Indian Army, Food Guide.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have hardly seen Ducks given in the rations.

Actually, as per the SRS (Schedule of Ration Scale) the nomenclature is 'Fowl Dressed' or 'Fowl Whole'.

And in that classification and type of Fowl can be given.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Big scam in Indian Army- soldiers ate expiry dated food!

Rakhsa Mantri's response
A week after government auditors exposed Army supplying stale food to jawans, Union Defence Minister A K Antony on Saturday gave an assurance that efforts were in progress to improve quality of rations given to them.

In his message to the armed forces personnel on the eve of 64th Independence Day broadcast over radio, Antony said necessary provisions had also been made for supplying special rations for jawans deployed in counter-insurgency operations and high-altitude areas.

"The government has taken several welfare measures for the defence personnel. We are making efforts to improve the quality of atta, rice, vegetables, tea, pulses and other items. Similarly, we have made a provision for special rations to troops deployed in counter-insurgency operations. Special rations have also been authorised for additional troops serving in high-altitude areas above 12,000 feet," he said in his address.

The Comptroller and Auditor General had in its report last week slammed the defence ministry for supplying rotting food items that were unfit for human consumption to jawans, particularly those in Jammu and Kashmir and North East.

========================

Hope this is resolved now...

Blood+

Country flag
I have hardly seen Ducks given in the rations.

Actually, as per the SRS (Schedule of Ration Scale) the nomenclature is 'Fowl Dressed' or 'Fowl Whole'.

And in that classification and type of Fowl can be given.
Thanks Sir ji,but I was talking about the eggs.......not the fowls or ducks themselves.By the way,why not issuing them with ducks' eggs-I mean those are generally bigger!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Duck eggs cost more and so the contractor would not like to go at a loss.

Further, duck eggs are not what the troops are accustomed to.

I don't have the SRS with me and so I don't remember the nomenclature of eggs.

Imagine getting ostrich eggs or even that of a crow!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Hardly getting time for clicks, Anyways new updates ..

gourmande

when i was a kid (early 80s) my parents were posted in d'dun and dad's batman was a gem. he was like a part of our famliy.... and what he did was classic. he used to love my grandma's cooking and we kids wanted to eat his dalda crusted hard as rock poories. so he would parcel his b'fast and bring over for us and eat our home cooked food in return ;) clever coot eh?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas could you please post pics/info of standard issue MessKit and MRE for deployed/scout groups?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
BSF is not Indian Army they are not in same as ours, Their reporting channel may be different from Indian Army.

======

If such an case happens in IA unit one can report during evening roll call parade, If the problem is not sorted out then this is reported to CO directly during monthly darbar / saynik sammelan where decision is taken then and there and implemented forth with ..

This BSF jawan is exposing the lack of basic necessities for our jawans, they are on front line and consuming such sub standard food..... Please have a look

@Kunal Biswas sirr

raheel besharam

BSF is not Indian Army they are not in same as ours, Their reporting channel may be different from Indian Army.

======

If such an case happens in IA unit one can report during evening roll call parade, If the problem is not sorted out then this is reported to CO directly during monthly darbar / saynik sammelan where decision is taken then and there and implemented forth with ..
Sad state of affairs in BSF though, the guy claimed higher officers sell most of the stock and these jawans face the brunt.

Tanmay

Country flag
Rare food tasting video of DFRL Idli Sambar & Ragi Biscuits.
Random youtube find.

Sambar seems watery to me.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles