Indian Army fears China attack by 2017

A.V.

x posting from NDR.

The Indian military fears a ‘Chinese aggression’ in less than a decade. A secret exercise, called ‘Divine Matrix’, by the army’s military operations directorate has visualised a war scenario with the nuclear-armed neighbour before 2017.

“A misadventure by China is very much within the realm of possibility with Beijing trying to position itself as the only power in the region. There will be no nuclear warfare but a short, swift war that could have menacing consequences for India,” said an army officer, who was part of the three-day war games that ended on Wednesday.

In the military’s assessment, based on a six-month study of various scenarios before the war games, China would rely on information warfare (IW) to bring India down on its knees before launching an offensive.

The war games saw generals raising concerns about the IW battalions of the People’s Liberation Army carrying out hacker attacks for military espionage, intelligence collection, paralysing communication systems, compromising airport security, inflicting damage on the banking system and disabling power grids. “We need to spend more on developing information warfare capability,” he said.

The war games dispelled the notion that China would take at least one season (one year) for a substantial military build-up across India’s northeastern frontiers. “The Tibetan infrastructure has been improved considerably. The PLA can now launch an assault very quickly, without any warning, the officer said.

The military believes that China would have swamped Tibet with sweeping demographic changes in the medium term. For the purposes of Divine Matrix, China would call Dalai Lama for rapprochement and neutralise him. The top brass also brainstormed over India’s options in case Pakistan joined the war to. Another apprehension was that Myanmar and Bangladesh would align with China in the future geostrategic environment.

Country flag
This is why our tactical nukes and agni's are on the tibetan border; Chinese ships would not be safe to ship their junk after that thru our waters ever again or receive oil tankers. I have given my conventional war plan in the NDR thread.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Its just a war scenario for military exercise or the author is a BS, I think so.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Same opinion here... just a military lesson of scenarios...

As the economic dependency of both countries increases, the border disputes et al will take a backseat and such military adventurism will never occur...

Plus, IMHO, the Himalayan mountains provide such a large barrier for both forces that large scale military mobilisation is all but impossible...

EnlightenedMonk

I've mistakenly created another thread of the same name yaar... Please merge moderators...

yang

I think it is not a surprise to suspect a enemy for the army.The duty of military men is fighting againest aggressors,so they can keep their military trait even in the peaceful year.But the duty of the politicians is make a harmonious atmosphere surrounding the country.And in the history,Indian and Chinese didn't have big wars or collisions,except the border war in 1962.And we all know that the cause of the war is buried by England,the Englishman went away from India,but they don't want to see our three counties developing well,and have good relationships,so they make a unfair Mac Mahon Line in order to make troubles between our two countries,and let our two countries fight each other.The English man ofcourse know that our two countries both were invaded by them,and if our two countries build an alliance,the consequence of England is sad.
Now the mistrust between our two countris are:Indian supports the Dalai Lamma,and let him along with the westerners threaten China's security;China supports Pakistan.Today,the Chinese people see Pakistan as China's best friend,and Pakistan supported us in the most dangerous period,all the Chinese people are moved.such as in 1998,1989,I can't count,everytime when we felt helpless ,our friend Pakistan give us a hand,how can we not be moved?And in the Wenchuan earthquake,Pakistan gave all their tent ,and when our receptionists asked the Pakistan rescuers what their eating stylse,they said they came to China to rescue people ,have vegetable leaves to eat is enough."Tears "many people in China said in Internet,when they knew that.So you can know why Pakistan and China are good friends.But India let Dalai Lamma live in India seemed to be nonsense,what can Dalai bring to India,only the mistrust between our two countries,and a little money brought by the western journalists.
So how can we neighbours live in peace is a issue to both our leaders.

pyromaniac

Founding Member
One has to note that this is kind of like the worst case scenario..if China does conduct this sort of atrocity then the world will not just stand by. Overnight, China will become the new USSR and they would not want that.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
But India let Dalai Lamma live in India seemed to be nonsense,what can Dalai bring to India,only the mistrust between our two countries,and a little money brought by the western journalists.
Materiel gain is not all that matters the Tibetans and the Indians share the same value that's self governance through peace that binds us, something we consider more important than any gain are the values, please don't put His highness description in you posts you can describe Tibet as a whole or in a other way.

deltacamelately

Professional
...Sigh...
Some things keep coming back.
This is a copy book excercise. Exercises are conducted to create different battle scenarios and qualify by establishing counter measures. There was a time during the 80's, before the InA's Alpine Divisions were raised, when there was a marked asymmetry between our capabilities, logistics and infrastructure with the PLA. But one can see that other than the Chola incident, nothing major came out. The PLA knows it and the InA knows it better than achieving any major advantage vis-a-vis the enemy in those heights are extreamely difficult, hence I would snub the bring India down on its knees before launching an offensive thing.

IW or no IW, the terrain is a great equalizer.

deltacamelately

Professional
I think it is not a surprise to suspect a enemy for the army.The duty of military men is fighting againest aggressors,so they can keep their military trait even in the peaceful year.But the duty of the politicians is make a harmonious atmosphere surrounding the country.And in the history,Indian and Chinese didn't have big wars or collisions,except the border war in 1962.And we all know that the cause of the war is buried by England,the Englishman went away from India,but they don't want to see our three counties developing well,and have good relationships,so they make a unfair Mac Mahon Line in order to make troubles between our two countries,and let our two countries fight each other.The English man ofcourse know that our two countries both were invaded by them,and if our two countries build an alliance,the consequence of England is sad.
Now the mistrust between our two countris are:Indian supports the Dalai Lamma,and let him along with the westerners threaten China's security;China supports Pakistan.Today,the Chinese people see Pakistan as China's best friend,and Pakistan supported us in the most dangerous period,all the Chinese people are moved.such as in 1998,1989,I can't count,everytime when we felt helpless ,our friend Pakistan give us a hand,how can we not be moved?And in the Wenchuan earthquake,Pakistan gave all their tent ,and when our receptionists asked the Pakistan rescuers what their eating stylse,they said they came to China to rescue people ,have vegetable leaves to eat is enough."Tears "many people in China said in Internet,when they knew that.So you can know why Pakistan and China are good friends.But India let Dalai Lamma live in India seemed to be nonsense,what can Dalai bring to India,only the mistrust between our two countries,and a little money brought by the western journalists.
Not happening. You shed tears for the Paks, we shed our blood because of them. Because they have an official stand to bleed India by a 1000 cuts, by using arms provided by you. So as long as you keep shading tears for them and we keep shading blood of our boys, no Englishman is going to pee in his pants.

Tea and a Newspaper?

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Its a part of the Army's duty to be prepared for any eventuality and in this case against an adversary we have already locked swords with.
But words like "fear", "down to their knees" is a disappointment on the part of the media.
Messing with the 3rd largest army is no joke. And fortunately for us and unfortunately for any aggressor to the north, our Northern border is no open field that any one can walk in.
As Sir Delta mentioned before, the terrain is the greatest equalizer which would support the defender, which in this case would be India.

yang

Materiel gain is not all that matters the Tibetans and the Indians share the same value that's self governance through peace that binds us, something we consider more important than any gain are the values, please don't put His highness description in you posts you can describe Tibet as a whole or in a other way.
I agree with you,and many times we feel grateful to someone,or we well treat someone are not for payback,too,as we are humanbeings,we have spirits .The religions in India all promote peace and harmony, Buddhism comes from India too.But Dalai Lamma is not a pure religious,he is a terrorist to us,he perform for the Westerners,and don't consider the feelings of Tibetian,made the "3.14" incident,but pretend to be a saint.The things involved with him is really a trouble ,I think I will try to avoid refering to him.

Pintu

Its a part of the Army's duty to be prepared for any eventuality and in this case against an adversary we have already locked swords with.
But words like "fear", "down to their knees" is a disappointment on the part of the media.
Messing with the 3rd largest army is no joke. And fortunately for us and unfortunately for any aggressor to the north, our Northern border is no open field that any one can walk in.
As Sir Delta mentioned before, the terrain is the greatest equalizer which would support the defender, which in this case would be India.
Agree with you, and with Sir Delta, that Himalaya stands as greatest barrier between the two country.

As for media, I would like to say that I am totally disgusted with the attitudes shown by them, they have no knowledge, and simply don't know to show respect when they report about our Armed Forces.

deltacamelately

Professional
This IW stuff that the media is talking about is just minuscule part of the War Zone Campaign. It has its own merits and demerits and still doesn't qualifies as a tested doctrine to bring the IA down on its knees and stuff like that. Though the Cold Start doctrine is primarily aimed against Pakistan, many of its elements are calibrated and implemented for testing even by the new Alpine units and still nobody in the military talks about bring the PLA on its knees. Too much Shizuan and Shanghai foods these days.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
It seems to me more like an exercise to shake the government so they make the process faster for weapon procurement. Frankly I don't care till this achieves it's objective.

VayuSena1

Professional
I agree with you,and many times we feel grateful to someone,or we well treat someone are not for payback,too,as we are humanbeings,we have spirits .The religions in India all promote peace and harmony, Buddhism comes from India too.But Dalai Lamma is not a pure religious,he is a terrorist to us,he perform for the Westerners,and don't consider the feelings of Tibetian,made the "3.14" incident,but pretend to be a saint.The things involved with him is really a trouble ,I think I will try to avoid refering to him.
I believe the main reasons why there are conflicts between India and China are purely because of misplaced geo-political interests and misunderstanding one another. Two countries that were hand-in-hand brothers for centuries all of a sudden end up as bitter enemies is not something that we see everyday. Therefore, there has to be considerable amounts of understanding on both the sides. Only then can we have a peaceful neighbourhood.

yang

I think so

Agree with you, and with Sir Delta, that Himalaya stands as greatest barrier between the two country.

As for media, I would like to say that I am totally disgusted with the attitudes shown by them, they have no knowledge, and simply don't know to show respect when they report about our Armed Forces.
The scheme behind the offensive words is so seditious ,they want to make our two countries fight againest each other,and better not have an end,then ,they will reach their goal----the so called regional balance.

Country flag
with both countries focused on bringing economy prosperity to their people this scenario is highly unlikely.

EnlightenedMonk

I agree, the scenario is highly unlikely given the present circumstances... but, as we all know, China is gaining power very quickly and combined with the aggressive attitudes of its ruling class, what's the guarantee that there won't be something like this 8 years from now...

Nobody can make a prediction for the future... so, I think it'd be foolhardy for us to assume now that nothing of the sort will happen...

Country flag
there is no guarantee but I do know there will be an ALLIANCE against China if and when that happens I almost guarantee it, it is a threat to Russia and their siberian territory and a threat to US hegemony, and also to China if things don't go well in the war they might be cut down to their proper status.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles