Indian army field radios

Jim100

Hi as you can see I am a new member I would be very grateful if you guys could help me i'd like to know what radios the Indian army used in the 1971 conflict The reason I ask is I am a figure sculptor and I am currently working on the miniatures at the moment. I do like to get things as historically accurate as I possibly can so any information you could give me on the subject I would really really appreciate

Jim100

hi Ray thanks for the reply I do have sume images but I can't seem to post them. The soldiers in the images I have they seems to be carrying anprc10 and you say anprc25 but I am not sure because I dont see any other american equipment. thanks for the help

ghost

hi Ray thanks for the reply I do have sume images but I can't seem to post them. The soldiers in the images I have they seems to be carrying anprc10 and you say anprc25 but I am not sure because I dont see any other american equipment. thanks for the help
Sir,

anprc25 and other american equipment were used by Indian special covert forces known as
SFF ,you can clear your doubts and get details from here OPERATION EAGLE 1971 AND VIETNAM WAR | Bhavanajagat

This blog is maintained by ex Indian army officer who had fought in 1971 war,and he clearly mention

Short-range, manpack, portable, frequency modulated(FM) transceiver that provides two-way voice communication. Radio Set AN/PRC – 25 is used in the Vietnam War and I had used the same in Operation Eagle. Two-way voice communications could be easily monitored by the enemy. Fortunately, I had no problem as the enemy in Chittagong Hill Tracts had no linguistic experts. I had openly communicated with my Unit Commander in my native language of Telugu and there was absolutely no risk of revealing any sensitive information.

Jim100

Thank you very much for the link. It is not that I disbelieve it not at all it's just that every photo I have seen all the Indian troops seem to have British equipment but as I can see from what you have just shown me they definitely had anprc 25 thank you very much for the help:thumb:

ghost

Thank you very much for the link. It is not that I disbelieve it not at all it's just that every photo I have seen all the Indian troops seem to have British equipment but as I can see from what you have just shown me they definitely had anprc 25 thank you very much for the help:thumb:
Keep in mind they were special forces,however they played an inmportant and active part in 1971 war,here is a photo from that war of them.

SFF after victory in Chittagong where they conducted clandestine operations during 1971 war.

Jim100

Sorry I cannot see the image for some reason it comes up with hosted by tripod

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have fought the war in 1971 and I have not seen ANPRC 10 being used.

We used ANPRC 25 and even C11 R210.

ANPRC 25 was the replacement for the British Radio Set 31.

When I was a Gentleman Cadet, we had to use RS 31 and they were awfully bulky and heavy like hell.

Last edited:

Jim100

Well I cannot get it any more accurate than that you were there Sir so if you don't know then nobody does thank you very much for taking the time to share your knowledge with me it is very much appreciated

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles