Indian Army for better frontline infrastructure

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

This is improvised design at home, The problem is with local contractors and supply of material to front-line units ..

If we do keep them static, could we not go for concrete bunkers. I am thinking Nazi-style bunkers like these:-

Are they not cost effective? Or is there some other reason?

Also, why are something like HESCO bastions not used?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Few more, On Second picture the infrastructure is better and what it meant to be everywhere ..

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

Few more, On Second picture the infrastructure is better and what it meant to be everywhere ..
Is there one more compartment under that watch tower?
The fire holes are too big it can be targeted by lmg or hmg or anti-tank missiles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
These are made by soldiers themselves, Yes their is a storeroom beneath watch tower ..

Is there one more compartment under that watch tower?
The fire holes are too big it can be targeted by lmg or hmg or anti-tank missiles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Not Army but BSF, Gud design but improvement can be done specially an Armored tower could be placed instead of tin shed so does more sand bags near to ports of the bunker so it can resist sharpnels better ..

hardip

weapons................crap.
ammunition ...........crap..
body Armour..........crap..
helmets..................crap.
armored vehicle.....crap
welfare facility .......crap
salary also.............crap

WTF

hardip

Germens are always...............................have great Technology,.....................

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

====================

Published on Aug 19, 2016
A sangar is a temporary fortified position with a breastwork originally constructed of stones, and now built of sandbags and similar materials.Sangars are normally constructed in terrain where the digging of trenches would not be practicable.The term is still frequently used by the British Army.The word was adopted from Persian and Pashto and derives originally from the Persian word sang, "stone".

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Isolated sentry snagars and rudimentary pillboxes ..

========
========

Something such as this needed in our battlefields but design as per our need ..

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

Isolated sentry snagars and rudimentary pillboxes .
Every time you post a picture in this thread..that makes me angry and sad....
1)1st can't withstand to any mortar fire...if ATGM that will seal the like of soldier..
2)2nd pic can't even withstand a machine gun fire...
Bhai tell me how can you take those rolling pill boxes to there and fix them?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
In parts via mules or slung under IAF MI-17s ..

===============

Pakis did this in short under our observation, This was a achievement that cannot be ruled out ..

It took us time and lives of men to capture these, A stone Sanger would be lot easier to destroy or capture..

I am not saying exactly the same type of engineering but design as per our need ..

Bhai tell me how can you take those rolling pill boxes to there and fix them?

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

===============

Pakis did this in short under our observation, This was a achievement that cannot be ruled out ..

It took us time and lives of men to capture these, A stone Sanger would be lot easier to destroy or capture..

I am not saying exactly the same type of engineering but design as per our need ..
Fingers crossed and looking for the when our idiots will open their eyes..and will think about our country....

kstriya

Country flag

===============

Can these rolling pillboxes be made out of scraped battle tanks and APC for better protection? Weight will be a major issue but strength to take direct fire from higher caliber weapon will be a great advantage. As these are rolling pillboxes, they can be towed anywhere till the terrain is friendly or air dropped by large helos.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

===============

Found something similar on our side of the LOC:-
Igloo LOC.png

These Igloos are roughly 3.5 m in diameter. However they are not being used as pill boxes. Pillboxes were a roughly 200m ahead from this location on a ridge-line overlooking a valley that led straight to Pakistani positions. So in all likelihood, these serve as storage or living quarters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles