Indian Army: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
India, Kazakhstan joint training exercise 'KAZIND-21' to begin from today

India and Kazakhstan will conduct a 13-day military exercise from Monday with a focus on counter-terror operations in mountainous terrain. The "KAZIND-21" exercise will be conducted at a Kazakh training node in Aisha Bibi in Kazakhstan from August 30 to September 11 this year, the Indian defence ministry said last week.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Indian Army to place orders worth Rs 15,000 crore for indigenous weapon systems

The Indian Army is going to place orders worth around Rs 15,000 crore for indigenous weapon systems including Akash missiles and ALH Dhruv helicopters.

The Defence Acquisition Council, led by defence minister Rajnath Singh, is expected to make orders for two regiments of Akash missiles for the army's air defence and 25 ALH helicopters for the army's aviation wing, defence sources told India Today.

The two projects will boost the capability of the Indian Army to defend the boundaries of the nation, they said.

The force is also looking at acquiring 25 ALH Dhruv Mark 3 helicopters for its aviation squadrons.

AKASH-S MISSILES
Speaking about the Akash-S missiles to be acquired by the force, sources said they are a new variant of the Akash missile system with a new indigenous seeker which improves accuracy and helps in taking down enemy aircraft and cruise missiles at distances up to 25-30 km.

The missiles are capable of performing in extremely cold weather conditions in Ladakh and meet all the requirements of the Indian Army in mountainous and other regions along India's boundaries with China and Pakistan.
What about LCH ? Such a shame that both govt and IA are so disinterested in it ! I bet if the same was an import it would have been inducted by now even without guns !

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
I like the quarter zip combat tshirt, ig I saw this with troops in Russia as well. Wonder if they could put the regiment name on the velcro just below the shoulder instead of on the shoulder in suitable colours.
A few months back, I saw a lot of our troops in delhi cantt wearing this. I liked it.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The United States and its "Group of Four" partners actually use India as a weapon, as a geopolitical tool to counter the so-called "Chinese vaccine diplomacy," but this has cost the Indian people a heavy price. "America first" is still a red line. In fact, the support provided by the United States is only a verbal statement to ease India's growing anti-American sentiment. The motivation is more opportunism than goodwill. Under the current circumstances, the situation in India has actually become a burden to the "Group of Four", all of which are now accumulated in an epic disaster, and the Indian people themselves are the biggest losers.
@mods @ezsasa @Indx TechStyle another one

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles