ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For the Paras and the amphibious units, yeah but for the regular mech infantry formations, I think something like a Namer type AFV with an unmanned turret, based on Arjun/ T-90 chassis should be considered, in light of the wide-scale use of ATGMs by our adversaries.
T 15 IFV is in same class weight + crew capacity but with better protection than Namer APC.

T 15 with 30mm remote weapons station turret.
9may2015Moscow-09_(cropped).jpg

T 15 with DUBM 57mm Kinzhal remote weapon station turret. Later version of same RWS has modified turret.

1280px-Army-2018-26.jpg

2nd version is a beast.

Arjun is a dead end, another NPA in making.

CEKpreKWEAEzl31 (1).jpg

This thing suit us much better and meet all indian army requirements for BMP 2 replacement. It can do everything BM 2 can do but with better protection and everything. and we can get them in number. Unlike costly alternative ( heavy IFV, APC ).

JBH22

How can Indian Army be soo confident about BMP 2 in this mordern era !!!!!....What i believe is the will of Indian Army to fight the enemy with whatever equipements they have....JAY HIND...JAY HIND KI SENA...🙏🙏
If used in conventional warfare like it was envisioned that is accompanying tanks on the battlefield the BMP2 can still do good work. Russia still use it. Where it gets dicey is the use of BMP2 in non conventional warfare like in Chechnya or Afghanistan type conflicts.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
...but with better protection than Namer APC.
Any reason to think so other than it being Russian? Any evidence backing up this unconfirmed, unofficial claim?
Apparently, these guys do not bother keeping track of what's been going on outside of their air-conditioned offices.
I like how they don't give a shit anymore... They tried doing it your way with Tarmour & light tank initiatives. What's did that get them?

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Any reason to think so other than being Russian? Unconfirmed, unofficial claim.
Well, the T-15 definitely packs much heavier firepower but in terms of actual armor protection, I don't believe it can surpass the Namer in terms of actual armor protection.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles