Indian Army Divisions, their badges and equipment

Tanmay

Country flag
https://www.gettyimages.in/detail/n...r-commander-news-photo/84048520?adppopup=true
Indian Army Brigadier S.K. Gadeock (R) and Brigadier Commander of the Dograi brigade V. Narayanan (L) salute at the War Memorial During the marking of Vijay Diwas (Victory Day) at Khasa Military Station, some 15 kms from Amritsar on December 16, 2008. Vijay Diwas is celebrated annually on December 16 to commemorate the victory over Pakistan in 1971. AFP PHOTO/Narinder NANU (Photo credit should read NARINDER NANU/AFP via Getty Images)
See his arm patch

Commander of The Indian Army 23 - Flaming Arrow Brigade - Brigadier S.K. Gadeock (C) poses with soldiers as they plant a sapling during celebration of "Van Mahotsav 2009" at Khasa Military Station on the outskirts of Amritsar on August 7, 2009. The Indian Army is committed to mitigating the negative effects of global warming and has embarked on a tree planting programme in this cantonment area. AFP PHOTO/NARINDER NANU (Photo credit should read NARINDER NANU/AFP via Getty Images)

https://thefactnews.in/army-commander-western-command-visits-khasa-military-station/
Lieutenant General RP Singh, Army Commander Western Command along with Lt Gen SK Sharma, GOC Vajra Corps and Maj Gen Vikram Singh, GOC Panther Division visited the operational areas of Dogra Brigade and Khasa Military Station today. Apart from reviewing the operational readiness, Army Commander also visited the Flaming Arrow Brigade, training areas of Vajra Battle School and Quarantine facility at Khasa.

Army Commander expressed his satisfaction on operational preparedness and COVID management by the formation as also assistance being provided to the civil administration. He commended the troops of the Vajra Corps and Panther Division for their high morale and exhorted them to continue serving with the same zeal and enthusiasm

So 23 (I) Armoured Brigade aka (FLAMING ARROW BRIGADE)
Part of XI Corps - Jalandhar (VAJRA CORPS)

23 (I) Armd Bde.jpg

Tanmay

Country flag
Compiling it in this spreadsheet. if you want I can make you editor.

Thanks a lot, but I prefer to have internet privacy.
I do myself maintain one sheet.
but I do see your spreadsheet on my drive
Is my mailID visible somewhere?

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
Thanks a lot, but I prefer to have internet privacy.
I do myself maintain one sheet.
but I do see your spreadsheet on my drive
Is my mailID visible somewhere?
I've kept viewing open for everyone who can see the link. 2nd IABG is with IX?

14 (I) Armoured Division (BLACK CHARGERS aka Shayamal Ashva/Black Horse )

Safe to say it belongs to I Corps Strike One?

Tanmay

Country flag

16th (I) Armoured Brigade aka (BLACK ARROW BRIGADE)

Currrently its located at Mamaun Cant, Pathankot from below reports
Will update the Corps/Command later

https://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20071219/jal.htm#5
Chandigarh, December 18
The Black Arrow brigade of the Western Command commemorated its Battle Honour day, signifying victory in the 1971 Indo-Pak war, by paying homage to martyrs and honouring the war heroes somewhere in the western sector over the past two days.

This year the celebrations were dedicated to 2nd Lt Arun Khetrapal, who was decorated with the Param Vir Chakra. Lieutenant Khetrapal’s memorial, located at Samba, was shifted to the Black Arrow War Memorial at Mamun, which is dedicated to all those who laid down their lives in the Battle of Basantar in 1971. A ‘Remembrance Parade’ was held to pay homage to the martyrs at the war memorial.

http://www.babushahi.com/full-news....ent-Mela-was-organised-by-Black-Arrow-Brigade
In an endeavour to provide opportunities to service personnel and veterans, an Army Placement Mela was organised by Black Arrow Brigade at Mamun in Pathankot on Saturday.

Tanmay

Country flag
I've kept viewing open for everyone who can see the link. 2nd IABG is with IX?

Safe to say it belongs to I Corps Strike One?
Yes.
14 (I) Armd Bde is under I Corps,Mathura
And as the report says, it is based at Bhatinda

Tanmay

Country flag
I will summarise all information about Independent Armoured Brigades of India

Currently there are 08/Eight Independent Armoured Brigades (known)

I will list 7 of them. The last elusive one is currently at Leh, and since its an active tension zone I won't post about that
However I have given an official army tweet somewhere above stating the same, make your own analysis.

2nd (I) Armoured Brigade - Mamun (FLEUR DE LIS Brigade)
3rd (I) Armoured Brigade - Ratnuchak (SABRE Brigade) IX Corps - Yol (RISING STAR)
4th (I) Armoured Brigade - Bhatinda (BLACK MACE Brigade) XII Corps - Jodhpur (KONARK CORPS)
6th (I) Armoured Brigade - Suratgarh (SAND VIPERS Brigade) X Corps-Bhatinda (CHETAK CORPS)
14th (I) Armoured Brigade - Bhatinda (BLACK CHARGERS Brigade) I Corps - Mathura
16th (I) Armoured Brigade - Mamun (BLACK ARROW Brigade)
23rd (I) Armoured Brigade - Amritsar (FLAMING ARROW Brigade) XI Corps - Jalandhar (VAJRA CORPS)

It is fairly easy to get their HQ location, since they appear in news reports (I have given links in pevious posts). As such they have been at same location since decades.. So there is not breach of opsec. However the above list could have discrepancies/changes, still I have tried to keep it as correct as possible

2nd (I) Armoured Brigade - Mamun (FLEUR DE LIS Brigade)
2 (I) Armd Bde FLEUR DE LIS.jpg

3rd (I) Armoured Brigade - Ratnuchak (SABRE Brigade)
3rd.JPG

4th (I) Armoured Brigade - Bhatinda (BLACK MACE Brigade)
Black Mace.JPG

6th (I) Armoured Brigade - Suratgarh (SAND VIPER Brigade)
6 (I) Armd Bde SAND VIPER.jpg

14th (I) Armoured Brigade - Bhatinda (BLACK CHARGER Brigade)
Black Charger.JPG

16th (I) Armoured Brigade - Mamun (BLACK ARROW Brigade)
16 (I) Armd Bde.jpg

23rd (I) Armoured Brigade - Amritsar (FLAMING ARROW Brigade)
23 (I) Armd Bde.jpg

Tanmay

Country flag

Eagle is a give away
Pehala Hamesha Pehala :)
18 BoG batallion it seems

One more thing hidden in pic and tweet.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
M777A2 of 193 Medium Regiment being towed by Tata 1210 FAT during 2019 Republic Day Full Dress Rehearsal. Insignia on FAT is of Meerut based 22nd 'Ram' Infantry Division belonging to II 'Kharga' Strike Corps, Western Command.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
BMP-2 CMT from a Mechanised Infantry Regiment Btn belonging to 14th Independent 'Black Charger' Armoured Brigade during 2006 Republic Day Parade.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles