Indian Army BMP 2 Infantry Fighting Vehicle Sarath

Akula

Country flag
I learnt that only 800 BMPs are being upgraded because the FICV prototype is doing exceptionally well in trials... Massive commonality with BMP-2.

So the platform is here to stay. Older ones will be mothballed or transferred.
Really, that FICV prototype of OFB atleast needs to look modern.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Really, that FICV prototype of OFB atleast needs to look modern.
I addressed this... Abhay 1 ke initial prototype dekhe ho? Final product will be different.
5851-1-f.jpg

I don't know if there will be unmanned turret or not (it should), but final hull should look somewhat like Sprut-SD or BMP-3. They were lookinh into 57mm auto-cannon turret.

When the 1st prototype rolled out the modular composite hull wasn't ready yet. Because there is plenty of increase in boyancy due to larger internal volume, a sideskirt is likely too.

Akula

Country flag
I addressed this... Abhay 1 ke initial prototype dekhe ho? Final product will be different. View attachment 58533

I don't know if there will be unmanned turret or not (it should), but final hull should look somewhat like Sprut-SD or BMP-3. They were lookinh into 57mm auto-cannon turret.

When the 1st prototype rolled out the modular composite hull wasn't ready yet. Because there is plenty of increase in boyancy due to larger internal volume, a sideskirt is likely too.
I am first time seeing this. If I am not wrong, OFB have their own prototype, DRDO is working on their and same with private sector companies.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I am first time seeing this. If I am not wrong, OFB have their own prototype, DRDO is working on their and same with private sector companies.
Details are not available bro. But i have not heard of any DRDO prototype. Like Arjun with DRDO & CVRDE, this should be a joint effort too.

But i don't have details. I may be wrong.

Akula

Country flag
Details are not available bro. But i have not heard of any DRDO prototype. Like Arjun with DRDO & CVRDE, this should be a joint effort too.

But i don't have details. I may be wrong.
Let's hope Abhay mk2 will be better than OFB FICV, If DRDO and CVRDE are working on it.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Army seeks to upgrade more than 800 BMP-2/2K ICVs
The Indian Army (IA) has invited expressions of interest (EoIs) from local vendors by 16 October regarding the planned upgrade of 811 of its licence-built BMP-2/2K ‘Sarath’ infantry combat vehicles (ICVs).

The IA said on 4 September that it requires potential vendors to develop a BMP-2/2K prototype fitted with third-generation, thermal imager-based gunner and panoramic commander sights, a modern fire-control system, and an automatic target tracker.

The service noted that the upgrades will be carried out under the Ministry of Defence’s (MoD’s) Defence Procurement Procedure-2016, and indicated that all the add-ons will be required to feature at least 40% indigenous content.

Each of the shortlisted vendors, which the IA referred to as “development agencies “(DAs), will eventually be provided with one BMP-2/2K to integrate their respective systems. Industry officials said the prototypes are likely to undergo trials some 24 months after the DAs are selected.

In a rare admission the IA said that its BMP-2/2Ks have been “night blind” and that their sighting systems, which are based on image intensification technology, are “not fit for modern day warfare”.

Moreover, it said that the lack of modernised fire-control and automatic tracker systems have “adversely affected” the platform’s day and night-fighting capabilities.

BlackViking

Country flag
can anyone tell me what is the difference between NAMICA1 and NAMICA2? Also can anyone post the pictures of different NAMICA versions developed till date? I have already come across three versions so if there are more please let me know.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
can anyone tell me what is the difference between NAMICA1 and NAMICA2? Also can anyone post the pictures of different NAMICA versions developed till date? I have already come across three versions so if there are more please let me know.
Don't have pics but the video should definitely help.

WolfPack86

Country flag

The upgraded BMP-2 at #DefExpo2020 Along with optics and electronics I wish armaments too would get an upgrade.

OFB developed Sarath BMP-2/2K upgrade at #DefExp2020 featuring new sensor suites, thermal imagers and TV cameras for the gunner and commander.

The upgraded BMP-2 at #DefExpo2020 Along with optics and electronics I wish armaments too would get an upgrade.

WolfPack86

Country flag

Here's a photo of the upgraded BMP-2/2K which is entering production in Ordnance Factory Medak on account of a recent order by the Indian Army for 156 units of this type. Courtesy: OFB

Rohan Naik

Country flag

Here's a photo of the upgraded BMP-2/2K which is entering production in Ordnance Factory Medak on account of a recent order by the Indian Army for 156 units of this type. Courtesy: OFB
When I saw the condition of these BMPs in recent ongoing war b/w Armenia and Azharbhai, I was shocked. They are such easy targets. Once hit, people inside become charcoal in no time. Why we still operate them? Why have we not moved?

Dessert Storm

Country flag
BMP2 -Sarath Variants

BlackViking

Country flag
This #IndianArmy BMP-2 9P135M-1 night enabled launcher for Konkurs-M
yes. I was wondering about this. I spotted differences between these BMPs and some older pictures of BMP ATGM launcher and wondered if upgradation has already started? Can anyone tell me since when these night launch capable ATGMs were put on service?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles