Indian Army: News and Discussion

rkhanna

Country flag
On ground, the op was led by col S Sheoran
they are still under the command of the MHA/IPS. An army man in NSG is governed by the rules and regs of the MHA/IPS and bot Army. It's a secondment. The NSG is a police unit irrespective of where the personel come from

Any high level interaction with another gov will be lead by Police Officers only, with operational advisors in the entrouge in advisory role but they will all be lead by NSG brass which are police

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
they are still under the command of the MHA/IPS. An army man in NSG is governed by the rules and regs of the MHA/IPS and bot Army. It's a secondment. The NSG is a police unit irrespective of where the personel come from

Any high level interaction with another gov will be lead by Police Officers only, with operational advisors in the entrouge in advisory role but they will all be lead by NSG brass which are police
That's what I had said, those who did not enter the arena had gone to advice the Qatari govt on security issue, and wonder how many of these IPS officers leading NSG have actually faced real combat situation. Since then nothing has been heard in this regard.
Also, the article specifically said 20 IPS, and not just NSG, that is what surprised me.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Defence ministry advances procurement of military hardware worth ₹13,165 crore
A Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) meeting chaired by defence minister Rajnath Singh cleared the procurement of military hardware, including 25 indigenously developed ALH Mark-III helicopters.

In a great impetus for the defence sector, the Union defence ministry on Wednesday approved the capital acquisition of military platforms and hardware for the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force to a total value of ₹13,165 crore, asserting that 87% of this hardware will be ‘Made in India’. The decision was taken in the meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by defence minister Rajnath Singh.

“The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) under the chairmanship of Rasksha Mantri Shri @rajnathsingh today accorded AoN to capital acquisition proposals of Army, Navy and Air Force valuing ₹13,165 cr, of which 87 percent will be Made in India,” a statement by the defence ministry read.

Meanwhile, the statement added that a batch of rocket ammunition for ₹4,962 crore, as well as 25 ALH Mark III helicopters from HAL under Buy Indian (Designed, Developed and Manufactured), better known as the Indian-IDDM category, at an approximate cost of ₹3,850 crores will also be procured.

“Giving a boost to Indigenous Design and Development of ammunitions, DAC accorded approval for procurement of Terminally Guided Munition (TGM) and HEPF/RHE Rocket Ammunition under Buy (Indian-IDDM) category at an approx cost of ₹4,962 crore,” it stated.

The defence ministry aims to complete the entire acquisition process for military equipment that requires no research and development in the next two years.

In addition to the aforesaid, the DAC also approved a few amendments to the Defence Acquisition Procedure 2020 as a part of "business process re-engineering” to promote the ease of doing business for the industry and enhance procurement efficiency and reduce timelines, the ministry said.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
My bad. But it is still not up to the mark
It’s good enough for regular infantry, even Israeli regular infantry still use that helmet to this day too. It provides ballistic protection upto 9mm which is the best you can ask for without compromising on comfort and agility.
Edit: However I think @Hariharan_kalarikkal is wrong it looks like the M1974 only. Again I could be wrong but the helmet cover is deceiving.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
It’s good enough for regular infantry, even Israeli regular infantry still use that helmet to this day too. It provides ballistic protection upto 9mm which is the best you can ask for without compromising on comfort and agility.
Edit: However I think @Hariharan_kalarikkal is wrong it looks like the M1974 only. Again I could be wrong but the helmet cover is deceiving.
Naaah I think @BlackViking is right
The 201 weights 1.7 KGs, the new MKU helmets are also the same, it also has their patent "trauma reduction" tech which the 201 does not, it can also provide protection from angled hits from rifle rounds, (only patka can take direct hits)
Only one lighter is the patka at 1.2 KGs, but lacks protection outside the forehead area

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
User trials of the HAL LUH have been concluded by the Indian Army
Right...and the order will be placed...wait for it...wait for it...waiting....still waiting.....nope..nope...in principle approval after 3 years...contract signing after another 3 yrs for maybe 32 LUH (under govt pressure not to import)...production and delivery in 2027 if lucky....then endless complaints in media...dalal sabotage articles....some ex chiefs or top brass commenting on shoddy HAL practises ....and the import finally of Ka226 choppers.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles