Indian Army: News and Discussion

Thundering13th

Country flag
Yes even SF force's can get ATGM Badges.
I am based in the north east and haven't seen much armour baring north bengal and sikkim and the topography doesn't allow as well. I have seen many regular inf guys even AR unit guys who wear the paratrooper badge but very few except COs or above with the atgm badge.

Belagutti

Country flag
I am based in the north east and haven't seen much armour baring north bengal and sikkim and the topography doesn't allow as well. I have seen many regular inf guys even AR unit guys who wear the paratrooper badge but very few except COs or above with the atgm badge.
Well in Rajasthan and Punjab stationed units are more probably more experienced in ATGM training so they get to see more ATGM Badges. Most of the Mechanized Bridges were unexpectedly were raised in Maharashtra being the ahmednagar the HQ for Mechanized Infantry bridage. While most of them are stationed at western form some are stationed in Assam but in very few number's. Very recently.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Well in Rajasthan and Punjab stationed units are more probably more experienced in ATGM training so they get to see more ATGM Badges. Most of the Mechanized Bridges were unexpectedly were raised in Maharashtra being the ahmednagar the HQ for Mechanized Infantry bridage. While most of them are stationed at western form some are stationed in Assam but in very few number's. Very recently.
We need more ATGMs for bunker busting role with the regular inf. The 84mm RL is not very effective against "hardened" bunkers sangars...

Belagutti

Country flag
We need more ATGMs for bunker busting role with the regular inf. The 84mm RL is not very effective against "hardened" bunkers sangars...
The spriggan Missile is a capable ATGM's with a 152 mm and 1300 mm RHA thermobaric warhead it is a capable weapon despite developed in 80's capable of hard kill against most target's

Thundering13th

Country flag
The spriggan Missile is a capable ATGM's with a 152 mm and 1300 mm RHA therm9baric warhead it is a capable weapon despite developed in 80's capable of hard kill against most target's
In my opinion we must also bring back the good old 160mm mortars for extra crunch. I know logistical issues are there but difficult times call for difficult measures

Belagutti

Country flag
In my opinion we must also bring back the good old 160mm mortars for extra crunch. I know logistical issues are there but difficult times call for difficult measures
Well we have only 250 Launchers with 3,000 missile's of spriggan, so for bringing low cost heavy mortar is always possible.

Belagutti

Country flag
Which one is more capable according to your knowledge? The bmp2 with us or the wheeled striker? Both when fully loaded?
Both were made for different role while the striker are mostly single v hulled unless provided with extra protection with double v hull and extra ERA packages. Bmp 2 has a slight better armour but it will dependably mostly on upgrade of electronics and able to see enemy first.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Both were made for different role while the striker are mostly single v hulled unless provided with extra protection with double v hull and extra ERA packages. Bmp 2 has a slight better armour but it will dependably mostly on upgrade of electronics and able to see enemy first.
What about the strength of these mech inf bns?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
All infantry battalions have an ATGM platoon of eight launchers presently equipped with Konkurs. The same eight launcher in Mechanised infantry becomes a company. Many officers and NCO/JCOs attend ATGM courses. Missile badges are authorized after one fires a missile. The problem is that one does not get a training missile to fire in normal course because of non availability. They can put on the badges after firing a missile . But Infantry is one organisation which does not live in false sense of laurels such as missile badges. Their lives and careers are full of so many vagaries to care for a piece of ribbon as life time achievement.

All hollow charge warhead such as 84mm RL, 106mm RCL and single warhead missiles are ineffective against RCC bunkers. Tandem warhead missiles can bring down a Sangarh but not a good RCC bunker. A kinetic shot from tank is much effective. Even fire from canons like 30mm or 40mm canon is more effective.

Belagutti

Country flag
All infantry battalions have an ATGM platoon of eight launchers presently equipped with Konkurs. The same eight launcher in Mechanised infantry becomes a company. Many officers and NCO/JCOs attend ATGM courses. Missile badges are authorized after one fires a missile. The problem is that one does not a training missile to fire in normal course. They can put on the badges after firing a missile . But Infantry is one organisation which does not live in false sense of laurels such as missile badges. Their lives and careers are full of so many vagaries to care for a piece of ribbon.

All hollow charge warhead such as 84mm RL, 106mm RCL and single warhead missiles are ineffective against RCC bunkers. Tandem warhead missiles can bring down a Sangarh but not a good RCC bunker. A kinetic shot from tank is much effective. Even fire from canons like 30mm or 40mm canon is more effective.
Well that the truth, but saying show off is a little bit Harsh for mechanized battalion.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles