Indian Army: News and Discussion

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Like this

haha, don't even talk about para-commandos training, only 1 in 10,000 can finish that training.. :lawl::lawl:.

madras regiment training is not that brutal comparatively. if anyone who been to ooty will know what i am talking about.. the path to Doddabetta Peak from the regiment center is hilly terrain, which means you have to jog up the hill, against the morning darkness and bone chilling cold. we jog only half way to the peak.

after jogging only mere 3 or 5 km, you would wish that you were never born :lawl:

Last edited:

Belagutti

Country flag
11GRRC recruits mainly indian gorkhas from sikkim, ne, darjeeling- kalimpong belt, hp, UK, j&k very less from Nepal. Other regimental centers such as 39GTC or 58GTC recruit nepali gorkhas mostly.
Thank you, it look like you are very knowledgeable about the structure, dont mind did you serve or served in the army ? I am just asking as such detailed answer is not easily available.

Kalki2020

Country flag
If given chance to fight against the Chinese, the Madras Regiment can do wonderful job, they have valor at similar lever as gorkha, strong as any Rajputana regiment, bravely as the Maratha's and quickness as the jat's and smartness as at the level the chinese can't even think ever.
I have no doubt about valor of our soldiers from any regiment & of any background.
Fascinating stories from Gabbar Singh Negi to Jaswant Singh to Ye Dil Maange More Cpt Vikram Batra to Heros of Galwan, more to come if situation demands. Indians are unique breed of creating history of this kind.
Salute to all of them 🙏.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
war cries and motto's of all IA regiments
(taken from open source)

Military UnitMottoLanguageTranslationWar CryTranslation
Indian Army"Sewa Paramo Dharma"SanskritService is our duty"Bharat Mata ki jai""Victory to Mother India"
Indian Air Force"Nabha sparsham deeptam"Sanskrit"Touch the sky with glory"
Indian Navy"Sham-no Varuna"Sanskrit"May the Lord of the oceans be auspicious unto us"
Corps of Army Air Defence"Aakasey satrun jahi"Sanskrit"Win over the enemy in the sky"
Army Medical Corps"Sarve santu niramaya"Sanskrit"Freedom from sickness to all"
Regiment of Artillery"Sarvatra izzat o iqbal"Hindi/Urdu"Everywhere with honour and glory"
Brigade of The Guards"Pahla hamesha pahla"Hindi/Urdu"First, always first""Garud ka hun bol pyare ""I am the son of Garuda, Say O my friend"
Parachute Regiment"Shatrujeet"Hindi"The conqueror""Balidaan parma dharam""Sacrifice before self"
Mechanised Infantry Regiment"Valour and Faith"English"Bolo Bharat Mata ki jai""Say Victory to Mother India"
Punjab Regiment"Sthal wa jal"Hindi"By land and sea""Jo bole So Nihal, sat sri akal"; "Bol Jawala Ma ki jai""He who cries 'God is truth' is ever happy"; "Say victory to Goddess Jawala"
Madras Regiment"Swadharme nidhanam shreyaha"Sanskrit"It is a glory to die doing one’s duty""Veera Madrasi, adi kollu, adi kollu""Brave Madrasi, hit and kill, hit and kill"
All Gorkha Rifles"Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro"Nepali"Better to die than live like a coward""Jai Ma Kali, ayo Gorkhali""Hail Goddess Kali, here come the Gorkhas"
Maratha Light Infantry"Kartavya, Maan, Saahas.HindiDuty, Honour, Courage"Bol Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj ki jai""Say victory to King Shivaji"
The Grenadiers"Sarvada shaktishali"Sanskrit"Ever powerful""Sarvada Shaktishali""Ever powerful"
Rajputana Rifles"Veer bhogya vasundhara"Sanskrit"The brave shall inherit the earth""Raja Ramachandra ki jai""Victory to King Ramachandra"
Rajput Regiment"Sarvatra vijay"Sanskrit"Victory everywhere""Bol Bajrang Bali ki jai""Say victory to Lord Hanuman"
Jat Regiment"Sangathan wa veerta"Hindi"Unity and valour""Jat Balwan, jai bhagwan""The Jat is strong, victory to God"
Sikh Regiment"Nischey kar apni jeet karon"Punjabi"With determination, I will be triumphant""Jo bole So Nihal, sat sri akal""He who cries 'God is truth' is ever happy"
Sikh Light Infantry"Deg tegh fateh"Punjabi"Prosperity in peace and victory in war""Jo bole So Nihal, sat sri akal""He who cries 'God is truth' is ever happy"
Dogra Regiment"Kartavyam anvatma"Sanskrit"Duty before death""Jawala Mata ki jai""Victory to Goddess Jawala"
The Garhwal Rifles"Yudhaya krit nischya"Sanskrit"Fight With Determination""Badri Vishal Lal ki jai""Victory to the Great Lord Badri Nath"
Kumaon Regiment"Parakramo vijayate"Sanskrit"Valour triumphs""Kalika Mata ki jai"; "Bajrang Bali ki jai"; "Dada Kishan ki jai""Victory to Goddess Kali"; "Victory to Lord Hanuman"; "Victory to Dada Kishan"
Assam Regiment"Assam vikram""Unique valour"Rhino charge[3]
Bihar Regiment"Karam hi dharam"Hindi"Work is worship""Jai Bajrang Bali""Victory to Lord Hanuman"
Mahar Regiment"Yash sidhi"Sanskrit"Success and attainment""Bolo Hindusthan ki jai""Say victory to India"
Jammu & Kashmir Rifles"Prashata ranvirta"Sanskrit"Valour in battle is praiseworthy""Durga Mata ki jai!""Victory to Goddess Durga!"
Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry"Balidanam vir lakshanam"Sanskrit"Sacrifice is a characteristic of the brave""Bharat Mata ki jai""Victory to Mother India"
Ladakh Scouts"Ki ki so so Lhargyalo""Victory to God"
Ordnance Corps"Shastra se shakti"Hindi"Strength through weapons"
The Corps of Signals"Teevra chaukas"Hindi"Swift and secure"
Corps of Engineers"Sarvatra"Sanskrit"Everywhere"
Border Security Force"Duty unto death"English
Indian Coast Guard"Vayam rakshamah"Sanskrit"We protect"
Border Roads Organisation"Shramena Sarvam Sadhyam"Sanskrit"everything is achievable through hardwork"

Anandhu Krishna

I have no doubt about valor of our soldiers from any regiment & of any background.
Fascinating stories from Gabbar Singh Negi to Jaswant Singh to Ye Dil Maange More Cpt Vikram Batra to Heros of Galwan, more to come if situation demands. Indians are unique breed of creating history of this kind.
Salute to all of them 🙏.
Search
Nair Brigade

Belagutti

Country flag
Did he earn the ATGM badge?
When you complete Battalion Support Wespon's Course you are entitled for the ATGM Badge's when destory's Tank, Armoured vehicle or Bunker, you are qualified for the ATGM's Badge's with more than 20 year's in Service's what do you think ? The Tank Buster's.

Last edited:

Tanmay

Country flag
outlookindia.com/newsscroll/expansionist-incorrigible-china-continues-to-push-the-envelope-behind-the-news/1867992

The troop density at Tawang, which China claims to be part of south Tibet, is particularly high to thwart any nefarious designs. Then, of course, the new 17 Mountain Strike Corps and associated units, with a total of 90,274 soldiers for "quick-reaction ground offensive capabilities", will be fully raised by 2021-2022. After the 59 Infantry Division of 17 Corps became fully operational at Panagarh (West Bengal), the 72 Infantry Division, to be headquartered in Dehradun, is now taking shape, with its first brigade to be raised at Roorkee.
This is weird since 72 Mountain division was to be raised in Pathankot as part of 17 MSC but was shelved becasue of lack of funds.

Heres what Nitin Gokhale and VatsRohit had said and analysed.

Accordingly, only the newly raised 59 Mountain Division, co-located with the 17 Corps HQ at Panagarh, and the Dehradun-based 14 Division will be permanent part of the Mountain Strike Corps. Other formations like the Ranchi-based 23 Division and the yet-to-be-fully-raised 72 Division at Pathankot, will now have dual tasking —to be part of western command as well as get assigned to 17 Corps— when needed.

Interestingly, the 14 Division used to be called 14 RAPID or Re-organised Army Plains Infantry Division was part of the 2 Corps. The RAPIDS (more than half a dozen of them) were formed in the mid-Eighties-early Nineties period because they comprised of two infantry and one mechanized or armoured brigades which gave the division greater mobility.

Now, an armoured brigade located at Roorkee under 14 RAPID has swapped places with an infantry brigade at Kapurthala. So the erstwhile 14 RAPID Division has been converted into a pure infantry or mountain division placed under the 17 Corps. The plan is to deploy the tweaked 14 Division in the Central Sector of the India-China border in Uttarakhand, which so far had a bare minimum presence of the Army through a sole independent brigade headquartered at Joshimath.
So already 14 RAPID is based in Dehradun, and 59 MD is also said to be in Dehradun. Is it usual to have two divisions at same place? Or is it some media goof up.

Though the " with its first brigade to be raised at Roorkee." means that the Infantry Brigade has moved from Kapurthala to roorkee as said by Nitin gokhale

P.S. The 14 RAPID is no longer a RAPID, since it no longer has an Armored Brigade. It seems to have moved out to Kapurthala.

Thundering13th

Country flag
When you complete Battalion Support Wespon's Course you are entitled for the ATGM Badge's when destory's Tank, Armoured vehicle or Bunker, you are qualified for the ATGM's Badge's with more than 20 year's in Service's what do you think ? The Tank Buster's.
Brother what ever limited knowledge I have is purely line infantry. Mech inf has always fascinated me. Unfortunately none of the people I know served outside inf. So pardon my lack of knowledge.

Belagutti

Country flag
Brother what ever limited knowledge I have is purely line infantry. Mech inf has always fascinated me. Unfortunately none of the people I know served outside inf. So pardon my lack of knowledge.
Well it is not about knowledge, with experience and years of service you probaly would get some kind of disction, ATGM badge is more common than you think. The most of mechanized infantry were only raised in 1980's detached from the other regiment they were serving. Most of the regiments were onginialy an ATGM's regiment with primary role of tank busting, which were later upgraded to the infantry support.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Well it is not about knowledge, with experience and years of service you probaly would get some kind of disction, ATGM badge is more common than you think. The most ofmechanized infantry were only raised in 1980's detached from the other regiment they were serving. Most of the regiments were onginialy an ATGM's regiment with primary role of tank busting, which were later upgraded to the infantry support.
What about ATGM platoon in our inf bns? Do they get the badge as well?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles