Country flag
Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
RFI is first stepp. then RFP
Looks like usual procurement. Nothing of emergency

But weird, we already are buying helmets from MKU etc. Why RFI again?
tenders happen in batches, each tender starts with RFI if there is a change in specs. I have to check but don’t think last time RFI specifically mentioned AK round.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I've heard that MKU sources it's material from China? Is that true,

Tanmay

Country flag
I've heard that MKU sources it's material from China? Is that true,

ndian companies which were earlier procuring raw materials for bulletproof jackets from the US and Europe have now started looking at China to keep the costs down. The earlier BPJs used by the forces were very heavy and after a lot of research, efforts are on to make the jackets much lighter.

An Indian company SMPP changed its suppliers after winning the bid in April last year and was sourcing raw material from Chinese companies for the 180,000-jacket order from the Indian Army. Industry sources confirmed that almost 40 per cent of the raw material used for the BPJs had come from China and had boron carbide powder.
More like imorting APIs for final medicine production in India.

Tanmay

Country flag
Any keen Army observer here?

The 56 Mountain Division at Zakhama, Nagaland was newly raised around 2010

vatsrohit.blogspot.com/2012/08/indian-army-disposition-in-north-east.html

When did it move to Likabali, Arunachal Pradesh

"ITANAGAR, Mar 6: The Indian Army’s Likabali-based 56 Infantry Division’s General Officer Commanding (GOC), Maj Gen Ajay Kumar Vig, called on Governor BD Mishra at the Raj Bhavan here on Friday, "

I believe its the same division despite the name change

jignesh

Country flag
Disclosure of sensitive documents seems worrying, but the general pretext is a bit confusing. Is it secret that certain divisions were raised, or was it more about their employment/deployment in the NE sector. I think its more about the latter. Though these leaks are worrying, but these are older plans. The perpetrators or leaks need to be pinned down, but I am hoping that Indian defense establishment revise their plans and orbat frequently to cater to the changing security/defense realities. Take for example, cold start doctrine, once Porkis knew about it, they went in overdrive countering it, theoretically and planning wise of-course.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
How many gorakha serves in the army ?
approx 33,000 soldiers, i could be wrong though

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I remember the lines from the film Bose : The Frogettan Hero, where the south Indian were mistreated by some north Indian and the officer tried to stop them .

not exactly,

the madras regiment have following decorations.. i m yet to find a another regiment with so many decorations (except the one that i listed above)

1 x Ashoka Chakra
5 x Maha Vir Chakra
36 x Vir Chakras
304 x Sena Medals
1 x Nao Sena Medal
15 x Param Vishisht Seva Medals
9 x Kirti Chakras
27 x Shaurya Chakras
1 x Uttam Yudh Seva Medal
2 x Yudh Seva Medals
23 x Ati Vishisht Seva Medals
47 x Vishisht Seva Medals
151 x Mention-in-Despatches
512 x COAS's Commendation Cards
271 x GOC-in-C's Commendation Cards
3 x Jeevan Rakshak Padak
7 x COAS Unit Citations
7 x GOC Unit Citation

Yet, nobody talks about Madras Regiment

Madras regiment war cry :Veera Madarasi, Aaddi, kollu, Aaadi Kollu..

Belagutti

Country flag
not exactly,

the madras regiment have following decorations.. i m yet to find a another regiment with so many decorations (except the one that i listed above)

1 x Ashoka Chakra
5 x Maha Vir Chakra
36 x Vir Chakras
304 x Sena Medals
1 x Nao Sena Medal
15 x Param Vishisht Seva Medals
9 x Kirti Chakras
27 x Shaurya Chakras
1 x Uttam Yudh Seva Medal
2 x Yudh Seva Medals
23 x Ati Vishisht Seva Medals
47 x Vishisht Seva Medals
151 x Mention-in-Despatches
512 x COAS's Commendation Cards
271 x GOC-in-C's Commendation Cards
3 x Jeevan Rakshak Padak
7 x COAS Unit Citations
7 x GOC Unit Citation

Yet, nobody talks about Madras Regiment
The current Madras regiment formed after the merger of Mysuru infantry, carnatic regiment and large parts of the original madras regiment, it's a systesie's of many south Indian battalion where all are from south indian state's.

The regiment still recruits heavily from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh with a slight majority of Tamil- and Malayalam-speaking recruits. Drill commands by NCOs are commonly given in Tamil or Malayalam. However, since the 1990s the percentage from Kannadiga and Telugu speaking recruits has increased, commands are also given through Telugu and Kannada. Also the officers of the regiment can be from any part of India.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
The current Madras regiment formed after the merger of Mysuru infantry, carnatic regiment and large parts of the original madras regiment, it's a systesie's of many south Indian battalion where all are from south indian state's.

The regiment still recruits heavily from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh with a slight majority of Tamil- and Malayalam-speaking recruits. Drill commands by NCOs are commonly given in Tamil or Malayalam. However, since the 1990s the percentage from Kannadiga and Telugu speaking recruits has increased, commands are also given through Telugu and Kannada. Also the officers of the regiment can be from any part of India.
I remember, the madras regiment training is very brutal. They used to wake us up at 4.00am in morning and make us jog all the way upto Doddabetta Peak roughly 12km.. (remember ooty is coldest place in tamilnadu and during winter morning the temperature are in single digits)

And when u come back to base after all that jogging, you will be served only 4 x fucking parle g biscuits and 1 glass of T(chai) as breakfast.. and 45 min break.

:lawl:

And then return to ground again till 1.00 pm

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles