Indian Army Kills 4 Pakistani Soldiers as forces retaliate to ceasefire violation along LoC in Rajou

SurgicalStrike

Four Pakistan Army soldier were killed and several injured as Indian Army retaliated to unprovoked ceasefire violation along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir today.

Pakistan Army started heavy mortar shelling and firing at two Indian positions in Jhanger and Sher Makedi village near the LoC in Naushera, triggering of a gun duel, a defence official said.

"Pakistan Army initiated indiscriminate firing of small arms, automatics and mortars on Indian posts on the LoC in two villages of Naushera sector in Rajouri district at around 8 am. Indian Army posts are retaliating strongly and effectively," said Defence Ministry spokesman, Lt Col Manish Mehta.

According to the defence sources, mortar shell fired by the Indian Army fell into an Army camp across the border and Pakistan suffered maximum causality.

Pakistani helicopters and ambulances were seen from across the border to shift the injured and dead Pakistan Army soldiers to near by hospitals.

These areas normally remain calm but Pakistan is now using soft areas for infiltration of armed terrorists from old routes. The Pakistan Army is giving cover fire to terrorists so that they can infiltrate to kick-up violence in the border districts of Rajouri and Poonch, defence officials said.

Intelligence agencies have already alerted the Army and the state police that this summer will be hot and more than 100 terrorists are waiting on launching pads near Line of Control to cross over to the Indian side.

ashdoc

Country flag
we need to have powerful artillery on the border to handle the situation if it escalates . unfortunately we have not inducted too many guns since the bofors scandal broke out in the 80s .

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Intelligence agencies have already alerted the Army and the state police that this summer will be hot and more than 100 terrorists are waiting on launching pads near Line of Control to cross over to the Indian side.
So why the heck can't we take out these terrorist launch pads with our 130mm arty guns or 155mm Bofors? We have 8 figure grid references of these as also real time sat video/still images from the Cartosat series of satellites. We seem to be always in the defensive mode. Why aren't we making good use of our national assets?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Parheps this is a wonder of newly installed shell tracking radar which can guide artillery very precisely to the enemy gun position to hit choppers heir installation was very precisely hit which killed 8 and injured many.

mayfair

So why the heck can't we take out these terrorist launch pads with our 130mm arty guns or 155mm Bofors? We have 8 figure grid references of these as also real time sat video/still images from the Cartosat series of satellites. We seem to be always in the defensive mode. Why aren't we making good use of our national assets?
A couple of reasons. I believe the so-called launchpads are actually houses interspersed within the civilian localities across the LoC. Precise artillery strikes are difficult (unless you wish to level everything in the vicinity), perhaps guided Pinaka will help in the future.

Surgical strikes are most effective, but to keep them effective they should be used selectively and only when the returns are assuredly high as in the case of Sep 29 strikes last year. The more frequently you do it, the easier it becomes for the enemy to calibrate their response. These houses could be set up as traps as well.

Finally, air strikes are an option, but they are likely to have the same impact as artillery.

Israel has tried a combination of all three and yet terrorists slip through and they do not even have an army backing the infiltration bid.

In my opinion IA and the political leadership should stop being conservative and allow the gunners to pulverise the targets indiscriminately. Of course we have to be mindful of our civilian population in Jammu region who'll actually face the brunt of the Paki response.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
In my opinion IA and the political leadership should stop being conservative and allow the gunners to pulverise the targets indiscriminately. Of course we have to be mindful of our civilian population in Jammu region who'll actually face the brunt of the Paki response.
Actually we are at an advantage here. The Pakis themselves say that their hands are tied as they cannot be seen to be killing their 'Kashmiri brethren' by artillery fire across the LoC! Lol!

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
The Paki count is always ZERO..

They claim their Gay Muhammad came on a flying horse and helped them :D:D:D

pdf is a fun place...I have few accounts there and it'f funny to rile them up. Some times I reply to my self just to get the temperature soaring.

Tarun Kumar

One thing is for sure that there were casualties as I read reports of local eyewitness accounts of helicopters airlifting people. Pakis wont do that for civilians. it seems our boys hit them where it hurt the most. Paki is weak military state is clear by now. their army is fit only for chottu gang. the real focus must be china. We must quickly add 1 million troops more on china border and build up military capability best in class for chinese.Also accelerate missile tests.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
We must quickly add 1 million troops more on china border and build up military capability best in class for chinese.Also accelerate missile tests.
For all the bluster, China will not attack India.
If the attack comes from china, it will be from the west through it's slave Paki and their proxies.

Does not mean we must ignore...but we don't need so many troops for China border I think. Good Infra though is a must..

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Guess we will see a few more 'accidents' to cover for dead soldiers from Pakis.

Still to see a coherent and consistent strategy to deal with Pakis.

Tarun Kumar

I think we miss the wood for trees. Pakis are a deadbeat economic nation. I mean which investor will invest in a country where even if he makes a comment against islam, he will be executed on spot. Look at the plight of the German CEO of PIA. The poor chap is on exit control list. Most muslim states have absolutely no brainpower but lot of manpower. The real threat was is and will always be China. China has the brains, the brawn and the means to devastate India and US and become a premier economic and military power. The only country that can discipline them is Russia but Russia is in their pocket for now. We need strong counter insurgency capability for Pakis but military buildup must focus on Chinese.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles