

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles