Indian Army: News and Discussion

Angel of War

Country flag

Madlads literally pulled out some grandpa T-55s for exercise when China is deploying ZTZ-99s and Pakistan is buying VT-4s.
Not surprising
Assault engineer units have been using T55 mine trawlers for a very long time. But these tanks are not used to engage enemy armour ,they move along the tank column and breach the minefield after which they move back to the rear. I don't think there's anything wrong with utilising them for trawling operations .

Angel of War

Country flag
Not only do we have T55 mine trawlers but we also have T55 BLTs, although most units now have T72 BLTs, but these are still operational. It requires a lot of experience and training to operate that thing.

Photon

Country flag
Not surprising
Assault engineer units have been using T55 mine trawlers for a very long time. But these tanks are not used to engage enemy armour ,they move along the tank column and breach the minefield after which they move back to the rear. I don't think there's anything wrong with utilising them for trawling operations .
But that first is Arjun BLT?? That chasis looks broder and biigger than T- series

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

CDS has given 3 months to all forces to discuss you guys recon its happening next year?

another_armchair

Country flag

MEERUT: A young man from who believed he was posted with the 108 Infantry Battalion TA (Territorial Army) 'Mahar' in Pathankot's 272 Transit Camp
, complete with ID and uniform, realised after four months that he was never recruited in the first place, according to an FIR filed by him.
Army sources on Tuesday said that Manoj Kumar had already “served” four months and had even received a “salary” of Rs 12,500 per month following his “appointment” earlier in July.

In reality, Ghaziabad-based Kumar (in his early 20s), was simply doing odd jobs and covering for Rahul Singh, a sepoy in the Indian Army who “recruited” him in return for Rs 16 lakh. Singh originally belongs to the Daurala region of Meerut. He was arrested along with one of his aides for the "recruitment scam" on Tuesday.

rkhanna

Country flag
Bullet proof? What about artillery proof or blast proof? Those are more important criteria.
Hope you realise that this is to set up sangars/checkpoints in the middle of nowhere. Gonna be hard to transport heavy equipment everywhere for a 10-20 man outpost in various terrains.

These are not meant to be static.

Moreover - The more sand/cement you add the more resistance to direct fire anti personal/Guided weapons. Artillery means you need top cover - which maynot be worth the pain of lugging massive steel/Kevlar/ceramic sheets everywhere

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles