Indian Army Destroys Five Pakistani Out Post

Sridhar

House keeper
Senior Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
3,474
Likes
1,062
Country flag
3 Pak Army jawans killed, 5 injured; 5 posts destroyed
2 civilians injured in shelling at Poonch
Posted on August 23, 2013 by Dailyexcelsior

Sanjeev Pargal

An Army jawan takes position atop a large stone in Mendhar sector on Thursday.

JAMMU, Aug 22: In a strong reply to Pakistan Army, which had continuously been firing on forward Indian Army posts and civilians areas in entire Poonch sector including Mendhar, Balakote, Hamirpur etc, three Pakistan troopers were killed at Tatta Pani and Rawlakote opposite Mendhar and Poonch sectors today while two civilians including a woman and a girl were injured in Pakistan shelling at Shahpur Kerni in Poonch this afternoon. Five Pakistani troopers were injured.
Official sources confirmed to the Excelsior that two Pakistan Army jawans were killed and two others were injured at Tatta Pani opposite Balnoi in Mendhar sector in Poonch district this evening as Indian troops gave an effective response at 17 days long continued firing and shelling from across the Line of Control (LoC).
Pakistan has also confirmed two fatal and two non-fatal casualties of its Army in Tatta Pani sector falling opposite Balnoi in Mendhar sector this evening. Five Pakistani posts, which had continuously been raining bullets and mortar shells on Indian posts and civilian areas were destroyed in retaliatory firing, sources said.
Another Pakistan Army man was killed at forward area of Rakhcahri in Rawlakote (Pakistan occupied Kashmir) opposite Poonch sector this morning. Three other Pakistan Army personnel were injured.
The Indian Army in Kargil sector killed a Captain of Pakistan Army yesterday in retaliatory firing.
The Indian retaliation was necessitated as Pakistan Army had been targeting civilian areas with 82mm mortar shelling, in which a teen-aged girl and a woman were injured today. Several other civilians had narrow escape as shells landed close to their houses sending a wave of panic among them.
There were no casualties of Indian Army in the firing, sources said.
After suffering three fatalities, Pakistan Army late this evening resorted to heavy firing and shelling at Balnoi at 7.20 pm, Banwat in Poonch at 6.30 pm and Mendhar at 6.45 pm.
Pakistan Army was using medium to heavy fire arms apart from mortar shells, targeting forward Indian Army pickets and civilian areas, they added.
Firing by the Pakistani troops also resumed at Balakote and Hamirpur sectors at 5 pm with at least 15 forward areas being targeted. Firing at all the places continued till late this evening.
Indian troops were giving very effective retaliation at all the places, they said.
Sources said Pakistan started firing in Shahpur Kerni sub sector of Poonch at 12.05 pm today. They fired with heavy caliber weapons and used 82mm mortar shells to target forward posts of Army and forward villagers.
Splinters of mortar shells, fired by Pakistan, fell at village Kerni and Qasba, about 25 kilometers from Poonch town causing injuries to two civilians in their houses. Several splinters fell in the civilian areas causing damage to houses, cowsheds etc.
Army, police and local people evacuated the injured civilians, who were admitted in the Military Hospital, Poonch in serious condition. They have been identified as Farzana Kousar, 12, daughter of Khadim Hussain R/o Kerni and Noor Jan, 40, wife of Mohammad Din, a resident of village Qasba.
Several local people in Shahpur Kerni had narrow escape in shelling by the Pakistan Army, sources said.
Pakistani troops fired nearly 40 to 50 mortar shells in Shahpur Kerni sector of Poonch, a number of which landed in the civilian areas.
Sources said Farzana Kousar was playing in the premises of her house when she was injured after being hit by splinters of a mortar shell while Noor Jan was grazing cattle when a mortar shell exploded in front of her.
The Indian troops retaliated effectively to silence the Pakistani guns at all the places. The firing stopped late tonight but troops were on high alert as it could resume anytime. The firing spread panic among the people living in forward areas especially after splinters of the shells started landing close to houses of the people and the fields.
Civil and police officers visited forward villages at Shahpur Kerni and urged the people to stay put in their villages. They assured full protection to them. The people held a protest demonstration against Pakistan Army for targeting the civil population.
In previous spells of firing by the Pakistan Army in Mendhar and Balakote sectors, five civilians have been injured during past over one week. Pakistan had been targeting the civil population to force their migration as this would put pressure on Army to stop retaliation. However, the people in the forward areas have already urged the Army to give effective response to Pakistan and don't worry about them. The civilians have expressed their full support to the Indian Army.
Firing from Pakistani side was also reported during the day at Deri Dabsi, Nanda, Peeli and Pona pickets in Mendhar, sources said.
Pakistani soldiers of 655 Mujahideen and 39 Baloch resorted to firing at Roshni Nallah, Gun Hill, Chajaman and 473 Post at Balnoi sector in Mankote which was followed by another violation at Sona Gali, Lowara Gali, Dhiyan, Atma Post and surrounding areas of sector Mankote.
Pakistani troops fired again at Kirni-1 and Kirni-2 posts after a lull at 8.45 pm tonight. Indian troops retaliated and the exchange of firing continued till late in the night.
The Pakistani troops have been daily resorting to ceasefire violations since August 6 when its special forces killed five Indian soldiers and injured another in Sarla battalion area in Poonch.
Pakistan Army had last night committed two violations of the ceasefire by firing mortar shells at LoC posts in Hamirpur and Mendhar sectors of Poonch district, drawing prompt and effective retaliation from Indian troops, sources said.
Firing on several Indian posts in Hamirpur sector along the LoC started at 9 pm last night and continued till 10.30 pm.
Troops from across the LoC opened fire with automatic weapons and medium mortar shells, sources said, adding that: "our troops retaliated effectively and the exchanges continued for about one and a half hours''.
Pakistan troops also fired at Indian posts in the Mendhar sector of Poonch at around 10.30 pm. The firing there continued till 11 pm.
Indian troops responded effectively without any casualties in either of the incidents of firing in Poonch last night.
"The 2003 Indo-Pak ceasefire has become meaningless. There is daily firing these days as was witnessed before 2003," sources said.
The 225-km long LoC in the Poonch-Rajouri sector has been witness to daily violations of the ceasefire since August 7. There have been 33 ceasefire violations by Pakistan in the past fortnight.
Pakistan Army has violated ceasefire over 80 times this year from January 1.

DAILY EXCELSIOR
 

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
Ceasefire Violations By Pakistan Continues


Published on Aug 22, 2013


Ceasefire Violations By Pakistan Continues

================
================

Cant understand but firefight continues ..
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
Hamirpur villagers face the brunt of ceasefire violations by Pakistan

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
Pakistan resorts to unprovoked firing on Indian posts in Ladakh

NEW DELHI/ISLAMABAD: Violating the ceasefire yet again, Pakistani troops resorted to "unprovoked" firing on Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Ladakh last night which was retaliated by the Indian side.

Pakistani troops fired at Indian positions in Shakma sector of Skardu region which was retaliated by the Indian soldiers, Army officials said in Delhi today.
Source : Pakistan resorts to unprovoked firing on Indian posts in Ladakh - Economic Times
 

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
Fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Poonch

For the second day in succession, Pakistani troops on Thursday violated the ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district, an army official said.

According to a defence spokesman, Pakistan troops opened fire with automatic weapons and small arms on Indian army posts in Balnoi in Mendhar area of the district around 7.20 p.m.

Indian soldiers retaliated, and the exchange of fire was still continuing at 10.30 pm.

Earlier, army spokesman Col R.K. Palta told IANS that Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing at Indian positions in Mendhar and Hamirpur areas in Poonch Wednesday night.

"Pakistani troops used small arms, automatics and mortars to target our positions in Mendhar and Hamirpur areas of the LoC yesterday (Wednesday) night. Our troops retaliated to the enemy fire. The firing exchanges started at 10.30 pm and continued for about one hour," he said.

The bilateral ceasefire that came into force between India and Pakistan in November 2003 had brought in a modicum of normalcy in the lives of thousands of people living along the borders in divided Kashmir in Indian and Pakistan administered parts.

India has been accusing Pakistan of violating the ceasefire agreement frequently since the beginning of this year. Five Indian soldiers were killed Aug 6 by Pakistani troops who crossed over into Indian territory.

Read more at: Fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Poonch : North, News - India Today
 

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
The war and battles are fought until one accept submission of the other ..

In this case, This ops will continue until enemy is stop firing back and promote infiltration..

This is not about revenge..


STIll two more to go ,we lost 5 jawans so we two more to reach 5
 

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
LoC witnesses flareup again

The Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir has witnessed a flareup as in renewed cross-border skirmishes the facing armies intensely pounded each others' positions with automatic weapons and mortars again, a day after a Pakistani Army official was killed and another wounded in Skurdu area.

A report from Islamabad said, two Pakistani soldiers have been killed in Thursday's shelling.
Source : LoC witnesses flareup again | Daily India News
 

pankaj nema

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
10,308
Likes
38,743
Country flag
The war and battles are fought until one accept submission of the other ..

In this case, This ops will continue until enemy is stop firing back and promote infiltration..

This is not about revenge..
Kunal Sir ; This is Exactly what many analysts have been saying

That Pakistan is getting EMBOLDENED by the ceasefire and Indian Army's morale is going down

Please Read this Ceasefire on the LC is proving counter-productive to the Indian Army, making it complacent to outer attacks

Somehow the Pakis have begun to feel that
either Indians LACK Courage or LACK arms and ammunition

The Paki MISCONCEPTIONS have to be removed by using excessive and disproportionate force
everytime they fire at us
 

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
The main objective for Army is to remove all those terror nods and supporting infrastructure which promotes terrorism in the valley..

In doing that enemy will lose its ability to conduct aggression..

Kunal Sir ; This is Exactly what many analysts have been saying

That Pakistan is getting EMBOLDENED by the ceasefire and Indian Army's morale is going down

Please Read this Ceasefire on the LC is proving counter-productive to the Indian Army, making it complacent to outer attacks

Somehow the Pakis have begun to feel that
either Indians LACK Courage or LACK arms and ammunition

The Paki MISCONCEPTIONS have to be removed by using excessive and disproportionate force
everytime they fire at us
 

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
Joined
Nov 17, 2012
Messages
1,880
Likes
680
Well... I won't call it good but yeah... serves Pakistan right.

i always try to think more than others. im no champion but i always try to do so............

if you check my last post#111, (and also post #17), then it has all which Indian side wants to do, "a response". but this post may also be read by the Pakistani members to understand "The Problem", isn't?

Im too angry with other Indians for the continuous coward attacks by the Pakistani military, beheading etc, and my last post#111 does have this sense of anger. but this post#111, may also be read by the other side to understand, why they also lost few of their team members by Indian military's response?????

:thumb:
 
Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
LoC: Pak troops violate ceasefire at Mendhar section again
Aug 25, 2013

Jammu: After violating the ceasefire thrice on Saturday in Poonch and Rajouri districts, Pakistan troops resorted to unprovoked firing at Indian positions in the Mendhar sector of the Line of Control (LoC) Sunday, a defence spokesperson said.

Col RK Palta, defence spokesperson, told IANS: "The exchange of fire in Balakot area of the LoC in Rajouri district stopped at 10.30 p.m. yesterday. Pakistan again violated the ceasefire by firing at our positions in Mendhar sector of Poonch at 3 a.m. today. Our troops have retaliated effectively to Pakistan's firing. Exchange of fire is still going on in the area".
Source : http://www.firstpost.com/india/loc-...ction-again-1058981.html?utm_source=hp-footer
 

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
Pak violates ceasefire along LoC in Mendhar sector


Published on Aug 24, 2013

Another ceasefire violation in Mendhar Sector from 3 AM onwards. Effective Retaliation by Indian troops in progress. No casualty or damage has been reported so far in Indian side.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
31,122
Likes
41,041
Ceasefire violation by Pak troops again along LoC

Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire twice today by firing mortar shells, rockets and automatic weapons on forward Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district, drawing retaliation from the Indian side.

The fresh ceasefire violations come a day after Pakistan troops violated the border truce thrice.

"Pakistani Army opened indiscriminate and unprovoked firing on forward posts along LoC in Bhambir Gali sub-sector in Poonch sector around 0715 hours", Defence Spokesman Col R K Palta said.
Read more at Ceasefire violation by Pak troops again along LoC - newsR
 

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles

Top