Indian Army Divisions, their badges and equipment

sandwolf01

Country flag

Top right corner, the snake flag I am assuming is the 6th (I) Armoured Brigade (Sand Viper Brigade) which I thought was deployed in Surathgarh?

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
16 (I) Armoured Brigade 'Black Arrow' currently under II Corps 'Kharga'.

7 Infantry Division 'Golden Arrow', 16 Infantry Division 'Panther', 23 (I) Armoured Brigade 'Flaming Arrow' and 55 (I) Mechanised Infantry Brigade 'Double Victory'.

Angel of War

Country flag
Ah nostalgia , I am very familiar with Jaswant garh , we used to come here once in 2-3 months . Before my dad was posted to HQ XII corps in Jodhpur he was posted in Tenga valley in arunachal Pradesh as CO 107 Engr regt under 5 mountain Division ( Ball of fire division) . 5 div further comes under the command of IV Corps ( gajraj corps) .

Angel of War

Country flag

Angel of War

Country flag
Any source ?
An extract from the same article I just posted
"The first division of the mountain strike corps was raised in the eastern sector but the raising of the second division at Pathankot in 2017-18 was never completed. The raising was stopped due to a paucity of funds with the government, along with a rethink within the Army over the limitations in launching a full-fledged strike corps at the current levels of border infrastructure"

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
An extract from the same article I just posted
"The first division of the mountain strike corps was raised in the eastern sector but the raising of the second division at Pathankot in 2017-18 was never completed. The raising was stopped due to a paucity of funds with the government, along with a rethink within the Army over the limitations in launching a full-fledged strike corps at the current levels of border infrastructure"
Thanks. With the current border dynamics, we need two more divisions, one each in the Central and Eastern sectors to strengthen our defensive and offensive powers.
China is rapidly developing infrastructure in Tibet and they will swarm us like flies in the coming years.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles